Improved Ireland cruise past poor Italy
27/02/2021 | sport | rugbyunion | 536
Ireland run in six tries to claim a much-needed first win of this year's Six Nations in a one-sided contest against a poor Italy
Irish games always spoilt by the flying of the sectarian (anti unionist) tricolour and the playing of the Republican Soldiers song. Thankfully no Fields of Anthenry due to lack of fans which is anti British. Why is this on the BBC site anyway? Removed
27/02/2021 17:26:46 5 3
No one really care about your insular pettiness.
27/02/2021 17:28:07 3 2
Boring hatred. Give it a rest.
This is sport moron keep your bigotry to yourself Troll. Removed
27/02/2021 17:30:07 3 2
small minded bigot
27/02/2021 17:37:35 3 1
The "Tri-colour" happens to be Ireland's national flag!
Dad
27/02/2021 18:11:14 0 1
You think the orange part of the tricolour is meant to be anti-unionist?
This is sport moron keep your bigotry to yourself Troll. Removed
Ireland - not even a country , shouldn’t be allowed in the 6 nations. Removed
27/02/2021 17:34:25 8 2
What on earth are you talking about? ??
27/02/2021 17:36:29 6 2
You are aware that England, Scotland and Wales are not countries aren’t you?

The irony of a post illustrating nothing but uneducated ignorance of someone’s own identity ??
27/02/2021 17:36:51 6 1
Sick. Twisted. Sad. Go away.
Someone has been bouncing you on your head Muppet Removed
27/02/2021 17:57:10 0 1
If you want to quibble, Rugby Ireland is 1 1/4 countries. England is 1/4 country.
Ireland - not even a country , shouldn’t be allowed in the 6 nations. Removed
27/02/2021 17:34:25 8 2
What on earth are you talking about? ??
There is no such country. This team comes from Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. No 32 country exists. Sorted ?? Removed
27/02/2021 17:40:53 4 1
Ignoramus. Go away
27/02/2021 17:48:39 3 1
So, basically, the IRFU predates the split of the Republic and the North, and was created when Ireland was a single country. ... Instead of dissolving the IRFU and creating two new rugby unions, they just kept it the way it was. Sorted ??
The EU aren't checking goods crossing the Irish 'border' ?? Removed
Ireland - not even a country , shouldn’t be allowed in the 6 nations. Removed
Someone has been bouncing you on your head Muppet Removed
The EU aren't checking goods crossing the Irish 'border' ?? Removed
Sonja McLaughlan presents the sports news on BBC News and BBC World News throughout the week....
SHOULD BE SACKED FOR THIS DISGRACEFUL INTERVIEWS AFTER THE MATCH.
NO RESPECT!
ABSOLUTE BIT$#
28/02/2021 07:15:43 5 2
She asked exactly right questions. Those decisions were all the lads in the studio talked about. If she hadn’t asked, she would not have been doing her job.

Disgusting final comment from you though.
You
27/02/2021 18:23:48 6 9
In contrast, England, a country that has more registered rugby players than anywhere else on the planet shouldn't be serial losers in the world cup.
ENGLAND ARE THE BEST...
You all play to beat England.
England play to beat the WORLD.
Go figure ha ha ha muppet
27/02/2021 18:46:46 6 5
England are useless too. Should be replaced with Romania.
Says Mick that lives in ohhh... ENGLAND!!!
Lives off English benefits...
27/02/2021 19:06:27 4 3
England lost to Wales again. Kickem out.
Then where will you live Tom... Leech! Removed
27/02/2021 20:17:28 4 2
"England, a country that has more registered rugby players than anywhere else on the planet"
Not true, only 2nd-highest—South Africa has way more. 2018 World Rugby figs:
SA 635K
Eng 355K
Aus 272K
Fra 258K
All others under 200K
The SA all live in England anyway because there country is a disaster now.. not televised btw.. Removed
27/02/2021 17:44:31 36 8
The refs in both games should never be allowed another six nations game imo.
Absolutely farcical... brown envelopes pay off like Ferrari... Removed
27/02/2021 22:33:12 3 1
You started it!
Bod is a serial troll and fantasist. It’s a sad mindset. I hope he gets help. Removed
Get the Germans in on this, Wunderbar and Vorsprung durch technik. Removed
I'm sorry for Italy, they've had spirited & at times excellent individual players - but never quite enough to sustain their growth into a 'premiership' Rugby nation; that's a pity for them & for travelling fans who love visiting Rome

