Beer and pub leaders plead for reopening date after sales halve in 2020
10/02/2021 | news | business | 832
The industry shows the government a "roadmap to recovery" as it waits for a reopening date.
10/02/2021 10:48:42 119 80
When people drink too much all social distancing goes out of the window.

The NHS is doing a good job at present.
Opening pubs will increase the spread of the virus.
You are not a real person! You are a fake comment placed by the BBC! Removed
10/02/2021 10:53:18 9 2
Oh dear, have you had an early tipple ?
Bookcase
11:18
"why won't those Brussels self styled mandarins let us open our pubs? More EU regulations stopping us having a pint".

Absolutely nothing to do with Brussels you brexiteer liar.
Is suspect a hint of irony in the original post.
10/02/2021 11:19:07 4 7
They are not, children are consistently shown to not spread it. Your comment is beyond stupid, it's dangerous antivax level adult male cow droppings!
10/02/2021 10:55:38 36 17
I strongly recall a spate of images online last year from outside pubs and bars where people were huddled together like penguins at the pole.

It sucks for the businesses and the people that work for them, but Brits have proved the risk of mixing booze and responsible behavior time and time again.

Unless we want to drag this situation out further, don't let Brits back in pubs yet.
10/02/2021 10:59:30 23 15
I'd love to go down the pub for a sesh. I do miss this. However, missing the virus is much more important in my opinion. I'll not risk Covid just for a couple of beers.

The time to reopen pubs is when we've got the virus under control. It may be some time yet. We'll wait.
Another Grumpy Manc
13:27
"Why do so many here hate the Pub?
Covid infection rates only began to shoot up AFTER they'd been closed again, so closing them didn't help, did it?"

Really?!? You can`t possibly be that thick...
10/02/2021 11:07:20 32 193
Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to take the bull by the horns and close public houses permanently. The amount of damage to our society as a result of alcohol abuse, physically as well as economically, is out of control. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional claret, but in moderation and in the privacy of my own home, not staggering down the high street with my knickers round my ankles.
10/02/2021 11:07:20 32 193