India thrash Australia to level series
29/12/2020 | sport | cricket | 660
India beat Australia by eight wickets with a day to spare in the second Test in Melbourne to level the four-match series.
Always happy to see anyone beat the Aussies! Removed
Calm down, you’ve left the EU. That should have satisfied your little englander angst. Removed
29/12/2020 12:05:10 11 21
I feel the same regarding England!
29/12/2020 15:34:34 7 1
As an Englishman and fervent England supporter, that only shows how good Australia have been for a very long time. India won today and deserved it, Australia won the match before and deserved it too. Looking set for a great series.
29/12/2020 17:16:58 2 6
That'll be a helpful attitude when we go out to the brave new world with our Brexit begging bowl
Absolutely disgraceful by the Australian authorities to take revenge on harmless British backpackers - just because they’ve been thrashed again at cricket. Pathetic case of sour grapes. It all goes back to the fact that we caught them cheating. Removed
29/12/2020 08:45:23 13 10
Great win for India and good to see the series now nicely poised. This is fantastic for the 'up to 30,000 fans' who were allowed into the MCG.

On a side note, I can't work out why it's ok for the Aussies to encourage 30,000 fans to mix in an enclosed area in Melbourne but not ok for a couple of hundred backpackers to mix in the open at Bronte Beach in Sydney.

Stinks of hypocrisy to me
Always happy to see anyone beat the Aussies! Removed
Sit down ya lemon Removed
Sit down ya lemon Removed
29/12/2020 11:04:56 4 4
Oh here we go already.

Crushed in the test, and now accusing Bumrah of throwing.

So typically Australian.
They do have a bit of form for it, especially against Asians .... Removed
What are Warners groin problems.

Is it because he such a massive Richard?
errr... match fixing? surprise surprise Removed
29/12/2020 11:04:56 4 4
Oh here we go already.

Crushed in the test, and now accusing Bumrah of throwing.

So typically Australian.
Well, they do have a bit of form for it.
Muralitharan
Shoaib Akhtar
Bumrah
(Anyone notice anything of a pattern there?)
29/12/2020 12:14:03 4 3
Anything that makes Aussies grovel is brilliant.
My enemies enemy is my friend.
Sandpaper Smith the cheating worm, can’t be happy.
Atherton had a pocket full .....England fans have no moral high-ground over anyone my friend. Removed
29/12/2020 11:19:23 1 4
Two words...'betting syndicate'.
You sound like a Pakistani. I can understand your pain in seeing India bounce back where Pakistanis were humiliated by the same Aussie last year. Removed
Kangaroo curry tonight then or kangaroo on the barbie! Removed
For those who don't know, Australia are known cheats, so we love seeing them thrashed. Karma at it's best Removed
29/12/2020 13:47:46 0 4
looking forward to the Sydney test....with a few less backpackers around ideally....
Its amazing stuff, not the Clicket but the fact UK backpackers are having a party on a beach in the middle of a Global Pandemic... is anyone really Policing anything anymore ?? Removed
CJR
29/12/2020 14:08:35 1 4
Shows it has to be Christmas, why is there a hys on this? Not a team from our continent playing. I should think to equal out the balance, when South Africa, New Zealand, or West Indians play next we can have a hys on those games to.
Reading some of the pathetic comments it’s just for trolls, you know who you all are.
tc
29/12/2020 15:03:37 3 8
its mainly English people on here posting that bile to be fair but its ok, its what they do. Aussies will be a different team by the ingerland visit australia for the ashes.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving team of cheats.
Australia hardly got any punishment and the players involved got off very lightly, some even came out better off !!
India may be a bit "iffy" at times, but compared to the Australians,the Indians are OK.
Aus players should have been banned from internal games for 3 years,tests etc 5 years,otherwise,why not cheat ?
29/12/2020 13:58:32 3 1
I’m surprised not read any acknowledgements from the Aussies about Indians performance I this article. I would have thought, at least a quote from good old Merv.
Australians are too arrogant to acknowledge/congratulate the winners. Removed
Would you like to have sex with any of the ????/???? Squad?
If so who?
29/12/2020 16:30:06 0 1
Nope
So no football to comment on i might aswell have a go at this tripe! Removed
You've commented the same BS about cricket like 10 times. You clearly have a sad little life. Removed
This is dog shit dull Removed
29/12/2020 16:49:12 1 1
What game have you been following
29/12/2020 17:22:59 2 1
As is your comment.
You lot know how to live. I'd rather inject covid through my rectum than watch a round of ?? Removed
29/12/2020 16:53:13 6 2
Injection waiting
29/12/2020 16:58:04 4 2
Please go ahead and do it. Actions speak louder than words. The world will be much better off as a result.
tc
29/12/2020 17:05:52 5 2
Yet you made a special effort to come and share that "opinion" on a cricketing forum....lovely.
So no football to comment on i might aswell have a go at this tripe! Removed
I cant be anymore sad than you lot watching cricket. I take it you're divorced? Removed
29/12/2020 17:22:59 2 1
As is your comment.
Cheers. Talking of dog shit, where is scrappy? Removed
Nothing but nothing better to hear the words in cricket “Australia thrashed” i love my colonial friends, and we look forward to the biggest event in cricket “the ashes”. In the meantime, a mouth watering 5-test series in India - that’s going to be awesome and I really hope the Indian fans can be in attendance as there is nothing better than a full and passionate Indian crowd Removed
29/12/2020 19:49:05 1 0
I wouldn't call it a 'thrashing'. Australia took 12 wickets and India took 20!
29/12/2020 17:21:55 4 2
Well said Tezza
I think he was looking at you when he wrote the last bit... Removed
29/12/2020 20:06:28 1 2
Oh boo boo
Smith is failing here but destroyed this English team.