I see the BBC has taken down the HYSs from yesterday's Rugby
1. I condemn wholeheartedly the abuse Sonja received
2. But her interviewing was poor, needs to improve
As I said, ill judged and crass, leave it at that. Abuse of reporters and referee team must stop. However a word in the ears of the "pundits".....

They should stop criticising referees as well.
28/02/2021 14:06:49 1 2
Agreed. Has England somehow scraped a win, it would be up until next Saturday
I don't know who put the lady up to asking those questions, if it was the Director or anyone else, but they were crass and ill judged. BBC, learn from that. Add to that, the "judgment" of the pundits must be questioned. First Law of Rugby, play TO the Referee and the Referee is sole abritator of FACT. All we have had are Englishmen WHINING. Removed

I see the BBC has taken down the HYSs from yesterday's Rugby
1. I condemn wholeheartedly the abuse Sonja received
2. But her interviewing was poor, needs to improve

They should stop criticising referees as well.
28/02/2021 14:04:15 18 4
I see the BBC has decided we’ve commented on Wales’ thrashing of England enough now. I wonder why.

Still, congratulations to Ireland. A good win, but a bit of a dead rubber now. Italy have enough wooden spoons now to open a baking supplies shop.
Wonder no more.

Let me give you a clue:

"...inundated with abuse for doing your job. In my car crying. Hope you're happy."

Having also seen Karen Carney and Ebony Rainford Brent come in for similar, I cannot but help noticing there may be a common factor.
Wonder no more.

Let me give you a clue:

The BBC censorship of the Wal/Eng HYS because one of their own received criticism is wrong, and hypocritical.
I don't use Twitter, etc, so I don't know what abuse was sent the interviewers way, but the fact is her interviews were poor and designed to trick players/managers into making inappropriate comments.
Also, the BBC have no qualms about crucifying referees / players - what's the difference?
I agree with you, censorship of my previous reply causes me to shorten this response. Removed
Wonder no more.

Let me give you a clue:

Wonder no more.

Let me give you a clue:

Much improved Ireland but still work to do. Sexton had a better game as did Larmour, Ringrose and Lowe. Earls still Mr reliable off the bench. Good coverage by ITV and professional interviews post match unlike the BBC with Sonja McLoughlan baiting the England and Wales captains and coaches. That said she did not deserve the abuse she has received on social media. Removed
So you slag Sonja off and then criticise other who slagged Sonja off? Double standards Removed
Agreed, nobody deserves to be targeted by the Twitter hate mobs. But BBC sporting coverage just gets worse and worse and she is an awful sensationalist “gotcha” journalist. I’d rather Channel 4 had the 6N Removed
Actually, careful folks, the BBC clean-up crew are here wiping out any reference to their reprehensible actions Removed
28/02/2021 14:34:27 4 1
Yep ITV, Channel 5 and Amazon now way superior rugby coverage. I used to highly rate BBC, not any more.
28/02/2021 14:38:18 7 1
I made the same point re the BBC interviewer and got censored for it - be ready for your comment to be removed for daring to state facts
28/02/2021 14:49:14 2 1
I agree.
28/02/2021 14:04:15 18 4

28/02/2021 14:04:15 18 4

BBC brownshirts are busy today. The proles will not be allowed to discuss anything but the official Corporation approved narrative.
Defend your free speech against the BBC Krystalnacht
Apologies to all but all England HYS have been shut down....why, because one of their reporters was criticised for provocative tabloid reporting. Time the BBC grew a pair! Removed
I've seen male commentators take a lot of stick over baiting interviews before so why should it be any different when a woman is to do the same and receive the same treatment? Fans of both sides and neutrals thought she was out of line. True equality will only exist when everyone is treated the same and not given passes due to what gender they are. Bad reporting is bad reporting. Simple. Removed
I understand your point, but in this case the social media aftermath of that match has been have been loaded with rampant misogyny, racism and xenophobia to the extent that all associated HYS threads have been taken offline. None of this crap belongs in the world of rugby, but it's not the first time it's happened. Sad business all round. Removed
28/02/2021 14:04:15 18 4

