Miles of new bus lanes and more services promised
15/03/2021 | news | business | 1,773
Boris Johnson says a £3bn plan to upgrade England's bus networks will improve access and air quality.
tory party policy for decades has been to penalise bus users. Why the sudden u-turn? Anything to distract from police attacking women who hold a vigil after a police officer allegedly murdered another woman? Removed
15/03/2021 10:57:18 2 2
You see, you can conflate 2 completely separate topics if you really try hard enough. Ridiculous.
15/03/2021 11:00:25 0 2
How can it have been tory policy for decades, when they haven't been in continuous power for decades. I don't recall a bus user utopia under Labour either.
15/03/2021 11:20:14 1 1
No, they are after votes.
Notice the BBC will have a HYS on something like this and anything a gov says on services will always be subjective... but not a HYS on the sat night vigil, thought they liked the gov bashing, suspect they won’t like the answers. Removed
Whatever you do, don’t protest. The police will either kneel if you’re black or prone and cuff you if you’re white. Removed
15/03/2021 10:54:53 1 2
Didn't see that happening with the rangers and Liverpool supporters of late.
15/03/2021 11:03:18 5 17
Uh-oh

the left leaning moaners will hate the idea of improved public services

NEVER RUDDY SATISFIED
Lost your crayons? Removed
15/03/2021 11:22:45 16 4
Yes - that has been going into the pockets of the Tory Mates' PPE Companies....
Yet we the people let them do it and do nothing to stop them. We should do a Jan6 Capitol hill riot but on Downing Street, I am sure that would wake them up a bit. Removed
15/03/2021 14:38:25 0 1
How do you suggest "we the people" do anything to stop them?
15/03/2021 11:36:01 27 48
So how is fixing the potholes going to help with combating climate change, reducing social exclusion and helping people who don't have access to their own transport? I think you're responding to the wrong HYS!
Lots of reactive moaning

Not much proactive suggestions
15/03/2021 11:59:02 0 6
Especially when it's positive news
15/03/2021 12:02:57 2 2
"Reactive moaning and no proactive suggestions" effectively summarizes your entire modus operandi on this site.
Until some one works out how to stop volcanoes erupting we are all hissing in the wind

PS Immigration to the UK is adding over 3 million carbon ton to the UK foot print every year .

but lets not talk about lets just persecute the motorist instead
15/03/2021 12:10:02 0 1
Natural volcanic activity of all kinds produces about 1% of the CO2.
15/03/2021 12:11:49 0 1
It's MAN-MADE climate change, not volcano-made. Also, immigration is a) caused increasingly BY climate change, and b) a tiny contributor to global CO2 when compared to millions of fat drunken Brits jetting off for multiple foreign holidays each year. Take the log out of your own eye.
15/03/2021 12:19:43 0 1
Other things pollute more, so why should we bother? Is that your rationale?
Hey! Dysentry and heart disease kill more than Covid. Let's just not bother about that eh?

PS Immigration is doing nothing of the sort
15/03/2021 11:50:52 7 20
That is your own fault for living so far from work. I chose my first flat because it was within cycling distance. Cycled to work all my life never owned or driven a car. Retired early by not spending stupidly! While workmates bought further out fancier homes and lost a fortune commuting. Life is choices.
15/03/2021 12:22:19 3 1
Why is the UK bus often extremely smelly ?
That's what the passengers say when you board. Removed
15/03/2021 12:22:19 3 1
Why is the UK bus often extremely smelly ?
Foreigners....never shower. Removed
15/03/2021 12:22:19 3 1
Why is the UK bus often extremely smelly ?
Pissheads. Removed
15/03/2021 12:17:08 1 1
Monorail, monorail, monorail.............
mule Removed
The yoghurt knitters like Thunberg, Attenborough and Packham won't be happy until we're all back ploughing the fields and eating polished brown rice.

We'll all own less....but we'll all be happier....apparently.
15/03/2021 12:32:01 0 5
Agree.... didn't they try this once in Cambodia ? (Kymer Rouge...)
15/03/2021 12:42:09 0 1
Oh grow up and stop wetting yourself when people with more sense than you tell you we shouldn't be destroying the planet.
15/03/2021 12:46:02 0 1
Got a solution instead of hate spewing?

No? Thought not.
Perhaps Mr Schnapps is being misquoted as having said: "Buses are this country's favourite way of getting around". I feel there is an 'o' and an 'ry' too many in that sentence. Removed
We need to get rid of all cars, buses, boats, trains and planes now to save the planet.

A new system of horse drawn carts needs to be implemented, thus a car journey that could take 5 minutes in the wet would now take only 1 hour and you will get soaked. But think of the benefits to the planet (zero-emissions travel).

