Who makes your Team GB women's football XI?
01/01/2021 | sport | football | 1,041
Select your Team GB women's football starting XI ahead of the Tokyo Olympic Games.
Who really cares womens football is irrelevant stop pushing it on us BBC.. Removed
01/01/2021 09:13:09 97 19
We are paying for this drivel
01/01/2021 12:04:04 7 7
Yes who wants to listen to some bird who played 5000 times for Arsenal and the FA Cup 500 times when they only played Doncaster Belles. You can see the likes of Shearer and Co thinking who is this nobody.
01/01/2021 12:39:36 7 12
And yet, here you are reading about it and commenting on it! Just skip it if you don't like it, like everyone else does with the sports they don't enjoy.
01/01/2021 12:44:54 12 2
Have you noticed that even though there are extremely few BAME players in women’s football it is never mentioned as a problem. And also when they get one to comment on men’s football, what colour are they
Good start to the New Year by the BBC. Already pushing the radical feminist movement. I am very supportive of equality and of women's football but it should be on a separate women's forum. Already the comments here are dismissive and derogatory. Surely even the the far reaching liberal left at the BBC recognise the are pushing muck up a hill. I guarantee the moderators will be busy. Removed
01/01/2021 09:24:25 30 2
I'm stunned they're even allowing comments tbh. They know what the reaction is gonna be.
Karen Carney as a clueless clown Removed
01/01/2021 09:54:32 47 5
Problem is she's entitled to her opinion - BUT - Leeds get slaughtered for there opinion - so much wrong in our country when you go against the grain - woke women footballers commented on PL football- and again what's she done to make these points 137 caps or something for England in women's football- go girl well done this doesn't make you experienced and knowledgeable in this arena
01/01/2021 12:02:24 1 3
I think you should refrain from using the phrase "clown". Otherwise, spot on. Let's not get too personal.
01/01/2021 12:31:49 0 2
Ian Wright is worse
01/01/2021 15:16:12 0 6
I thought she did a good job, very informative and insightful, better than many male equivalents . I also think her opinions/comments on Leeds style of play and benefiting from a break have some merit. MOT , by the way I watched the game with my son and 2 daughters , all Leeds fans. I think its good that my daughters see and listen to a knowledge female pundit .
01/01/2021 09:50:26 6 27
These comments are so depressing. “I’m supportive of equality but...” I can assure you the word but means you are definitely not.

To any young girls, women, who have stumbled across this comments section - please ignore these comments. It’s most likely grumpy old men who have never achieved anything in their lives. Go play football, go chase your dreams & there will be people who support you
Yes all females ignore little mickey's comments like he asks in his 3rd sentence

If females want to be in sport choose real womens sports like netball, tennis, athletics... literally loads, just not football. WOMEN'S FOOTBALL IS EMBARASSING
01/01/2021 10:53:17 0 4
How can someone get this angry over such a subject - bizarre
01/01/2021 09:58:08 4 24
Some people are a embarrassment to their parents. "women should have a different page/forums". Talk about the dark ages. When I click football, it should be inclusive of women's football. It is football and a lot higher quality then alot of people commenting on here could ever achieve. My little girl loves football whilst my lad does not. Football is football whoever is playing
Should be teaching girls how to cook n clean Removed
I wish England had someone like Alex Morgan playing for them.

A shame she went home, do skillful.

Plus, dare I say it, easy on the eye.
I would go for the "wondering ferret" formation, with just one at the back and nine up the front. It's beautiful to watch with the ladies literally falling over each other. The wandering minstrels and radical liberal left at the BBC just don't get the message that they cant force their radical feminist agenda on us all. I support women and equality but I hate being dictated to with BBC bias. Removed
01/01/2021 10:03:33 4 21
Don’t think that many of the contributions below are from people who have actually watched the women’s game. Whilst there is a discrepancy in the physical side of the game, and sometimes the quality, the tactical aspects, the level of skill from the elite teams is entertaining and sometimes shows more thought than the men’s leagues. Don’t contribute if you’ve not watched regularly!
Who cares about pudding burners trying to play football should stick to netball and rounders Removed
01/01/2021 09:58:08 4 24
01/01/2021 10:37:16 0 14
How many Scots? You'd ask the arrogant English this question? The English who just made the cringeworthy decision to self harm and leave the EU, the same arrogant English who think a full English breakfast is a good idea, even in somebody else's country.
It's amazing just how many inbreds on here are commenting about how little interest they have in women's football whilst actively choosing to click on an article about it, listed on a page where it's outnumbered 40/1 by articles about men's football, and claiming that it's being rammed down their throats by the bbc and their agenda. And if you're annoyed by this comment, then grow up, virgin. Removed
01/01/2021 10:45:00 5 3
Ironically you haven't commented on women's football either.

