Newcastle snatch late draw with Villa
12/03/2021 | sport | football | 600
Jamaal Lascelles scores in stoppage time to rescue a point for relegation-threatened Newcastle following a dramatic finale against Aston Villa at St James' Park.
The negative BRUCE must go. Complete idiot Removed
12/03/2021 22:06:17 168 76
“Newcastle snatch a point”

In the match I saw Villa took the lead with an OG that was one hell of a deflection and the Newcastle goal was a cracker.

“Villa’s jammy OG got them a point” would be the honest assessment.

Not a supporter and no axe to grind with either club but let’s tell it like it was BBC.
"Not a supporter" no you're clearly an idiot. Removed
12/03/2021 22:06:17 168 76
“Newcastle snatch a point”

“Villa’s jammy OG got them a point” would be the honest assessment.

Knowing how BBC works, your comment (and obviously my response) will probably be removed soon Removed
What a vile anti football team Bruce has assembled, they deserve to go down, cheerio. Removed
KR
12/03/2021 22:22:40 0 1
Newcastle are clearly a better than what you give them credit for. Give Stevo Bruce a chance pal.
Steve Bruce. Cabbage heed we got rid of him 11 year ago.. enjoy Removed
12/03/2021 22:31:24 0 1
You may be right he should still be there Blunderland and him are made for each other
Thirty thoosand on waiting list and got to give 10,000 tickets away every week Removed
dan
12/03/2021 22:34:40 3 2
Yawn.
12/03/2021 22:36:56 1 1
Mr. Horselover still going on about those 10000 free tickets?
If you didn’t see my earlier reply .All the best for Tranmere on a Sunday I hope they life the cup.
12/03/2021 22:06:17 168 76
“Newcastle snatch a point”

“Villa’s jammy OG got them a point” would be the honest assessment.

Is English your second language? Snatching a point is perfect description of a 94th minute equaliser. Removed
12/03/2021 22:50:44 21 26
What difference would it make if someone's second language is English?The original poster made a valid point. If you're going to have a go at someone about their use of English, make sure you've got yours spot on. Xenophobia is best consigned to the past.
12/03/2021 22:53:58 37 24

I am Danish.

Is English your second language?

"Snatching" a point implies Newcastle were fortunate in some way, when in reality they were unlucky to be a goal down due to the cruellest of deflections.

I'm guessing English is probably your first language and you simply did not watch the match and have no context or accurate frame of reference in this instance.
13/03/2021 07:40:30 3 3
a perfect description** glass houses.
"Snatching a point is perfect description of a 94th minute equaliser."

_____

Of course it is... but when you're a non-league super fan with a chip on your shoulder: you need an outlet to vent.
12/03/2021 23:03:44 15 8
I am no acolyte of Steve Bruce, but I hope Newcastle stay up.
In my experience, Geordies generally are friendly, sincere people, with a good sense of humour.
Not dissimilar to scousers, but without the bitterness and victimhood.
P.S. I am a scouser.
Your not a scouser but you most definitely are a di*%head and a bore Removed
12/03/2021 22:53:58 37 24

I am Danish.

Is English your second language?

What a load of Danish drivel. No wonder you only lasted 6 hours in WW2! Removed
I hate the BBC on a BBC site oh the irony, Internet trolling at its most basic Removed
12/03/2021 22:08:47 44 10
we only looked threatening when we got the subs on
why did Bruce take so long to change it
You complete tit Removed
What a load of Danish drivel. No wonder you only lasted 6 hours in WW2! Removed
13/03/2021 06:48:12 7 1
"This was only the third instance in Premier League history of a team scoring first as late as the 86th minute in an away game and not going on to win."

Had to think about that one for a few secs. I wonder how many from a 1-1 scoreline & at home? Don't you just love these stats? I'd love to know what the previous 2 games were & what day of the week they were played on.
13/03/2021 07:59:10 5 6
I think that snatching a point is valid in this circumstance because they were losing until the last minute of stoppage time. I don't think that the term snatch is related to the performance. I recommend listening to the football clichés podcast if you are interested in things like this. It's a lot better than it sounds.
Not remotely interested but thanks anyway. I just commented on what I saw followed by the biased write up it got when then the BBC first opened up the hys. My comment has attracted a lot of crying Villa Armchairs, presumably because all those games in hand have been squandered, and a few of the Newcastle haters that can't sleep unless they lose.

Hilarious, sad and weak in equal measure.
Well played Newcasstle for snatching a point.