Its simple, we can't comment on a particular reporter who is very negative. The BBC shouldn't rush to the defence of the indefensible. To suggest she or the way she behaves in her negative and trivial interviews is anything to do with rugby is massively misleading! Removed
OMG...In my car crying.....! Well perhaps if the questions had been repectful and intelligent to EJ, OF and AWJ then I would understand but she was way out of line to those three and if that is the standard the BBC want to uphold then it's fair to go around in society winding eachother up is it? Removed
So, having read about how upset she is over the abuse, you thought too would add to the situation by abusing her for her reaction? Enough. It’s pathetic keyboard warriors like you that will ultimately kill boards like this. Removed
BBC doesn't like criticism to one of their own.

Perhaps you lot should consider removing all HYS fromthe site and banning freedom of speech on here
I agree that the baiting interview technic was wrong and deserved the stick it received (well done to the players and coaches for not reacting to it by the way), but personal abuse is not acceptable at any time. Shame on those who resorted to this action. Removed
28/02/2021 16:03:15 3 8
You say that the interview “deserved the stick it received” and then condemn the abuse? Presumably this made some sort of sense to you when you were typing it.

No, there is no room for personal abuse. Just leave it at that.
But the corporation’s preferred narrative is that England are the best in the world. The baiting was required in order to “prove” that England only lost due to reffing controversy / Welsh malfeasance / Covid / the weather.
When this didn’t work, then inconvenient truths could be silenced by removing ALL HYSes under cover of the hate mob Twitterstorm
28/02/2021 16:00:45 2 4
Enough
BBC doesn't like criticism to one of their own.

I haven't got any other platform to express my utter amazement on the standard of refereeing. With all the technical available, these referees should be barred from this level. The will district the game, the authorities need to be accountable and sort it out and explain. Disgraceful Removed
28/02/2021 17:09:22 8 3
Careful, refs, BBC pundits, BBC "reporters", TMOs etc all off limits.

I'd love a retired ref - say N Owens to take an objective look at yesterdays game. Trouble is he nor any other ref retired or not would ever criticize a fellow ref even if as yesterday they were appalling. Likewise pundits etc.
All a bit cosy to be honest.
Whenever England loses, the referees always seem to be poor and disgraceful. On occasions when England win, it's the rest of our fault for playing poorly and losing and blaming the ref is a coward's way to explain the deficiencies. Removed
-_-
28/02/2021 17:47:23 3 0
Wrong. When England lost to Scotland the referee had a good game.

Yesterday, Wales deserved to win but unfortunately for Wales the referee' s incompetent performance overshadowed that.
I see this games HYS has remained open while the HYS on the England Wales game has not only been closed but totally erased by the BBC thought police. The BBC is truly intent on losing any lingering support for its licence fee with this cowardly nonsense - terrified people might criticise a totally incompetent European referee. Pathetic. Removed
28/02/2021 17:28:22 1 1
Totally agree.
-_-
28/02/2021 17:36:07 5 1
It's not the criticism of the referee they are trying to shut down
Did not like England loosing but my beloved Bristol Bears & Bristol City both won far more important. Removed
Bristol Slave Traders Removed
28/02/2021 19:00:17 0 0
They could certainly be the next cheque book champs!
Why is this HYS allowed to linger, but the two on the Wales Vs England match have been taken off?