If you're really interested, post a comment re your favourite players (i.e. actual comment on the article itself). Far more useful than virtue signalling into the ether...
01/01/2021 10:46:29 1 1
A perfect example of the women's football 'defender', well done.
01/01/2021 10:47:33 1 1
Inbreds?

LOL

You just lost any credibility inside 6 words!
01/01/2021 10:52:42 0 1
We click so we can put out opinions over. It would be boring if we all agreed.
01/01/2021 09:29:46 2 1
And Michael 'state the obvious' Owen.
Haha, Michael is the most boring droner out of all of them - and he loves the sound of his own monotone voice to boot! Would definitely prefer a female presenter over him and all the other ex-Liverpool muppets (why are they all ex RS players ffs?) Removed
01/01/2021 09:55:40 23 2
Millions of men are passionate about football

womens football however, nobody knows a thing about it apart from carney & aluko et al giving their unwanted opinion at every damn opportunity

i have heard of lucy broonze, ONLY cos the bbc bring her name up every pigging day

Ive never seen her play and wouldn't want to

congratulations to her- no doubt has 300 england caps
Can I point out the obvious?

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales

Add NI to that and you get Team UK

Fully expect this post to be removed.
Oh you let me have this one. Removed
JKP
01/01/2021 11:02:19 1 2
Can I point out the obvious, the Olympics squad for all sports is called Team GB&NI ...
Can I point out the obvious?

Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales

Add NI to that and you get Team UK

Fully expect this post to be removed.
Oh you let me have this one. Removed
01/01/2021 10:37:16 21 2
Speaking of the BBC's strange new priorities, why do we now get more prominent NBA updates than anything from the Championship or even the entire sport of Rugby (Union or League)?
01/01/2021 10:28:48 17 63
Such ignorance. You obviously haven't watched the best teams in the WSL playing each other this season. Intense and competitive. And keepers like Ellie Roebuck and Sandy McIver are excellent.
Womens football lacks VAR and kneeling political messages about BLM and outing lesbians every week and why poor ickle black women are under-represented in the past-time (sport?)

Until this changes it will never be equal to the mens game
01/01/2021 11:12:14 0 4
Anti racism is political?
Oh how dare you criticise taking the knee and BLM , apparently according to the PL, EFL , SKY Sports and the BBC it makes you a total racist , never mind all that vandalism , looting , murders that followed last summer, everyone should remember that poor man , previously convicted of violent crimes and high on drugs . Removed
Best sports people in family are all women. Aunts have All Irelands from 60s. Cousin has her own Wikipedia

Sat in a pub in Ireland, 2 American tourists came in. Wife of them seemed to be delighted at how quaint and backward we all were

Where are the women? she said.

Back home making the dinner, my cousin said. I spat out my Guinness I laughed so hard

Truth was they were all at a sports match
01/01/2021 10:38:20 56 18
Happy New Year to you Furrowed Brow. Nice post and bang on the nail. The sad part is the BBC are getting more radical by the day and pushing their agenda on all of us. I look forward to the day when the BBC loses its charter. It's now basically a political mouth piece for the radical left and I object to my licence tax being used for an agenda I think is obscene.
Hahahahahaj the radical left Bbc hahahaha the ones who relentlessly attacked the only left wing leader any party has seen for decades?

The BBC who’s top bosses are all heavily linked to, work for, have worked for or fund the Tory party?

