A-level and GCSE results to be decided by teachers
25/02/2021 | news | education | 919
A combination of mock exams, coursework and essays will be used to decide grades in England this year.
25/02/2021 10:53:10 17 31
A* for Cressida and Tarquin

C+ for Shannon and Tyler
A* for Latifa and Leroy

C+ for Chloe and William

SORTED
25/02/2021 10:57:28 5 8
Great idea!

Except for the good kids that the teacher(s) just do not like.

And dont tell me that doent happen cos I was on the wrong end of spite from a couple of teachers and uni lecturers during my time in education.

Just another example of Gormless Gavins incompetence in post, like so many other ministers in this paliament of fools!
Judging by your grammar, spelling mistakes and obvious chip on your shoulder; perhaps your teachers and lecturers were right. I suspect most Teachers, Parents and pupils, will welcome this logical move. Removed
Love people like you. You know NOTHING about me but thunk you have the right to insult.
I do not have a chip on my shoulder. I am merely stating a fact. But then you know that and a just an idiot who likes to snipe from behind the safety of a computer.
Have a lovely day.
25/02/2021 10:53:08 73 22
I hear lots of moaning but no alternative options being put forward.
Erm, repeat the year and actually sit the fu*king exams! Removed
25/02/2021 11:10:20 2 4
Wee Scot - So last year's students were supposed to sit this year's non existent exams then? Well done...
25/02/2021 11:13:08 11 1
And how do we accommodate all the children moving into the next stream of education? This years cohort leaving, enables the physical space and teaching capacity to bring the next year up.
25/02/2021 11:22:28 6 0
and where will the kids go? I'm going to assume this is only exam classes and not the whole system, because that would be mad. Where are you going to find enough qualified people to teach them? or buildings to teach in? Note that its a struggle to get enough teachers as is, and to retain them, oh and you need to do all this by September for the new school year.
Have a lovely day.
25/02/2021 11:40:45 9 7
Time to give teachers the respect and trust they deserve.
ie zero Removed
25/02/2021 11:44:26 1 0
Oh well, get over it, government has finally realised we know more than anyone else about education.
mac
25/02/2021 12:19:40 0 1
Perhaps you should take over the system. Yet another who knows nothing about everything.
25/02/2021 10:53:26 280 59
I think exam results should be decided by HYS know-it-alls.

They clearly know much more than teachers.
25/02/2021 11:54:32 4 9
Teachers certainly know how to inflate the grades of their pupils.
Absolutely. Day 1 of teacher training. Just before session 1 of leftism for beginners. Just after 'woke and how to achieve maximum wokeism'.

Muppet.
25/02/2021 11:27:17 0 1
Where's your evidence for this?
25/02/2021 11:37:55 27 11
If certain ethnic groups don't do as well as others then there will be mass allegations of racism!

Just watch this website!
Chinese get better grades as do Indians ...comes down to parenting Removed
Fox
25/02/2021 12:27:59 3 2
the trend that you mention is largely determined by social class.
mc
25/02/2021 11:08:20 3 2
can't believe it I got 5 grade A and only took 4 subjects
25/02/2021 11:24:48 4 4
A* and Grade 9s for everyone (as teachers rush to show how good they are at teaching).
Result - chaos in Universities and lots of employers unable to distinguish between the bright and the very bright so they will hire their friends' children.
Net result of teachers' grade inflation will be more nepotism in recruitment and children with over-inflated ideas of how good they are.
25/02/2021 12:01:05 0 3
Miss Deecie
In the not too distant past it was well known that if you were constantly up the school Dress the yourself and your kid smartly and put money into fundraising etc pass the 11 plus"

here's my take on this:

In the it known not too that if school and your kid smartly and put you constantly up money into the 11 plus Dress the yourself fundraising etc pass was well"

make far more sense!
25/02/2021 11:46:13 7 2
LOL at the parents of thick kids complaining that the teacher doesn't like their child so will downgrade them.
25/02/2021 11:16:36 4 5
My son missed out on 1 exam last year, and was given a C, we believe because he never got on with the teacher, she basically just did not like him... the rest of his exams were as we expected, and A... so I am just not sure the teachers are the best people to be giving results, but what choice is there?
25/02/2021 11:14:15 3 4
This will never work, the luvvies will be two weeks into their summer long holidays, are they going to grade pupils from the poolside in Florida???
25/02/2021 11:17:31 4 4
Queue a load of right wing half wits shouting about how useless teachers are.