What I find "Hilarious, sad and weak in equal measure." are your three votes. but we both know why.
"Snatching a point is perfect description of a 94th minute equaliser."

_____

13/03/2021 09:20:57 5 3
The game is over Airmchair, move along.

Villa getting 3 points wouldn't have helped the Fenway Flashpan's would it?

Anyway, don't be soooo bitter that it's all over, be grateful it happened,
13/03/2021 07:31:12 5 7
Villa who played better in the first half, were leading and also had more shots, inc on target, and more of the ball despite being the away side, lost out to a goal in the dying seconds.

That’s a snatched point.

Maybe you didn’t see the game? Maybe you thought Villa's chances weren’t great? However your pedantry is unrequired here.
I saw the game Nick.

If you read the comment you have responded to, it has been made very clear.

There was absolutely no pedantry on my part, but it is a lovely old word that is seldom used nowadays.

I sincerely hope you are able to incorporate "pedantry" into a sentence that would both warrant and do justice to it at some stage, instead of awkwardly shoehorning it into your attempt here.

Hilarious, sad and weak in equal measure.
Well played Newcasstle for snatching a point.

13/03/2021 08:25:55 7 7
“Villa’s jammy OG got them a point” would suggest that Villa scored the equaliser, which is patently untrue....."

I agree it IS patently untrue as it does not suggest Villa scored the equaliser in real context.

A lot of bitter and blinkered Villa supporters on this one.

"A lot of bitter and blinkered Villa supporters on this one.

Escaped life back in the Championship this season because, and only because, of the results of other teams going their way."

____
Stick to being a Sunday League ale house super fan.
Being a non-league aficionado has some clouded your judgement.
13/03/2021 09:28:18 11 5
Why as a license payer do i pay for reports on womens football? im not interested the the bbc persist on ramming it down our throats. WHY
13/03/2021 07:59:10 5 6
"I think that snatching a point is valid in this circumstance because they were losing until the last minute of stoppage time."

_____

Totally agree with you mate
You have succintly said what 'Jones' the original poster failed to fathom!
13/03/2021 11:11:47 3 3
.....That's better :-)
Punch them all, punch them all
Shergar, Red Rum and all
We'll never be mastered
By the long necked equine b......s
The Toon's the best of them all
13/03/2021 12:02:00 4 1
wow how sad
you roll out of bed and come up with this tripe
been awake all night thinking about it have you ??
13/03/2021 10:22:38 5 5
"no axe to grind with either club"

Well that didn't seem to hold true reading the remainder of your comments.
No axe to grind with either club bu,t as always, some of their Armchair Massive are always crying about something or other. Removed
13/03/2021 11:22:40 4 5
I watched the match. In the 3 decades I've been watching and reading about football, the euphemism "snatch a point" is used to describe a late equaliser. I must have read or heard the term hundreds of times, always relating to the timing of an equaliser and never relating to the performance of a team. You're reaction to it is verging on paranoia.
Welcome to 'Jones Town' Removed
13/03/2021 11:44:10 5 4
ABM
08:36
Steve Bruce - please become the next Man U(re) manager.

_____

Bruce has spent his entire managerial career bending over for Manure gifting them points in the FORLORN HOPE that one day he'll be given the reins!?!

Or as it's better known - "The Wheel" ????
Weepy little plastic Removed
13/03/2021 16:03:29 4 0
Any of you Villa fans brutally attacked and hurt police dogs....
13/03/2021 08:17:23 7 6
When you equalise in the 94th minute, I think 'snatched a point' is a fair headline. Had Newcastle not equalised then a fair headline could be 'Newcastle unlucky to lose to an OG'. Fine margins between hero and villain!!
_____

I agree mate...
How the original poster 'Jones' could possibly miss this is beyond me!
Perhaps he is new to football?
Man allegedly STABBED in Sunderland.......say no more. Removed
Ashley’s son.......didn’t like that one LOL Removed
Man allegedly STABBED in Sunderland.......say no more. Removed
13/03/2021 22:14:13 3 0
You dont need to tell us that dimwit we all know you have......
Man allegedly STABBED in Sunderland.......say no more. Removed
Ashley’s son.......didn’t like that one LOL Removed
13/03/2021 22:18:20 1 0
Have you ever seen a mackem with his dad......
13/03/2021 22:23:34 3 0
What you on here for anyway, shouldn't you be takin to your mates about the ham and pineapple Pepperoni Final.....that explains it, you have no mates do you, you never have done, just a sad lonely person.