Coronavirus infections levelling off in some of UK
12/03/2021 | news | health | 1,583
The UK's latest R number - 0.6 to 0.8 - suggests the outbreak is still shrinking overall.
The mash report, ha ha ha. Removed
I know....made my day.

Wokerati are in mourning.
At least we won't have to watch the hideous Geoff Norcott. Removed
The mash report, ha ha ha. Removed
I know....made my day.

Wokerati are in mourning.
The mash report, ha ha ha. Removed
At least we won't have to watch the hideous Geoff Norcott. Removed
Meanwhile the BBC has been infected by the Tory placeman Davie. Removed
Yep, Tory cancel culture in action. disgraceful. Removed
Are you watching micron ? Removed
Meanwhile the BBC has been infected by the Tory placeman Davie. Removed
Yep, Tory cancel culture in action. disgraceful. Removed
12/03/2021 15:07:22 19 24
I receive the vaccine next Friday but hands/face/space indefinitely sounds good to me to reduce risk further.
Ian
12/03/2021 15:02:34 28 26
????????????????????????

Come on UK! We can do this!

In the meantime ...

Hands ??? Face ??????? Space ??

????????????????????????
That's it then, lets get back to normal, open everything up and f the consequences.

Not really, just wanted to say it before Voice of Treason started spouting his rubbish
12/03/2021 15:17:07 1 2
Nice one. Humour is alive and well.
The Tories also start their cancel culture at the BBC, removing the MASH Report, the one show that satarises those in power. What a surprise. Removed
Mash was cancelled because it wasn’t funny and it’s ratings were bad Removed
Mash was cancelled because it wasn’t funny and it’s ratings were bad Removed
Love the bbc hys, make a comment against the narrative and it's instantly removed. Freedom and freedom of speech my grandfather's fought for, now non existent. Joke of a country, welcome to the new China. Removed
Ha, I once made a post that the BBC were against free speech and is was removed. There reason? “On occasion we don’t need a reason” Removed
Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves. -
D.H.Lawrence.
Don't equate the BBC with our country please. Removed
Spot on Removed
gc
12/03/2021 15:37:42 0 1
stop being the arise that your grandfather despised, he like my father enlisted because they had no choice , either through ignorance or poverty. please dont use your pathetic childish rants to give credibility to such childish out pourings!
12/03/2021 15:11:23 49 42
Its all get a bit Boring - Before Anyone Starts - We have lost 2 (Both late 80`s) - Both my Mum Sisters and because of the stupid Restriction she was unable to make the funerals - This Hurts People in lots of ways - Time to just open up
I`m guessing your mum never told you how stupid you were! Mum`s like to think the best of their kids! Wake up! Look at the world ! It isnt over! Ive lost as have others, stop being a flower and realize its not about you! Removed
12/03/2021 15:15:58 147 58
let us out please, please please.
D.H.Lawrence.
Don't equate the BBC with our country please. Removed
Spot on Removed
i won't type my real thoughts as i've been conditioned not too, I have to fall in line and not question my masters Removed
"I decided that I was no longer going to comply with some aspects of the law at a relatively late stage when it seemed to me to be reaching levels of absurdity" - Lord Sumption.

I respectfully share his Lordship's view.

Maintaining the current draconian restrictions on who we can meet is now an absurdity. It is fundamentally unBritish to comply with mindless tyranny.
12/03/2021 15:13:30 15 49
BBC are now just a Tory mouthpiece. If they want people to stay scared, that's what they will push for. Remember you're not allowed to make jokes about the government anymore or your show will get cancelled! Meanwhile infection rates are falling but don't you dare stage a socially-distanced outdoor protest or you'll be destroyed financially. Not hard to see where this is all heading.
You are having a laugh ! The BBC has never been more left wing, unless you are BAME, Woke, MGBGT+, disabled or a remainer the BBC does not believe that you exist ! Removed
12/03/2021 16:21:37 10 9
And there it is in a nutshell. The left forever screaming about right wing bias from the BBC and the right always screaming about left wing bias. The conclusion, obvious to sensible people who don't pay much attention to outdated notions of left and right anyway, is that the Beeb is probably getting the balance about right. Not perfect but about right.
The BBC has bizarrely censored my post. So I repeat:

“I decided that I was no longer going to comply with some aspects of the law at a relatively late stage when it seemed to me to be reaching levels of absurdity -” Lord Sumption.

