Covid vaccine being tested in patients with low immunity
03/03/2021 | news | health | 631
The race is on to find out if those with cancer and other conditions can be protected as the UK unlocks.
03/03/2021 10:18:14 0 1
Cute and clever!
I'm trailing something new here! I'm going to read the whole article, rather than commenting on the headline alone. Anyone else tried this? Removed
Weirdo! I'm sticking to reading the headline and up/downvoting comments based solely on my existing prejudices. Read the article indeed! What madness. ;) Removed
03/03/2021 11:04:49 8 1
I'm pretty sure some people on here don't even read the whole headline before commenting.
03/03/2021 11:35:06 5 1
Many read the headline and select mentally from around 3-4 preformed comments, often with at least 1criticising the BBC
03/03/2021 11:48:40 2 0
Wish more people would read the whole article rather than just the headline, although I am sure most have been guilty of this.
Headlines are designed to grab attention and normally in a negative manner.
03/03/2021 11:52:05 0 0
But if they read it they would have to comment on the subject rather than on whatever bee is in their bonnet (usually Brexit for or against).
Let's get everyone vaccinated and return to total normality. Anti-vaccers are the usual bonkers anti-everything weirdos from a class of whining, risk-averse spineless placard-brandishing bellyachers with a permanent sense of victimhood. Removed
03/03/2021 10:28:14 34 12
Absolutely! Your comment is the comment of the decade.
Yet accuse everyone of being a 'racist'! Removed
03/03/2021 10:52:03 3 2
The problem is with mutations, not quite as simple as you make it seem
03/03/2021 10:55:04 5 5
there will be no "total normality" some restrictions and tests are here to stay and had they already been in place we would be in a far better situation. Asia was better prepared as they have already been through SARS
03/03/2021 10:48:05 2 14
pro vacciners are bankers
03/03/2021 10:55:35 6 6
I prefer that people in society are trusted to make a choice.

Largely that is true, people decided to stay at home, to wear a mask, to not visit elderly relatives etc.

I think removing that choice from the majority because of a very small minority is merely asking for more trouble.

Uptake of the vaccine, now 21 million, is 90% and over, so finger pointing at a tiny group isn't helpful.
03/03/2021 10:56:27 16 6
Let's not forget that the reason why people with cancer etc need to go through these tests is because of anti-vaxxers. If the latter got themselves vaccinated, it would massively reduce the risk of those with low immunity coming in contact with an infected person. But as usual they will selfishly whine about "personal freedoms" rather than considering others for once.
03/03/2021 10:58:43 6 4
When we get on top of covid these people will move on to the next thing to protest about. Reminds me of the Socialist Workers Party in the town I was born in. Every Saturday they would be there. Only 2 or 3 of them waving their placards and always a negative message. Each week against something different.
03/03/2021 10:59:18 3 10
Will it be you coming at me with a needle? Or will you be delegating this tricky task to someone else? Talk is cheap sir.
03/03/2021 11:00:30 4 3
...Agreed. The sort of folk who would just find something else to protest about if it wasn't vaccines. Nature's Whingers.
03/03/2021 11:05:29 4 4
Nothing like a bit of generalisation to start the day Dave.
03/03/2021 11:18:03 1 1
Stop beating about the bush. Say what you mean.??????
03/03/2021 11:18:28 1 2
200,000 front NHS staff are refusing to have the vaccination. Are the "usual bonkers anti-everything weirdos from a class of whining, risk-averse spineless placard-brandishing bellyachers with a permanent sense of victimhood" or do they know something we are not being told?
03/03/2021 11:18:50 1 3
You don't have to be anti because you choose not to have it. It's a choice, which every individual on the planet has ,if called freedom.
03/03/2021 11:19:37 0 1
Oh yes. Dave Griffin. Get out there and spread the good word!
03/03/2021 11:34:25 0 1
The BLM protesters are very much in this camp. We condoned vandalism of public property because some people were upset, and because of very nasty events in the USA. The statement "black lives matter" is one of the most discriminatory statements I have ever heard used in the public domain - all lives matter, full stop. Morgan Freeman commented on this sort of thing, and he was bang on.
Yet accuse everyone of being a 'racist'! Removed
03/03/2021 10:53:42 0 2
What are you on about?
FF
03/03/2021 10:29:06 15 7
You keep parroting the same thing. This is NOT about you or the minority. This is about us as a society "not caring" who dies as long as it's nothing to do with me.

