Teachers' grades to replace A-levels and GCSEs in England
06/01/2021 | news | education | 1,305
Gavin Williamson will "trust in teachers rather than algorithms" in awarding this year's results.
06/01/2021 15:03:45 11 17
Thanks for destroying my childs education and mental and social health Mr Williamson. I truly hate you with all the energy i can muster.
06/01/2021 15:22:51 67 28
Gavin

1/10

See me
Also 1/10 for the ability to speak properly - he needs a phonics lesson to help him say the word "the" correctly. Gavin, it doesn't begin with a "v", try putting your tongue between your teeth to make a "th" sound, you're a role model to young people (Not.) Removed
06/01/2021 15:48:53 8 1
Do you call disabled and ethnic minority people rude names as well? Never mock someone for something that they may not be able to help, there could well be a health issue behind the slight speech impediment. Be careful when lightly throwing insults about.
06/01/2021 15:37:12 31 20
"dialogue takes place with a team"

So they all decide who they do and don't like.
No, that's not even close. Makes me angry that fools can voice nonsense like this with how hard we work to ensure things are done correctly. Removed
I bet all those women 16-18 years ago wished they'd kept their legs together! Removed
06/01/2021 15:42:35 6 3
So why not just close schools now for 6 months and let the teachers give fantastic grades and save all the trouble of spreading the disease and actually doing any work as their grades will be the same anyway. Bravo teachers you are all, without fail brilliant. Employers beware of the classes of 2020 and 2021, the results are probably bogus
With the greatest of DISrespect - you're a moron!! Removed
06/01/2021 15:31:41 7 6
A** grades across the board, free laptops, free broadband, guaranteed uni acceptance later, parents on free wages (furlough), mortgage holidays, loan repayment deferrals and no-interest-loans. Its been awful.
06/01/2021 16:03:05 0 0
Bit late to the party, I had already corrected the typo, are you a Tory MP?
Actually it was a proper GCE O level, back when we covered a subject properly.
col
06/01/2021 16:50:38 7 2
Oh great.
At primary school the teachers wrote me off. told my parents I would never pass an exam.

Parents sent me to private school, where a couple of great teachers, bucking the trend of those that thought I was a moron, saved me.

I now have a couple of degrees and post grad qualifications.

If I had been assessed by my teachers, I would still be on the dole. god help the unpopular kids.
Perhaps if you hadn't acted as a moron, you wouldn't have been assessed as one? Removed
06/01/2021 17:07:21 0 1
Great reply.....
06/01/2021 17:57:05 3 5
SO YOUR GRADE IS DECIDED ON WETHER A TEACHER ''LIKES YOUR FACE, OR NOT'' . COOL THATS THE TORY WAY , WELL DONE VOTERS
Put the whiskey down Jock, you are getting a bit shouty! Removed
The country has a teacher shortage, so all you know it alls, your chance to put your boring comments to one side, change careers and re train.......or just shut the * up Removed
06/01/2021 18:36:33 1 0
Hear hear.
Well, the teaching unions should be happy. Teachers can stay at home & not put themselves at any risk whatsoever & set the grades for the little darlings. Kids want everything on a plate. No one seems able to show a bit of initiative & actually read a book & learn the syllabus for themselves. My company will not be employing anyone based on 2020 or 2021 results but would rather employ older people Removed
06/01/2021 18:59:28 9 5
What makes you think any right minded person would want to be employed by your company... carry on deluding yourself. Why not publish the name of your company it will save you all the rejection letters you will need to write. You can write?
06/01/2021 18:59:34 3 2
Hmmm u r so wrong and I wouldn’t want my child working for you anyway!
06/01/2021 18:59:47 4 2
Miserable, worthless specimen of human life!

Please let us know the name of your company and we can boycott you!
Idiot my daughter will get 8 A*'s which she also got in her mocks but shes unemployable There are some real idiots on this board Removed
06/01/2021 19:05:45 2 1
What company would that be? So we can look out and avoid it.....

I don't think the kids are to blame for this in anyway whatsoever. The majority will have been prepared to sit their exams this year and put their best effort into it.
06/01/2021 19:12:47 1 0
Sorry to disappoint you. I was at school today, with some of the children I teach children and was, therefore 'at risk'. This will not change in the foreseeable future. You seem, however, to want children to read books and learn the syllabus instead, so maybe I should be at home. When you make your mind up which it is, let me know. I'd be happy to oblige either way.
06/01/2021 19:22:17 2 0
Would love to know who actually supports this comment and why. Our children can’t help circumstances and as parents all we can do is send them to school to learn, also guide them and tell them learning is very important! This comment should be deleted, it’s very nasty.
06/01/2021 19:39:25 0 0
Infantile drivel.
06/01/2021 20:18:56 7 6
I see the non educational experts are out in force again. Just because you went to school once does not make you a teacher. I went abroad in an aeroplane for my last holiday so does that make me a pilot?
Walk in your own shoes first before trying on other pairs that do not fit you.
06/01/2021 19:30:17 1 1
Pathetic
06/01/2021 20:47:27 2 4
I remember taking my exams 37 years ago. Depending on the subject, when the teacher said "Begin" the sound of chairs scraping back as loads of students buggered off was both deafening and hilarious.

Happy days.
Idiot Comp? Removed
06/01/2021 20:16:50 7 9
Why not let the students grade their own work, that will keep them happy.

It will also keep the teachers happy because they will not have to put the effort in.

I'm surprised the NUT and opportunistic Labour Party have not already thought of this.
Dickhead Removed
06/01/2021 21:23:36 4 2
Oh yes, the real world, where you can be completely incompetent and...end up running the country.
Or where you can be an idiot and get your drivel published Removed
06/01/2021 22:15:06 3 1
The yobs on here who seem anti education and educationalists are extremely similar to the yobs who have invaded Capitol Hill
Some of the Capitol-invading yobs have already been identified online as Antifa members, so quite possibly students/teachers. Removed
You are lying. Removed
06/01/2021 22:38:18 0 0
i doubt it - no ignorant looking lefty woke spotty lazy teenagers there
You are lying. Removed
06/01/2021 22:31:26 0 0
is it lies or cud this be a msm journo?
Best to avoid English Grammar at school.

And logic. Maths. English comprehension...

Politics, philosophy and economics.

History, all science subjects...

and you'll be perfectly equipped for commenting on HYS.
06/01/2021 22:38:54 0 0
I love a touch of irony. I bet your the sort who sits in a traffic jam whinging about everyone having the same idea as you.
06/01/2021 22:52:43 2 0
A good friend of mine who teaches A Level maths told me he's betting this lock-down will drag on. So he's written the assessments already and is taking the rest of the year off.