Something tells me England should drop out of test cricket for a while and hone their skills. They can reapply to play test cricket again in say 30 years?

I am sure most people will agree with this suggestion which I think is very reasonable and constructive
29/12/2020 18:44:31 0 3
Sounds reasonable to me ??
Mrs mangle Removed
Aussie and Ind play fair.

NZ are the best.

At least this test was not stolen which unfortunately cannot be said about the WC final

Perhaps ICC will reverse that final and award the trophy to the rightful owner NZ soon. Surely we can all agree with such a decision?!
Ahh Mrs mangle Removed
I heard Joe Burns has an English maternal grand uncle. Perhaps he qualifies for England team if we can expedite the citizenship process? Surely he would be the best English opener in this century, perhaps even the best since Hobbs. I guess Hobbs was good, never saw him play. Removed
Ahh Mrs mangle Removed
Quality ???? Removed
Aussie and Ind play fair.

NZ are the best.

Ahh Mrs mangle Removed
Ahh Mrs mangle Removed
Smith is failing here but destroyed this English team.

Mrs mangle Removed
29/12/2020 18:23:59 1 4
I guess KP from the current English team is good enough to make this Aussie team. Who else? Can't think of any.
Mrs mangle Removed
Quality ???? Removed
So BBC allows personal insults against me by JimBob to be printed but removed my constructive advice for English cricket Removed
Haha easy there Mrs mangle Removed
Haha easy there Mrs mangle Removed
So the highest rated comment in this thread is by some dude that stated "I hate Aussies, always celebrate their losses"

That is OK by BBC rules. But when I pointed out certain deficiencies in the quality of WC win/debacle, it was promptly removed.

I am starting to understand the rules now.
jimbob update.

I also have no sense of humour

Hi I'm jimbob, I live in the suburbs in a 1930's semi, it has brown windows and floral carpets. My car is a Rover 75 with only 10,000 miles from new, I clean her every weekend. In my spare time I do jigsaws and I'm also currently rebuilding a vintage triumph in the kitchen. You can find me at the local car boot most Sundays. My passion is cricket.
Well done jimbob Removed
Cheers jim Removed
As far as aussie cricketers go jimbob who made his debut back in 74 was easily the most naturally gifted batsman I've seen personally. What are your thoughts? Best player please? Removed
29/12/2020 21:08:58 8 0
Bitter much?! ??
BAT hahahaha, you friends with jimbob Removed
UK PM Mr Johnson is a big fan of India business and cricket, he has a job interview coming up that he is traveling to India for, let us know how he gets on please. This is the only bbc HYS thread open at the moment. Removed
I bet Cummins phobia is causing a lot of anxiety and GI disorders in English camp Removed
30/12/2020 04:17:18 1 3
Joe Burns may be a little out of firm at the moment, there is no question he is a class act and England would have picked him above Cook and Gooch every single time they had a chance
30/12/2020 09:10:15 2 0
Know Steve frustrating yesterday having and day before I even had a reply removed because it offended them ...

Anyway still good to see some fight back from India and keep Aussies on their toes. Plus keep us on our toes too and something to think about when we Tour India.
30/12/2020 10:18:36 2 0
Why no HYS on the dramatic New Zealand win over Pakistan ?
I think with Eoin Morgan playing for them, Ireland would be a much stronger team than England Removed