Lord Sumption is absolutely right. We should be free to condemn unjust and tyrannical laws, whether the BBC likes it or not.
alf
12/03/2021 15:46:35 1 3
Condemn all you like, but please follow them to keep the rest of us (who no not condemn the efforts to save life) safe!
12/03/2021 15:32:23 21 13
Well done the SNP? Well done the scumbag Rangers supporters more like. Selfish Self centred people.
Reclaim These Streets Group should be ashamed they are using the tragic death of an innocent young woman to further their own policy lends.
Their High Court appeal is just another attempt to undermine lockdown restrictions.
There are a lot worse things going on in the world than COVID. COVID is nothing, it's not even worth mentioning when someone has been brutally murdered. Removed
The BBC has bizarrely censored my post (again). So I repeat:

The BBC has bizarrely censored my post. So I repeat:

The BBC has bizarrely censored my post (three times now). So I repeat:

They keep removing mine too. But they'll take my license fee without removing it. Removed
12/03/2021 16:11:09 0 1
Probably because there is a clause in the House rules that reads "Is illegal, or glamourises illegal activity"
12/03/2021 15:53:11 26 6
What is the point of a vaccine if we have to stay in and out of lockdown forever?
Maybe try reading up on both how the vaccines work and ways to combat a pandemic before commenting and looking like a total berk, eh? Removed
The BBC has bizarrely censored my post (three times now). So I repeat:

12/03/2021 15:42:02 273 189
No, inaccurate to say people who are fit will not barely notice it. And FACT at the end of your sentence will not make it true. In reality, MOST of those who are fit will barely notice but certainly not ALL. I can point to a gym friend of mine who is 38, runs in 10km races and is now training for the next marathon. Fit as a fiddle but she got Covid a week ago and has had the most dreadful 4 days.
Bore off silly hysterical sheep Removed
According to polls, nearly half of the BAME community have reservations about taking a C-19 vaccine.

Offensive stereotypes about intelligence
Or....
Sstereotypes for a reason?
gc
12/03/2021 16:28:05 0 1
Lucan I would normally give you some credibility, but what the sofit?
doesn't mean soft, man! are you on the sauce?
Who cares about infections? If the NHS can't cope with ill people, TOUGH! Maybe these "heroes" aren't all they are cracked up to be after all. Removed
12/03/2021 16:37:29 4 3
Oh I do hope you remember this when the day comes you are lying in a bed with tubes coming out of you, completely at the mercy of others
12/03/2021 16:40:22 2 1
Shut up and cough up for their pay rise....nobody cares if you've been furloughed, or had your hours cut, or been made redundant.....so long as the NHS get what they want, that's all that matters.
12/03/2021 16:40:56 1 2
How ignorant can you get. What a nasty individual you must be
12/03/2021 16:35:25 10 6
2018 was a bad winter for flu - 22,000 people died in January and February, yet no-one batted an eyelid. There are people on this thread who will now be calling for lockdowns every winter for flu and bans on driving when its raining or icy. We have to re-learn how to live with risk.
12/03/2021 16:48:12 1 3
Have some heart. That 1-2% is someone you have never met's nan and she only smoked 40 woodies a day.
12/03/2021 15:15:58 147 58
let us out please, please please.
Price of everything value of nothing Tories out in force.

Let's pretend 1/2 of the national debt isn't owned to the state and guess what inflation is less than 1%.

I'm sure Forest fan wants you to live in a cardboard box to pay for his education.

Vote Tory you racists and to hell with the country.
12/03/2021 17:27:53 2 9
The numbers will level off to zero when the Govt. accepts the futility of denying the Brexit disater.
12/03/2021 16:30:35 15 6
The Pfizer BioNTech (US-German) vaccine was first in the UK, followed by Oxford-AZ (British-Swedish), then Moderna (US), others will follow.

Why single out the second?
12/03/2021 17:40:36 6 11
So many of you still buying into the Covid sham....
Time to end this SAGE induced fear and paranoia, those advising the so call Government have a vested interest in keeping this "pandemic" going......MONEY...Lots of scientists bought and paid for by Pharma, Those not paid by Pharma, still want this to carry on as they have never had so much "funding" ie tax payers money thrown at them as they have now. The biggest CON in human history. Removed
12/03/2021 18:35:40 5 1
Think you need to take some medication...
12/03/2021 18:51:28 1 1
Over the top methinks but you have a point. The scientists are having a whale of a time running the country and being of a save-life-at-all-costs mindset will do there damnedest to keep the lockdown going and to hell with the consequences.

If people "want their country back" that's where they need to start.
12/03/2021 18:15:27 3 2
Why Does Boris Johnson hardly ever cover his nose with his mask?
because he's a fuxking idiot! Removed
Just like to say it’s a massive shame about the Sarah Everard vigil.

