Djokovic wins ninth Australian Open
21/02/2021 | sport | tennis | 673
Novak Djokovic continues his dominance of the Australian Open by overwhelming Daniil Medvedev to win a record-extending ninth men's title.
Serbians shouldn’t be allowed to participate in international sport given that they still support the ideals and government who took part in atrocities and genocide condemned by the whole world Removed
21/02/2021 11:01:33 2 1
Back in your box
TSR
21/02/2021 11:13:36 0 1
Surely you mean Americans.
21/02/2021 10:57:39 225 124
I can’t put my finger on it but something about Djokovic just rankles with me. He is clearly one of the all time greats but why do I groan every time he wins a slam?
Because he is a prick Removed
21/02/2021 11:00:27 14 2
That could be it!
21/02/2021 11:06:47 4 6
Hahaha even BBC house rules agree
TSR
21/02/2021 11:12:35 26 11
...who has 18 slams and may well finish as the GOAT.
21/02/2021 10:57:39 225 124
Because you’re clearly an idiot Removed
21/02/2021 10:57:39 225 124
Tennis fans tend to get their prayer mat out to particular players and hate their rivals. Very much like little girls with pop music bands.
Plus he's a Serb and you've bought the narrative that all Serbs are bad. So you've let yourself be programmed into being a racist. Well done you.
21/02/2021 11:40:01 8 1
You mean like all sports fans. I never heard a supporter of Liverpool or Arsenal hoping a rival would win. I worked with a lovely Serb some years ago so as far as I am concerned that would be wrong.
21/02/2021 12:02:50 6 3
I don't think it has anything to do with racism; it's just that people are entitled to their favourites!
21/02/2021 12:31:41 5 1
Have you seriously thrown the race card at someone with nothing to back it up? My lord, get yourself on twitter, you'd fit right in there.

BTW, Serbia is a nation, not a race, Djokovic is white, do you know the ethnicity of the poster?

You sir, are a melt. That is a fact and doesn't need any citation.
KW
21/02/2021 11:39:05 4 12
Revolting man. A fine tennis player but has no idea what sportsmanship is about and that cancels out any claim to greatness.
Some guy hits a ball: HYS

Hancock commits high crimes and tells everyone to get stuffed if they don't like it... no comment.
Dear BBC, a professional footballer and England captain is successfully prosecuted and found guilty of assaulting a policemen and any comments referring to this event are immediately removed by the BBC whereas disgusting hate fuelled hys comments like those linked to this story are allowed. Please explain? Removed
21/02/2021 11:47:27 36 13
he's a good man, family man, and he rocks when playing .. his injuries are consistent with all tennis players he deals with it and he produces the results ... he knows many are scathing over him ... but come on because he feigns injuries .? I don't think he feigns them.... maybe he uses them better than others ..... in a fish bowl environment it's the same old views from inside and OUTSIDE
Family man.... you sure about that.... affairs with nannies were still rumoured not that long ago...... Removed
21/02/2021 12:51:03 7 3
The best you have against him is unfounded rumours? Try harder!
Dear BBC, please explain why disgusting hate fuelled hys comments like those linked to this story and other stories related to an elite champion are allowed? Removed
21/02/2021 13:01:28 0 2
Go away....
21/02/2021 12:52:46 2 8
Standard of mens tennis so poor. Clear who going to win from start of tournament. Still i cant complain as 1100 quid in my pocket from bookies!
He is such a spoiled brat, hope he has a serious injury Removed
21/02/2021 13:21:32 0 1
Wow what a kind thought.
21/02/2021 10:57:39 225 124
Is it because he comes from the only European country with leaders guilty of war crimes since the Nazis?

He's clearly not guilty of these but it shows how racism is incidious and actually very difficult to remove once embedded

The Irish have hated the English and justify this by the negligent behaviour of 1 leader who died over 350 years ago

You and I aren't related to him
ken
21/02/2021 13:24:31 9 13
Can't stand the bloke his constant moaning and complaining and tactics, even now he doesn't understand why he is not liked
yes i detest nadal vile human being fake back injuries dirty stinking habit putting his fingers up his jacksy then smelling them horrible creature Removed
21/02/2021 14:01:21 7 17
It's nice when people can come on here and congratulate somebody without then resorting to insulting somebody else who had nothing to do with this match.
And for your information,when it comes to arguments with umpires,smashing racquets,temper tantrums and general on court antics Djokovic beats the person YOU are referring to by about a factor of ten.But of course he's white,and a man, so it's ok!
Well done. Somehow you have turned a conversation about a tennis match into a race and male privilege issue. Pathetic. Removed
21/02/2021 19:23:43 1 1
I was replying to the original poster. Who said "it's nice when your final and celebrations aren't ruined by your obnoxious opponent." - yeah, THAT was a "conversation about a tennis match" alright! It's not my fault you didn't bother to read what I was replying to. So well done yourself for commenting on my comment instead of on the tennis match.
Djokovic is undoubtedly a great player, at the end of his career he may even be the most decorated player. However, he doesn't transcend the sport like other great sports people, and that's because he just comes across as a bit of a see you next Tuesday. Removed
Djokovic is a low life. It has nothing to do with his being Serbian or from Eastern Europe.

Very similar to Serena. She is a world-class ow life, and that has nothing with her being black.
21/02/2021 17:24:49 3 2
Dbmaddison is a low life. It has nothing to do with being on BBC HYS and has nothing to do with name "Dbmaddison".
21/02/2021 18:37:43 1 0
He’s a better player and guy than that clown Federer!
21/02/2021 16:24:26 1 0
Interesting how there is no HYS on the women's final. Why?