We pay your wages.
28/02/2021 17:40:17 0 4
Nice attitude.
As far as the abuse Sonia has received. I'm not totally enamoured with her post-match interview style, but the abuse she's received from keyboard warriors is a disgrace. My advice is not to use Twitter. As Ricky Gervais says, Twitter us the equivalent of reading the graffiti on public toilet walls. Removed
Well I thought her interview style was a disgrace. Let her own up to being a pushy interviewer trying to get reaction from people who clearly did NOT want to speak about it. She says she was just "doing my job". No, a post sports interview is not an investigative journalist push push push. I do not approve of online abuse, but I do not approve of a tabloid style sports interview either. Removed
I would like to find out if the questions were her idea or some production bod's idea. If it was someone in the caravan........kick their backside.
All should learn from this.
28/02/2021 20:27:19 1 0
Every comment criticising SM has been removed for being "off topic". Interesting that this non critical post has NOT been removed when it is also clearly off topic!
Ireland played quite consistently throughout the game, but are not showing the skill set that wins championships, not at the moment. Italy without Parisse seem.ever going backwards, bless 'em.
28/02/2021 17:41:59 3 4
First the football referees, then the rugby ones- endless trial by tv pundits- let them referee games for a season and see how they get on
There was no officials in the Englan /wales game...
Appalling!!!
GR
28/02/2021 18:17:02 2 3
Yes there were, I saw the ref and what a fine job he did and post match proved to be.

I think your name may be an inspired choice or are you having a laugh
Must not criticise the officials
Must not criticise the officials
Must not criticise the officials.

Oh and apparently Sam Warburton is a lick ass for criticising the official.

That's what I learnt on here today.
28/02/2021 17:52:27 1 7
Wrong. You can only play what's in front of you. To err is human. The referee, like most referees, calls it as he sees it, and you just move on. England and their supporters have moaned and whined that the poor refereeing was a deciding factor. It is patently false. Refereeing decisions affect all games. Unfortunately, England was second-best yesterday and got spanked. Move on and stop crying.
Genge is likely to be cited and banned for the game in Dublin following his cowardly assault slamming the Welsh player's head into the ground.
Shame as he's guaranteed to gift us penalties
Referred
Hw should be cited for his Permed mullet. Removed
28/02/2021 18:51:23 2 2
Here we go again! Tel us at what point he does this on the video.
Bristol Slave Traders Removed
Shame as he's guaranteed to gift us penalties
Referred
Hw should be cited for his Permed mullet. Removed
27/02/2021 16:41:52 61 7
Sam Warburton's assessment of this Italy team a fortnight ago was 100% spot on, nobody expects them after 21 years of taking on Europe's best International sides to be challenging for the title, but by now they should atleast be able to put out a team that can provide a reasonable challenge. After 30 defeats on the bounce, their contribution to this competition is now becoming an annual farce.
GR
28/02/2021 18:17:02 2 3

I think your name may be an inspired choice or are you having a laugh
Totally agree. Removed
Totally agree. Removed
All should learn from this.
Why have all the Wal-Eng comment pages been removed? Removed
28/02/2021 19:34:03 1 1
There were many going over the score, some totally offensive.
100%
Been abrasive and confrontational for years, but can't take criticism coming back on her.
The beeb has finally lost the plot.
In companies that have to work hard for customers, feedback is a must. With the BBC feedback gets censored if some employees don’t like it.
You are behaving like Trump BBC!
100%
28/02/2021 20:23:44 6 1
Nice to see Ireland back to a bit of form. Just a side point, why has the HYS for then Wales v england game disappeared. Disgusting from the BBC if they have taken them off.
28/02/2021 20:53:58 1 1
Lost that bet then!
28/02/2021 20:23:44 6 1
I spent time writing a coherent, well-articulated comment and it was removed. With no reason stipulated. If I'd violated the forums rules I'd have been banned from commenting again. So why was it removed? Removed
Dear BBC,
You have deleted my post saying the performance of Sonia McLaughlin was poor, and the - legitimate - criticism of her was justified.
You e-mailed me saying it failed your test of "attacking, abusing or offending others".
I was not abusive or offensive.
Are we now to conclude that your staff are beyond polite criticism?
If so, that is a dangerous road to travel.
DS
Dear BBC,
I was not abusive or offensive.
Are we now to conclude that your staff are beyond polite criticism?
If so, that is a dangerous road to travel.
DS
Dear BBC,
You are pathetic.
When did you turn into Pravda ?
You make Donald Trump look broad minded.
I do hope the person clicking the delete button feels suitably embarrassed at how they make a living.
DS
28/02/2021 20:56:31 1 1
Hi. Ireland Italy? Any interest? Any comments? Or just want to post anti- bbc garbage and complain when it gets deleted?