Short of more deaths from Covid it is the saddest thing I’ve heard for a very long time.

I hope I speak for most men in saying it’s our job to protect and keep people safe not have these things happen. Sorry if that’s old fashioned attitude, but it’s how I feel.

Please have the vigil in peace when deemed safe to do so.
12/03/2021 18:53:59 5 4
You really expect Clapham Common to be empty tomorrow night?

Crazy decision to disallow it
12/03/2021 18:55:03 3 1
Which, provided people socially distance, is now.
12/03/2021 19:01:56 3 2
Can’t believe people giving thumbs down to a simple expression of sadness to loss of lives. If my wish to protect vulnerable is deemed sexist, so be it, but it’s a sight less sexist than the animals that perpetrate these crimes.
Question for Baroness Jones.
Where is one supposed to go dogging in Brighton before 6pm?
12/03/2021 18:55:54 2 0
Class
12/03/2021 18:56:01 2 2
Good question, will be removed before too long. Funny how every news outlet has covered this except bbc, and certainly don’t expect a HYS
12/03/2021 18:55:16 3 5
Caps lock is on the left, by the shift key.
12/03/2021 19:03:55 8 13
Whole thing biggest over reaction ever we need some fun now
Idiot Removed
500 hundred flu deaths or pneumonia or whatever it was compared to a usual year of 20,0000. Reason given for the missing 19500 was because of lockdown and masks no outbreak this year. Well how the duck did they catch covid and die then ? Hmmmmmmmmmmm lying mother duckers Removed
12/03/2021 19:34:34 2 1
The Covid infection rate (R) is higher than influenza that's why more people caught Covid compared to flu. In any case there is nothing to say it would have been a bad flu season anyway
12/03/2021 19:28:47 1 8

meaningless statistics.

12/03/2021 19:36:18 0 1
So what, saving lives come first, even if you have to be locked down for 5 yeqrs
12/03/2021 19:33:13 18 5
So, a poker party in a Birmingham pub. I’m all in favour of liberty, not a fan of the big state and I don’t like the idea of a world where we grass each other up, but it’s mind blowing how stupid some people are.

No wonder the infections are up a bit. We have reached the moment when the truly dumb and selfish demand their right to assert their stupidity.

Thank you- I’ve Had My Say.
Upvoted by your pals who are also government shills. We are not buying the BS anymore. When the truth comes out you will be dealt with accordingly... Removed
12/03/2021 20:29:16 0 0
By 'accordingly' do you mean you are threatening those who do not share your views? Normally, I would expect the BBC to remove threatening posts such as yours, but, they don't seem to be interested....
It’s a right wing wet dream , police state, forced vaccination via threat of no jobs and no holidays, no socialising unless it’s church, dob in your neighbours, shut down other people’s activities, highlight of day is walking locally, socially distanced with a view to barking at people who get to close, Jonny foreigners being seen to, mash report removed from tv, nurses slapped with 1% pay rise Removed
12/03/2021 20:04:38 3 1
And why would they want to do that?
12/03/2021 19:01:56 3 2
The thumbs down responses only go to show that we as a society have evolved very little. Abducted from the roadside and murdered - by a cop! They're meant to be the good guys! I too am greatly saddened by what happened to Sarah Everard. Makes me want to apologise for being a bloke. Removed
The tragedy is that metropolitan police officer will be given security in prison Removed
12/03/2021 20:08:43 5 2
If I were to take a stroll to, say, a park in South London tomorrow evening and stand silently, masked, and socially distanced, minding my own business would I be breaking the law?

Just asking
No but you might get kidnapped and dismembered with your body dumped in some woods by a met officer Removed
Just get me in the same room with him please. Removed
12/03/2021 20:30:49 0 0
Is it a room if it's a shed?
12/03/2021 17:23:08 32 67
The lockdown zealots want to string this out as long as possible, despite this cold virus being endemic since last spring and now part of the winter landscape. Like all the other respiratory viruses (that have been co-opted into the Covid statistics to keep the panic going).
You are a dangerous idiot. Removed
No sooner had the court ruled that the planned Vigil for Sarah Everard should not go ahead that we see Police Commander Dick walking on Claham Common with colleagues among the public not Wearing a Mask. Removed
12/03/2021 22:16:36 5 6
Well done the Tory government- riding high in the poles - and deservedly so for doing an amazing job at vaccinating us all faster than any other civilised country. Prosperity lies ahead for us ! Unlike in Europe which is a disaster zone!