Wetherspoon plans new pubs and jobs if ‘no further lockdowns’
30/03/2021 | news | business | 669
The chain plans to open 18 new pubs and upgrade others, but only if there are no more Covid restrictions.
30/03/2021 10:00:35 61 17
My favourite pub is a Wetherspoons. No-one is more surprised than me. Good products well priced, friendly staff and table service pre-Covid in a lovely restored building I remember from my childhood. It's such a shame Tim Martin is such a Brexit supporting berk.
Get over it sad boy Removed
30/03/2021 11:58:24 6 2
like you lot got over the referendum before the Brexit one? You know as well as everyone else, there will be another referendum in 20 years and we'll be joining afterwards... of course you'll be 90 then.
30/03/2021 10:00:59 5 4
I went into Weatherspoons a few times before lockdown. But after this nasty piece of works comments at the beginning of lockdown and now I wont be going back.
Spend your free time in an English class instead :-) Removed
30/03/2021 10:10:33 2 1
I take it you are a Merchant Banker?
I would sooner jump in a river of snot, than drink in a Wetherspoons.

Too many blokes with thick tattooed necks and horrid white trainers.
30/03/2021 10:32:16 1 1
Go bloke, go broke.
Wow you hate the working class you vile person Removed
30/03/2021 12:03:09 0 0
Arrogant sod.
30/03/2021 10:28:09 3 1
"you want to keep people on Universal Credit then?"

Tim does, just look at the wages he pays.
You really ought to look at your comments and the stupidity that lies within. Removed
30/03/2021 10:57:37 1 0
I see that posting a comment with contains no reasoning, rebuttal or facts countering what I posted is your modus operandi.

Your said something about "the stupidity that lies within". Clearly a projection of your own abilities. ??
30/03/2021 11:58:41 0 0
The miserable fat spiv pays such poor wages that many of his staff probably will be receiving Universal Credit. UC doesn’t just replace Jobseeker’s Allowance, it also replaces Working Tax Credits.

I’m really not sure the expansion of poverty pay jobs with junk employers, like Wetherspoons or Sports Direct with their rancid owners, is a good advert for Brexit Britain.
30/03/2021 09:48:10 64 16
He could have said 'no new pubs until we get the duty free imports that I promised my customers during the brexit campaign', but he's given up on that little nugget.
30/03/2021 10:36:48 6 4
Staunch Brextremist Tim Martin has shown his toxic, dishonesty and greed many times over the past 5 years. He sacked his staff heartlessly at the beginning of the pandemic. I won't go to any of his pubs. People like him have damaged the UK's society and economy.
You wont go to a spoons for fear of running up against someone who has been reading your derogatory and insulting posts Removed
30/03/2021 09:40:50 42 24
Whether it's 'Spoons, Costa, Starbucks or any of the national / international chains, I prefer to to avoid them as much as is possible. If I can find a family owned / run pub / restaurant / café I'll use it every time.

However because of it's owner / founder and his attitudes I absolutely won't step inside one of his homogenised pubs. There are plenty of alternatives.
Are you a rejoiner loser then hahahaha Removed
Dragonette 11:46

“Shame you can't prove that Remainer's are in the minority......”

Politicians go wherever the votes are… if there were votes in appeasing remainers then politicians would be on your side.

Silent Starmer is silent because he knows that talking remain is akin to having a fart whilst wearing a spacesuit…. Not recommended and all the evidence you need.
I would sooner jump in a river of snot, than drink in a Wetherspoons.

Too many blokes with thick tattooed necks and horrid white trainers.
Wow you hate the working class you vile person Removed
30/03/2021 11:23:25 2 1
He mentioned nothing about the "working class".

Nice strawman buddy.
Lives up to his username. Removed
30/03/2021 11:35:17 1 0
I am working class.
The liberal elite types do indeed hate working people. They only understand office clerk types, not useful members of society. I am enjoying watching Labour rapidly go the way of the LibUndems. There are only two serious parties int he UK now. The Conservatives and the Conservative back benchers! Removed
30/03/2021 10:36:48 6 4
30/03/2021 09:38:28 166 52
Wetherspoons are going to 'upgrade pubs'?

It's what other pubs call 'shampooing the carpet'.
Tim Martin shows his patriotism and loyalty to the UK again, and Remainers demonstrate their credentials as traitors. Removed
30/03/2021 11:20:54 2 1
nelsons column 12:13 His careless talk cost lives, including some of his customers too.

Surely any responsible business should care for its customers.
30/03/2021 11:26:01 1 0
The only loyalty he has is to his shareholders - no-one else.
30/03/2021 11:30:07 0 0
Give it a rest! Brexit ended over a year ago.
30/03/2021 09:47:21 26 29
your loss our gain , nice to know I won't bump into you result !
It is also nice to know that you will stay in there and not plague the rest of society with your presence!

At least we will know where all the village loonies are located.
Wow you hate the working class you vile person Removed
Lives up to his username. Removed
Wow you hate the working class you vile person Removed
Cue the woke snobs, with their snide comments. Removed
30/03/2021 11:57:21 5 2
Cue the gammon sycophants, with their snide comments.
30/03/2021 11:59:52 2 3
Yeah I'm talking about you.
30/03/2021 12:07:49 2 1
You mean like gammon-in-chief GB News chair Andrew Neil making a snidey snobbish remark the other day about a Glasgow-based university on Twitter.

All the idiot gammons piled on saying it was banter and to lighten up. Fine, our sniggering at Spoons is just banter too. So stop being an easily-offended snowflake.
Ooh the woke snobby types don't like being confronted. Removed
30/03/2021 12:05:47 7 4
I'm a 'snob' for wanting clean carpets, decent beer and properly cooked food?
30/03/2021 11:49:11 9 2
It performs an important social function in keeping the riff raff out of the nice pubs.
Snob. Removed
You know Wetherspoons is for the great unwashed when they provide a bathroom
for their clientele.
30/03/2021 16:27:42 4 2
UK has a drink problem.
Surely Martin knows that you bribe the Tories with party donations directly, rather than with the promise of jobs, if you want to sway Johnson's decisions. Removed
Fair do's BBC, giving the remoaning losers something to focus their bile on. Removed