Welcome to Brexit Britain.
The six form girl in pic looks sullenly past her laptop thinking can’t bother with all this crap can I just go back home and carry on shagging my boyfriend in lockdown Removed
25/02/2021 11:42:35 3 5
Teachers moan about being in class, not being in class, teaching on-line, prepping schools during their 1/4 yr of paid holiday. They'll probably moan about having to grade work their pupils haven't properly done in the last year. Exam boards are non-biased towards individuals. Teachers can't be. What happens when bad results can be attributed to a teachers opinion instead of anonymous exam boards?
25/02/2021 12:30:38 1 0
If you were told to work in your allowed holidays you'd ask for more money so go figure. They should strike anyway - the pay is derisory.
They have been on holiday for a year getting paid! And if they dislike their pay they have an option, but then again if they left they would have to work for a living. Removed
mac
25/02/2021 13:02:51 0 0
You really have not got a clue.
25/02/2021 11:39:39 0 0
How do you know? You don't know me.
25/02/2021 12:26:17 1 4
Heard a school head say yesterday re summer schools that it may be difficult to recruit the best talent for the plan. 'Best talent'! Does this mean that the best are not teaching kids at the moment. Exams plan will make things worse. Unions will be moaning about teachers being overworked. Lockdown looms I fear. If we can't be allowed to overwhelm the NHS then we can't overwork teachers!
25/02/2021 12:14:22 12 4
I thinked that my titchers were realy gud and that. British edcashun - best in the wurld.
25/02/2021 11:08:45 14 97
The holidays should be cancelled until the learning is actually completed to the required level.
No one has earned school holidays, not the kids or the teachers.
The teachers haven't bothered setting any work or doing zoom lessons and the kids don't bother logging on or engaging.
What an asinine response. Idiot. Removed
Total power, just watch teachers always wanted......most of them are thick as pig plop....and now they get to assess students entirely....what could go wrong? Removed
25/02/2021 13:12:39 0 0
"most of them are thick as pig plop"

And your evidence for this is? What qualifies you to make this statement? Perhaps you can share your academic qualifications below.
25/02/2021 11:54:32 4 9
Teachers certainly know how to inflate the grades of their pupils.
25/02/2021 12:44:51 2 0
They'd just rate everything U/F and write "in my day.." in red biro.
Have to say teachers know best, they've already booked their summer holidays, they are probably the only profession that can do that with the confidence that they won't be working in July and August. Removed
25/02/2021 13:31:46 2 0
You hate teachers don't you...bet you love the bankers
25/02/2021 11:08:07 36 10
I had ability and got good grades in my exams but my classroom work was terrible, I wouldn’t of had fair treatment and I’m sure there will be many now in the same position. But to be honest school teaches you very little about the real world and you start to learn when you begin working. Grades aren’t everything and university is definitely overrated for the average person.
Did you “of” the ability to understand basic English? Removed
25/02/2021 13:16:31 0 2
Isn't the answer just to award every child top grades for every subject now? No need for assessment, no arguing over grades and everyone will live happily ever after.
25/02/2021 13:19:36 3 1
Totally irrelevant but doesnt Kori's right ear look huge, or at least it does on my phone screen.
25/02/2021 11:51:24 0 4
never knew gcse meant you have a engineering or medical degree
Rob
25/02/2021 13:55:02 5 4
I loved the comments in The Guardian:

Expect massive grade inflation because the Government isn't providing SUFFICIENT GUIDANCE.

Hahahahhhhahahahaha.

Don't you just love those unbiased newspapers
Rob
25/02/2021 13:55:02 5 4
I loved the comments in The Guardian:

Hahahahhhhahahahaha.

Don't you just love those unbiased newspapers
25/02/2021 14:44:00 3 4
No need - teachers of today ''bash'' themselves.