Free nuts and berries and leaves will be available for the journey.
15/03/2021 13:04:42 0 4
Yeah, anyone alternative is just plain wrong. Damn deviants!
Tex
15/03/2021 13:17:43 3 2
I have never used a bur in the last 34 years, and I am sure that I will not be using another, as where I live it is not worthwhile using one as it takes 9 times longer and costs more than using my car!
I agree, only lower class scum use buses. Removed
ONCE MORE THE HYS MODERATORS DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING COUNTER TO THEIR IDEOLOGY !! Removed
15/03/2021 13:29:29 1 2
Relax, you're raging against a machine.
15/03/2021 13:30:48 1 1
you just keeping barking at moon then.
15/03/2021 13:30:57 1 2
Most HYS'ers hate CAPITALS. So please STOP!
15/03/2021 13:59:31 0 1
What is their ideology? And what is yours?
15/03/2021 13:12:11 2 5
Nice of the BBC to let us have our say about public transport and moan about potholes. But protests, racism... oh no
"A man who, beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure"

Never a truer word said.
15/03/2021 13:51:46 2 2
"A man who, repeatedly spends his time on a fruitless HYS can count himself as a failure."
15/03/2021 13:53:44 1 8
There must be at least 200 tory lies on here already...........Lies to try to justify the private franchise greed and failure.
Lies to try to cover up previous lies.

Its called sillybilly tory mindgames
Democracy sucks eh loser? Removed
hoo
15/03/2021 14:12:18 5 5
Buses weren't much use in the pandemic and the scientists say to expect more pandemics. Get the Cyclists on the road away from the pavements infront of residential homes so everyone can walk. Test, insure and register every cyclist so we can identify them scaring walkers to death. CARS have been the saviour of the pandemic so keep them. I support the Met trying to keep the laws of this land!
And I expect you look rather fetching in your Black Shirt. Removed
Look I know it's the BBC, but I quoted verbatim a quote from Maggie Thatcher about public transport and it was moderated? Removed
15/03/2021 14:09:39 6 7
The yoghurt knitters want cars banned....Thunberg, Attenborough, Packham etc will not be content until we're all back ploughing the fields and eating polished brown rice.

We'll own less material things....but we'll all be happier....apparently.
Last time Starmer went out and met the public was when he was campaigning for the Labour leadership ... since then Sir Kier has been noticeably absent from any attempts to mingle with working people.

Vote me down but his face is distinctly absent from anything other than trying to look like president behind a podium ...

Wrong message if you want to win votes from working people.
I downvoted you and reported your off-topic comment. Removed
15/03/2021 16:08:57 3 3
Starmer doesn’t feel the need to pretend. Maybe he should, if it means gullibles like you would then be more likely to vote for him?
If I saw a bus driver looking like that, I wouldnt get on the bus. Removed
I would, but I would hide my pies. Removed

Wrong message if you want to win votes from working people.
I downvoted you and reported your off-topic comment. Removed
If I saw a bus driver looking like that, I wouldnt get on the bus. Removed
I would, but I would hide my pies. Removed
Off topic ... but you know that.

Have a great local election ... celebrations will be held in the local phone box ... ample room for everyone.
15/03/2021 15:47:51 0 8
Starmer rarely goes near working class photo opportunities ... have you noticed he prefers statesman like backdrops akin to a US president ?

Says it all really as to how Labour has lost touch ...
I have heard about the film snakes on a plane, but is this top picture a scene from "Clown's on a bus"? looks pretty scary to me. Removed
15/03/2021 16:18:48 0 10
When Starmer begins to mingle with the working class who are meant to be the ones who vote for him ... its not that complicated is it
I would, but I would hide my pies. Removed
Off topic ... but you know that.

Naughty people getting posts removed!! Removed
"Morning Driver, single to Potters Bar please"

Bus Driver Boris: "Sorry geezer but this bus doesn't go to Potters Bar, errm gawd blimey love-a-duck"

"But that's what it says on the bus - Potters Bar, and please stop talking in that faux cockney accent"

Bus Driver Boris: " Don't believe stuff written on buses - especially when I'm driving them, me old china. Next stop Cayman Islands."
Off topic ... but you know that.

Naughty people getting posts removed!! Removed
15/03/2021 16:25:05 9 3
The only reason Bojo should be putting on his yellow Hi-Viz jacket is to repair the damage he has done to the country.
15/03/2021 16:51:35 1 1
A lot of removed posts this afternoon...
15/03/2021 20:04:43 1 4
My local council put cycle lanes around the city and now traffic congestion and pollution are worse than before. Why don't politicians research before implementing traffic policy.
what WE need are electric buses instead of the clapped out smelly polution spewing cesspits that noone every wants to use as most drivers cant speak a word of english , are in frequent. In redditch; Racheal Macleon MP was almost guaranting the new electric buses (to which boris agreed in PM's questions) But we never got them and racheal clearly didnt push hard enough (as another town got them) Removed
16/03/2021 13:58:43 2 1
There should be a national bus service that covers the whole country.

For rural areas this is the lifeblood of folk that can no longer drive due to age or health.

Even if this is uneconomical in some areas; with creative thinking it can work as buses could have dual purposes in delivering medication, postal and other services with pick up points at designated areas.