Good win for leinster B tonight against a strong Glasgow team that had of their internationals back.
First Wales try:
I just checked. Ref gave OF over 20 seconds to have a word. Enough time to run the length of the pitch and back again. Ref correctly stopped the clock so that the 20 seconds did not take from the game.

England incorrectly took this as a refreshment break when the penalty was still live.

Ref was right.

Then every English pundit (and Sonja) tried to control the narrative.
First Wales try:

Ref was right.

Then every English pundit tried to control the narrative.
28/02/2021 21:21:19 2 0
Had ref had told OF “ I’m giving you 20 seconds to have a word “ I’d agree, however ref didn’t put a time limit on it.
Therefore if he thought OF was too slow he has a duty (if he wants to maintain an appearance of FairPlay) to either inform OF he s going to call “ time on” in say 10 seconds or ask OF if he s fulfilled refs instructions.
As Sam W said any side would be upset if treated that way
I have completely lost all respect for Matt Dawson who wrote today on the BBC website:

'England were stitched up by the officials'

A very sore LOOSER.

And the BBC should represent both Wales and England equally.

This weekend they did not. It was all English lies and then they tried to control the narrative. Even some Welsh were drawn in. Shame on you BBC team.

The ref was right.
28/02/2021 21:15:29 1 0
Wrong match. This is Ireland Italy.
28/02/2021 21:05:31 2 2
Well done Ireland, but Italy are not a real test at all.
Mr Farrell needs to leave now and let a real coach work there

Loving seeing the whining from the English. Outplayed, out-thought, out muscled and can’t take it when ref decisions go against them
May’s illegal hurdling a tackler for a try moment conveniently overlooked

Waken up eng, you’re not gonna win again this SN, and it’s awesome..!
I reckon we'll be up to beat you lot. Perhaps that will put a stop to your xenophobic ranting and whining, but then again a bigot like you probably won't!

I know it was Italy but thought Ireland looked a lot more creative than of recent and certainly the cohesiveness better.
Loads of bbc censorship going on. Where are the hys's on the Wales match? Removed
The BBC rugby team have made complete idiots of themselves this week.
They have ruined the game.

They have tried their best to discredit both refs this weekend and when I see the wise ones here calling this out their posts are removed.

The BBC and Rugby are going to need much fixing after this weekend.
28/02/2021 21:27:27 5 0
I thought rugby was above the cr*p of other sports.

I'm starting to think I was wrong.

It's depressing.
28/02/2021 21:46:41 1 1
I agree. Auntie have tried to make themselves a victim, but the crass approach regarding the referee in the other match was English Exceptionalist at best, but doing it again after the response was simply camouflaging their approach in the first game.
28/02/2021 21:27:27 5 0
I thought rugby was above the cr*p of other sports.

I'm starting to think I was wrong.

It's depressing.
It should be above other sports but the BBC have brought it down many degrees this weekend, so much so, there are suggestions of racial bias.

I feel a few BBC employees will be on the Racial awareness courses in the next few week and the others will be doing the "unconscious racial bias test"
I'd like to see the reaction from females in my office if one of them talked harsh to me and I went away for a little cry. Removed
Drivel Removed
Hands down, the biggest bullies I've encountered in 20 years in an office working environment have been women Removed
The women in the office bully you? I’m very sorry to hear that, but it has nothing to do with this topic. Ireland vs Italy! Or leinster vs Italy. Removed
Drivel Removed
I'm not allowed to reply? ?? Removed
Drivel Removed
Drivel Removed
I'm not allowed to reply? ?? Removed
Referred
C bomb? Life ban please. We can’t have this behaviour being tolerated. And simply removing one post means he can do it again. Ban! Removed
28/02/2021 22:29:51 1 1