Co-op and Morrisons payment problems investigated
26/01/2021 | news | world | 397
Supermarkets say card payment problems that led to long queues are resolved, but cause still unknown
Seriously, THIS is the HYS topic? Removed
26/01/2021 11:11:30 2 2
Then why did you post? And yep, I have a CoOp at the local garage and the IT has been very slow. The very nice staff and they are, thought it might be the cold weather!!!! An HQ directive I assume.
26/01/2021 11:22:38 0 0
And why NOT?
It was a very real situation - affecting many - and could recur at any time!
Doesn't bother me, I nick everything anyway. Removed
Fool... Removed
Seriously, THIS is the HYS topic? Removed
Doesn't bother me, I nick everything anyway. Removed
Fool... Removed
Seems that "moderators" removed my comment - for calling someone a fool, who wrote that it doesn't affect him, as he steals things!
The BBC seem, then, to allow people to advocate theft - but we mustn't criticise them for saying so?
Ahh well, that's clear then - and shows auntie's priorities!
26/01/2021 12:09:08 2 0
No they just remove reported comments which break the rules

When they aren't asleep
26/01/2021 12:37:06 0 0
Here's a top tip:

If someone is advocating unlawful or dangerous activity, simply "report" them using the "report" link.

Yes, this post will be removed as it is off topic. As will yours.
26/01/2021 12:00:16 0 2
Do we really need a HYS on this?
Yes. The opinions of the great unwashed on matters of broken shop equipment is vital to this nation. Removed
Welcome to another round of “Have Your Say”
The daily forum that gives people a chance to express their point of view allowing others to repeat whats already been said.
I said t’ wife “there’s a lot of repeating”
She said “They repeat a lot”
I said “ one person makes a good point then others repeat”
She said “ yea, some make good points and then others repeat, have a cuppa chuck’
*sigh*
So.... t’wife said
“What happens to all them comments?”
I said “ they get deleted at end of day”
She said “ deleted?”
I said “yea, deleted”
She said “ why do they do it then?”
I said “ dunno, why do they do it?”

....so we had another cuppa with a biscuit.
We did.... a cuppa with a biscuit.
‘‘Twas champion’

*sigh*
26/01/2021 13:01:48 1 3
Just get rid of cards and just have cash but that's too easy
Welcome to another round of “Have Your Say”
I said t’ wife “there’s a lot of repeating”
She said “They repeat a lot”
I said “ one person makes a good point then others repeat”
*sigh*
So.... t’wife said
“What happens to all them comments?”
I said “ they get deleted at end of day”
She said “ deleted?”
I said “yea, deleted”
She said “ why do they do it then?”
I said “ dunno, why do they do it?”

....so we had another cuppa with a biscuit.
We did.... a cuppa with a biscuit.
‘‘Twas champion’

*sigh*
26/01/2021 13:17:31 0 3
When electricity appeared, people thought it was the work of the devil. When colour televisions appeared, people said it was an abomination and wanted to stick to black and white. Some variant of Bitcoin is going to replace cash as it is anonymous. Progress may not necessarily be positive at times but it's largely unstoppable.
Zero coin or Monero

Rely on zero knowledge proofs
With tor they are anonymous

Bitcoin is wide open, anyone can read the Blockchain like a book

Progress is quantum computing which will derive anyone's private keys from their public address. That's the end of bitcoin
26/01/2021 13:28:59 0 0
And if your network connection falls over, you are in the same position as the Co-op, aren't you?

Or do the magical blockchain fairies step in to protect you....
It's times like this I thank the Gods I'm a shoplifter. Removed
26/01/2021 12:38:01 3 13
Tech problems are always human related. The cost of producing and managing cash is extortionate. Cash is involved in all manner of dodgy dealings that undermine society. Cash has no place the 21st century.