Over 100'000 families have lost someone and I would hope you can have some empathy as to what it feels to them.

But you might not care if people died in ambulances waiting to get into hospital.

This "I'm alright Jack" is immoral.
The two main treatments are NOT VACCINES as defined in the dictionary, they are treatments and as such require much better and more detailed research before use on humans. Adding an adjuvant, as some one suggested is nonsense if it is not a vaccine.
03/03/2021 11:22:37 6 2
you're living up to your name. They are vaccines: they promote an immune response and they reduce serious symptoms, infection and transmission
03/03/2021 11:32:33 1 1
Shall we play a game?

How many vaccines have you administered?

I have administered about 20,000.

Your turn, doc.
03/03/2021 10:40:21 3 9
Oh give over. We are all statistics in one way or another. You are scared. I get it. So are lots of people for different reasons. Your reason for being scared isn’t more important that anyone else’s!
Yes I am shivering in my boots.

If it make you feel better to call people scared then please do so.

IDGAF.
03/03/2021 11:12:48 0 1
I am glad I have your permission ??
Why is the mainstream not highlighting that over 400 people have now died in the UK as a result of the jabs? There have been 10s of 1000s of serious adverse reactions too. It’s all in the govt data for those who can be bothered to do research. Removed
03/03/2021 11:24:10 5 1
Because its fales news
03/03/2021 11:24:10 5 1
False News!
Number is correct, however :

"Review of individual reports and patterns of reporting does not suggest the vaccine played a role in the death."

People die for a variety of reasons, having the vaccine is not it seems one of them.

Back in your box, research done.
03/03/2021 11:24:53 0 1
I can't find it.......can you post a link.
03/03/2021 11:30:46 1 1
When you consider 20 million people have been vaccinated, the fact that a few hundred happen to have died within a few weeks (most of which would have been elderly) is hardly a surprise. That many people die without vaccines....
03/03/2021 11:31:00 0 1
Proof please.
03/03/2021 11:34:05 0 5
Shhhhh. You'll upset the sheep. They don't want to hear anything that argues against their precious vaccine.

They're in for a shock when they find out that lockdown will continue and that it won't work on the new strains that will inevitably show up in the autumn
03/03/2021 11:13:11 3 15
WOW, lots of commentators here argued that if these people are "volunteers", then they can risk themselves to die as they wish

WOW, what a lowest ever moral standard of the UK public view nowadays, it is alike moving back to the barbarian roman time when a "volunteer" fighter fought a beast and the rest hailed hohohohohohoho, if a volunteer told someone you could knife me down is it fine???
Shouldn't you be out helping to ethnically cleanse Uighurs, Kazakhs and other minorities ?
I recall once I read a report when I was at the Univ that last century UK used Africans to test new drugs....

Of course, now UK can't do that anymore as Africans waked up and refused to do so

