Covid: UK vaccine rollout 'breaking link' between infections and death
08/04/2021 | news | health | 1,071
A decline in cases has stalled but deaths have not followed the same pattern, scientists say.
08/04/2021 09:03:41 7 17
Any news confirming that vaccination eliminates onward transmission?
Thought not.
or the potential for a new varriant! I doubt its a coincidence that the main varriants are South Africa Brazil and Uk, it was in these places they did most of the very first vaccine trials last year!! Removed
08/04/2021 09:21:13 1 0
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...
08/04/2021 09:03:20 246 47
This should bbc headline, not halfway down the page! We are getting very bad at spreading GOOD news, favouring fear mongering instead.
Snowflake Removed
08/04/2021 09:12:46 43 15
@"we would be at risk and we will see rates like Jan if there was a new vaccine dodging variant"

Same with flu, or any other virus that appears on the scene

We'd better stay locked up for ever then, hadn't we... ya know, just incase another variant or virus pops up... you never know, precaution, precaution, precaution...

It's scary out there... stay at home... forever....
Yeah most of the authoritarian idiots you see on here, won't even voluntarily pay £10 for a flu jab each winter to save 20k lives. Yet they can't wait to get on Facebook and virtual signal like morons by posting their Covid vaccine card.

They'd also place the entire population under house arrest and introduced Nazi Germany style "papers" if half that number die of Covid 19.
08/04/2021 09:16:41 58 382
Or is it because the warmer weather is here? 2+2 isn't 7
No, it isn't.
But keep buying the tinfoil.
08/04/2021 09:36:10 5 3
I have reflected further on FNCT's suggested change and can see a possible way out - if "your" must be changed to "You're." - then with a few more full stops and capital letters to tidy it all up - this might work:
"Please, if. You're. Able, take the jab."
Howzabout that then?
Excellent dismantling of a grammar nazi. Well done! Removed
08/04/2021 09:08:26 68 100
we would be at risk and we will see rates like Jan if there was a new vaccine dodging variant, which will evolve faster the more people have the virus, so shut your yap, get your jab and then we will all be back to normal in the shortest possible time. Your approach risks a new peak
You are an idiot. Stay in your house for the next 10 years if you like. But don't beg to have my freedoms removed to keep your fear at bay. Removed
08/04/2021 09:28:17 8 6
Perhaps you should put a scale on your graphs BBC because they look much shallower in their massive descent than they do on every other site that I visit. Daily infections already lower on a 7 day average than they were on May 16th last year - despite massive testing going on. In my opinion, this pandemic is over.
In my opinion your opinion is worthless. Removed
no shit Removed
08/04/2021 09:58:34 8 17
Comment posted by bill, today at 10:55

"It is obvious that vaccinations are working. The way is clear to ban people who have refused one."

Me... no mask, no excessive handwashing, no precautions of any kind,no furlough,no vaccine... no Covid. For the millionth time, it's cobblers.
You need to mix physically with other people to stand a chance of catching it, mate. Sitting on your mum's sofa in the basement while on your laptop won't do it. Removed
Does the fact that the main people pushing the vaccine have openly talked about the need for population control not at least raise questions? Removed
08/04/2021 10:25:13 2 4
Not amongst the covid cultists. They don't ask questions...
FF
08/04/2021 10:28:06 0 1
Paranoia strikes deep.

Just keep hoping your Dole isn't stopped.
Post Covid, which mutant form of homo sapiens will dominate the Earth? Will it be PfizerBioNTech man, OxfordAstraZeneca man or Moderna man? Here's hoping they will be clot free, which will be an improvement on the present form. Removed
08/04/2021 10:08:49 1 6
Let's just think about testing

I have some symptoms - if I don't have C19 and I go to a place where other people who think they have C19 and so are more likely to have it are going to get tested I may get a negative result but I may then catch C19 at the testing centre (we know the protocol are a bit flaky) ,then

Thinking my symptoms aren't C19 I don't isolate or protect those I meet

Oops
08/04/2021 10:14:28 2 4
Same here. Never worn a mask, not washed my hands every 2 seconds, declined the vaccine and continued to see family, hug, shake hands etc despite being on the vulnerable list, advised to shield and didn't. Offered the vaccine and declined it.

After carrying on as normal as possible, surely by now I should be dead?

Fear is what is causing this madness, not the virus.
I do know people who have died from it. Such a pussy you are. Because it hasn't affected you directly you don't believe in it?

MoooKay,
I'm so much of a pussy that I refused to lock myself away in fear of a virus with 99% survival rate. Does that sound like the actions of a scared person to me? If I were such a pussy surely I would have done everything the government asked wouldn't I?

You strange person.

MoooKay,

You strange person.
FF
08/04/2021 10:51:45 0 0
What are you talking about? The Lockdown is Government enforced. You voted Boris to power and he will tell you what to do.

I have worked fulltime through-out and family are well.

I couldn't care less if a Pub never opened. Are you struggling without a pint or a haircut?

Poor you.
08/04/2021 10:17:51 9 15
We're condemning the whole population to an annual inoculation, if we go down this route.
Far better to allow those at very low risk of serious illness to aquire natural immunity.
Better for them and better for everybody in the long run.
I understand your point. Don't feel like you need to defend yourself against the virtue signallers who silence opposing views through claiming moral highground. Obviously you advocate murder and genocide by suggesting saving all lives at all costs is perhaps not the only way. (?_?)

These days people expect a drug or pill to fix any issue they have before looking any deeper at the true causes.
08/04/2021 10:53:04 2 5
The problem is overcoming a year of indoctrination from our "benevolent" Gov't and Media.
Good.

Ireland in flames already.

Well done 'leave'.

Well done all the conservative team.
08/04/2021 13:09:17 4 3
This BBC report on the written article as well as what was the verbal on tv has been a disgrace.
Please write in and complain
BBC get your act together now
Your first sentence will not get a A* from the English teacher. Removed
Rob
08/04/2021 14:09:22 1 8
Yet it is still illegal to welcome another person into your own home unless they are in your support bubble. Remember, this will still be the case on the 6th May when you have the opportunity to vote in the local elections (regardless of the data). Make your feelings known, send a message and end this utter madness.
08/04/2021 17:31:44 1 4
Old fart.
08/04/2021 20:59:55 4 0
Are you saying they gave men the women’s contraceptive pill in the study?

So if women on the pill get blood clots then they are saying it is something else instead?

Various websites say the pill causes blood clots in women at a ratio of roughly 1 in 1-2,000 DYOR on this, not difficult.
09/04/2021 00:40:41 2 3
the covid death figure us much higher than the govt lie figure. the death figures are contrived like everything else the liars falsify. nasty little country and nasty little people.