Covid-19: Millions of asthmatics 'must wait for vaccine'
15/02/2021 | news | health | 1,049
A much narrower group will now be eligible than previously indicated.
Horse goes into a pub, barman says "why the long face?" Removed
What?!?

I have severe asthma. I’ve had the steroid pills but find the high dose of the new type of steroid inhaler work better.

By switching to the inhaler I just cost myself a jab, despite that I also have caring responsibility for my very high risk parents.

Yet we hear that hundreds of the dinghy boys got jabs that I’d paid for with my tax.

They literally stole my jab.

Fair?!
Dinghy boys?? Removed
The Wokists won't like your comment, because those cross channel migrants staying in 4* hotels are much more important than you. Removed
What?!?

They literally stole my jab.

Fair?!
Dinghy boys?? Removed
15/02/2021 14:11:14 11 15
How many more 'prioritised' segments can we identify?
Seems like I'm in a minority in this country as I don't have a recognised affliction!
What?!?

They literally stole my jab.

Fair?!
15/02/2021 14:26:42 8 24
Typical conservatives back tracking once again!!!
Goodness me - looks like the Liebour trolls have woken up and got out of bed. Removed
15/02/2021 14:18:07 3 25
We all know where this is going.

First response in a pandemic - repay party-donors with billions from Public funds, at cost to our lives and welfare.

Tories vote down protections for NHS in trade deals on deadliest day in pandemic:

bozo's your man.
Seems another Liebour troll has dragged himself out of bed to post utter rubbish. The link to a Liebour supporting website means as much as posting a link to the Daily Wail. Read what the amendment was actually going to do - Liebour grandstanding and quite properly voted down. Removed
Ian
15/02/2021 14:13:52 199 36
???????? The success of easing lockdown relies upon people taking the vaccine ????????

???????? It's important that the vaccine is seen to be being rolled out in a fair way. We can't afford in-fighting over who gets what and when. ????????

???????? But once it's your turn, get vaccinated. It's not just your future ... it's for all of our futures ????????
I think that this country has a problem with obesity that we need to tackle.

Maybe this should be incentivised by some sort of fat tax (maybe £100 per month for every BMI point over 30 per fattso - that should clarify things)

Also denying the vaccine to fat people should help to encourage them to keep their hand out of the cookie jar. Smokers/vapers too.
OwO
15/02/2021 14:44:49 9 8
How about we restrict the vaccine to "only people who don't go around saying other people shouldn't get the vaccine"?

Seems fairest.
15/02/2021 14:48:04 11 3
Certainly the gov and NHS should be focusing more on prevention of things like obesity. That said if 30-60% of NHS staff are not interested in having the vaccine I wonder how the "science" gets done in hospitals.
15/02/2021 14:50:38 5 7
and disallow all motor vehicle users too who make it hard on everyone to breath their secondary smoke ?
We could tax the stupid, but you probably don't earn enough.
15/02/2021 14:51:45 9 11
I totally agree. They should have their mouth’s stapled shut until everybody else has been vaccinated. Vulnerable asthmatics wouldn’t have to wait for the vaccine if we rolled the fat squad to the back of the que.
15/02/2021 14:52:57 8 19
Obesity is often caused by bad sleep, stress, anxiety, and disabilities. Which combine to increase appetite, reduce satiety, and lower Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis.

Poverty can have a huge influence on many of the causes of obesity, so your "fat tax" is not only stupid (how would it even work? Going to round up obese people and place them on the scales daily?) but just plain cruel.
There’s stacks going spare in Leicester. Shame the BAME staff of the NHS want this misery to play out even longer, especially as Leicester has never really been out of lockdown at all!

I hope none of them dares to try and claim “psychological trauma” from dealing with this pandemic after refusing to be vaccinated as well.

It’s an absolute scandal...
15/02/2021 14:40:33 31 7
Care workers and health workers should not be forced to accept the vaccine.

They should be told that if they choose not to be vaccinated, they are putting other peoples lives at risk and they will lose their job. Their choice.
15/02/2021 14:48:47 5 9
Suggesting that their ethnic background predicates their work for the NHS is racist and wrong. Shame on you.
MJH
15/02/2021 14:31:03 4 35
Workers like police officers are forced to work in covid-threatening conditions every day; sending teachers back into sardine-tin classrooms before vaccinating them is sickening.

But then fifty year olds who have been sitting on the sofa for the past year on furlow are more likely to vote Conservative, teachers much the opposite. This is where the priorities for vaccinating groups have come from.
Usual rubbish from Liebour trolls. Teachers are at no greater risk than any worker. In fact at less risk than people in food processing factories or shop workers. They should get off their lazy backsides and get back to work no matter their politics. Removed
15/02/2021 14:38:10 1 2
I worked at a teachers charity. Never come across such a bunch of snowflakes. No wonder our kids are too.
15/02/2021 14:38:25 6 6
Evening standard 2 days ago
'Hundreds of asylum seekers vaccinated ahead of vulnerable Brits'
Shocking stuff, thanks for the link.

Add to that over 60% of black NHS workers refusing the vaccine in Leicester and one wonders where the UK is going.
OwO
15/02/2021 14:47:29 2 3
How are either of those things linked at all?
15/02/2021 14:51:45 9 11
15/02/2021 14:07:20 98 32
Asthmatic teacher.
I want kids back in school (with me teaching them!)
Can we please at least therefore consider masks in schools like most countries?
Masks do almost nothing.

They've been politicised because they are the most visual measure but in comparison to hand hygiene or reducing social contacts they are almost irrelevant. Even worse they have the psychological effect of making the wearer feel invincible and so ignoring the guidance on hands and distance.
Come on BBC, what’s with the headline defining someone with an illness by the name of an illness. Would you call someone an epileptic or a spastic? People with asthma, not asthmatics! Removed
I'm not taking your experimental gene therapy! Two weeks to flatten the curve? This was never about a virus ( that has never been isolated ) It was always the BS jab. I also call BS on you vaccinating 15 million people. LIES! Removed
15/02/2021 18:43:16 2 1
Stop spreading disinformation. What you have said is not only wrong, but dangerous.
15/02/2021 18:42:45 5 4
I'm 67 and asthmatic. Today I had my first jab and was impressed by the whole process. I was happy to "wait my turn" and I am surprised that this article is deemed worthy news."It has since been judged this group (Asthmatics) is not at increased risk of death." Move on BBC!
Good luck with those side effects bro! You are a test subject for big pharma! Removed
15/02/2021 18:39:19 3 5
I am an asthmatic and I qualify for a free winter flu jab every year along with other people in at risks groups. However for the COVID jab I need to wait my turn with the healthy people. Are we really saying that flu is less dangerous to my health than coronavirus?
Convid is the seasonal flu... You can't catch convid from other people. Do your own research. Removed
Asthmatics have to wait but if you arrived here by dingy, you don't. Removed
All the benefit scroungers on sticks, bandaged up legs and in wheelchairs. Whole families of the lazy devils, my missus reckons they have got sofa sores.
Then they say a genuine asthmatic is ineligible, absolute disgrace.
yet they would vaccinate your wife, but not you you fat arsed donkey, as it will be you WHO KILLS HER.... wait in line with both arms and hands out me me me me me Removed
15/02/2021 20:47:51 3 2
All the aliments you list are not in the priority group. Be they on benefits or not.
Then they say a genuine asthmatic is ineligible, absolute disgrace.
For God’s sake get those Rangers players vaccinated. Don’t you realise they’ve parties to attend! Up the jags. Removed