In any case, without being properly tested on lab rats first to ensure safety first before going on humans will be insane as only Germany in 1940s and Japan in 1930s-40s did that
03/03/2021 11:43:20 1 2
I still cannot understand a word of what you are trying to say.
03/03/2021 11:45:52 1 2
Now I know you're a troll but don't keep spouting rubbish, it gets boring.
Did they not correct your English at University?
03/03/2021 11:50:24 1 1
OK troll, your to stupid for this comment section
03/03/2021 11:51:19 1 1
Read about Jenner and the first vaccine, I think you'll find medical ethics are advancing all the time. Lab rats are very, very useful, but in the end you need healthy (or less healthy) human volunteers. Ultimately its only real world numbers that tell the truth about any vaccine.
03/03/2021 11:54:41 1 3
If you support intervention to live longer, so be it, testing should not be done on any animals. This is the 21st century, we should not be conducting cruel experiments on animals; experimenting with virus on animals is what got us to the place of animal to human transfer of viral disease. We are too stupid & arrogant as humans to recognise that we are no superior to the rats killed on our behalf
03/03/2021 11:55:06 1 1
Still spouting your inane claptrap!
03/03/2021 11:58:58 1 1
Do you have the name of the report? Thought not.
There is probably a huge stack of testing kits which need to be used before expiry date, so come one, come all, children, lets stuff swabs down your throat, up your nose, be thankful u not required to bend over too. What a tragedy, intervention in my personal life is not welcome by idiots who cannot even wipe their own noses without help from nanny; reason for all this testing is to make money Removed
03/03/2021 11:52:27 3 0
U ok hun?
QED
03/03/2021 11:23:54 4 4
So that’s why the normal flu morbidly is around 10,000 to 20,000 a year, and we have covid of over 100,000 this year... somethings not adding up here.
any one with a different opinion, regardless of being a fee paying client, will have your post removed by the gestapo agents employed by both government & bbc, when we try to shed some light on the matter; covid numbers are down & bojo not prepared to let us of the leash, why do they need to exercise power over us, to protect us, no, but to use us to make money, yes, the money follows patients Removed
03/03/2021 12:10:47 4 0
I think lockdown is getting to you. Try and get out a bit,it might do you some good.
03/03/2021 12:17:56 1 0
Simple, the last time they treated us like adults and relaxed restriction the public went out and spread the virus through so many wilfully ignoring the basics of hands face space when out and about let alone meeting indoors. so I for one am pleased they are trying to minimise that by only relaxing the restrictions when even with poor public behaviour we are very unlikely to create another wave.
03/03/2021 12:35:46 0 2
great to see my posts voted down, as I am not in a popularity contest; leave that to the clown who thinks he is governing; he is just another puppet, he cannot move or make a move without saluting & bowing down to those he is subservient to; as for testing, most of the british need their heads testing if they think their government is there to improve living conditions for them; we do not matter
03/03/2021 12:12:00 9 4
So how to get the vaccine hesitant into the system?

It won't kill us all and if you're

over 60 or
obese or
with diabetes or
with any serious chronic condition that it life limiting

Get vaccinated otherwise you are playing russian roulette

But people find conspiracy theories comforting - it's why gnosticism was so attractive - insider knowledge makes us special

A few celebs ain't doing it
Isn't getting vaccinated also playing Russian roulette? With the available government data reporting deaths and yellow card reactions, are you not taking a chance? Removed
Plenty of CovidNazis & Covid Cultists on here with the usual "Tinfoil,conspiracy..bla bla bla" & "Punish the unvaxxed" comments.

The Ministry of Covid1984 says,

ALL CITIZENS ARE EQUAL. BUT IMMUNISED CITIZENS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
SCEPTICISM IS SEDITION
MODELLING IS REALITY
SHAMING IS LOVING
TESTS ARE TRUTH
WE’RE DESTROYING YOUR LIFE TO SAVE IT

Welcome to the Party.
03/03/2021 13:46:51 2 0
I always think to myself Insult those with a different viewpoint , that wins any argument
03/03/2021 13:55:51 0 0
Missed one:
Getting Paranoid about being paranoid
BBC censorship remove my post about the Covid cultists and Covid fanatics and how they call everyone whom is not a member of the cult "tinfoil Hatters" etc

Covid cult slogans,

ALL CITIZENS ARE EQUAL. BUT IMMUNISED CITIZENS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
WE’RE DESTROYING YOUR LIFE TO SAVE IT
SCEPTICISM IS SEDITION
MODELLING IS REALITY
SHAMING IS LOVING
TESTS ARE TRUTH

Join now
03/03/2021 14:15:29 2 0
Thats probably because you are a Cultist.

Mind you I'm dyslexic
03/03/2021 15:06:16 2 0
Assuming you're prepared to take the risk you will be here in 8 years time.
I've travelled across europe in my work as a data scientist during this scamdemic (I am actually qualified to make that judgement).

I haven't worn masks, I have socialised, mixed with strangers and apparently, had sars cov 2 some tike ago if you believe the nonsense tests.

No symptoms, but real medical people are sure I wont now get ill.

Good luck with your experimental drugs
03/03/2021 15:44:02 2 0
You are either lucky or stupid.
03/03/2021 16:13:35 5 0
Actually no way are you a data scientist.

No one apart from someone allied to the likes of Q Anon is dumb enough to use the words 'Scandemic' in a sentence, never mind a scientist.

Do you mean Scientologist?
03/03/2021 15:16:50 1 3
Yes the BBC censors are not medically qualified to decide.
The BBC censors are idiots, one day they will remove a post. The next day the same post can stay. Removed