Get a grip
01/01/2021 14:32:03 1 8
Precisely. You couldn’t make it up!
Just for once I wish some of these closet racists and misogynists would come clean on what their issues REALLY are.
JKP
01/01/2021 11:02:19 1 2
So you agree with me that the article title is incorrect Removed
JKP
01/01/2021 11:21:26 0 2
I'm wondering why you're making any sort of deal out of this whatsoever. You must be very bored.
01/01/2021 11:14:37 3 2
They're all so nice - I'd pick them all.
Caroline Weir would be my choice Removed
01/01/2021 11:12:14 0 4
Anti racism is political?
01/01/2021 11:15:54 32 4
Womens football is awful but they all want contracts on the same level as men even though they have tiny crowds paying a quid and sponsorship from Billys Builders of Basingstoke ?

Until this changes it will never be equal to the mens game
JKP
01/01/2021 11:21:26 0 2
01/01/2021 11:05:45 0 8
The only one making assumptions is you . No one is forcing you to watch women’s football just like I don’t have to watch snooker or darts or any other sport I’ve no interest in.
01/01/2021 10:45:33 0 3
Bore off.
01/01/2021 10:54:58 0 4
No insults just assumptions. It’s the only possible reason for why I can think anyone would take time out of their day to be so rude about something that does not affect you one iota. If you read through these comments & don’t think there’s anything wrong with them there’s no helping you I’m afraid. All the best
01/01/2021 11:15:54 32 4
01/01/2021 11:12:33 2 1
That’s 7 comments from you.

Get a life
01/01/2021 10:55:45 0 9
It’s called promoting the game not about equality . Eg Ozil probably earns more in a week than the entire Arsenal ladies squad + manager earns in a month , or months even
My son (10)is football mad and loves a good quiz.

The BBC had a "football in 2020" quiz,me and my son sat down to do it.

Gave up when the first (of many) questions on womens football came up,my lad raised his eyebrows and went back to FIFA 2021.

He's raving on about Puskas at the minute,apparently the Galloping Major is dynamite on FIFA !
As much use as what comes out of that woman from the SNP Removed
01/01/2021 10:13:04 25 9
And for football and cricket commentators/ summarisers. Crikey they can talk a good game. One female cricket commentator feels qualified to criticise Jofra Archer who was bowling at 90 mph when fastest ball she will have faced is 65?
I believe it was Amy Lofthouse on a BBC test match text commentary who said that a bowler was on a hat-trick when the two previous balls had been bowled and run out. Removed
Women's football, stick it on the cookery page Removed
01/01/2021 12:02:03 10 1
And the BBC continues to champion women's sport, which is a good thing, whilst cheerleading for the inclusion of transgender women in women's sport, which will kill women's sport.
Did you see that 200 kilo dude playing netball in Australia?

Hilarious.
01/01/2021 12:02:03 10 1
*100 kilo Removed
01/01/2021 12:24:16 15 41
How else to achieve equality without positive action? Inaction and we stagnate in sex deprived misogynist pig world... keep it up beeb.
01/01/2021 09:06:50 133 22
Surprised the BBC is allowing comments here. They stopped have your says on women's football some time ago, because the opinions expressed tended not to fit the narrative they push: that it's all a wonder to behold.
SEXIST BBC promotion of womens' football, a minority sport.
We GET IT that the BBC want to give women's sport equal coverage to mens sport, but there is nothing more sexist than a bunch of men in a focus group at the BBC, deciding to show women playing mens sports like cricket, footy, rugby. Women will always be inferior at these. Did they ever think to ASK women what sports THEY want covered? No
01/01/2021 12:07:49 3 1
Ha! Women footballers. What ever next?
After 4 years of pushing the anti-Brexit agenda, the BBC is able to switch it's public funded pea-shooters to promoting women's football. Whatever happened to Ron Manager and jumpers for goalposts. I'm looking forward to watching the BBC's coverage of transgender wellie-wanging a traditional sport much enjoyed on the Somerset Levels. Removed
Can I ask one of the women on here want temperature do I need the oven on to cook my chicken Removed
01/01/2021 09:06:50 133 22
Whoever it is must be back from kneeling as mine have been deleted Removed
Got issues with players taking the knee? Why? Is it making you a little uncomfortable? Removed
ey up i like watching't women's football, especially when' t Mrs has finished her ironing and washing and put kids' t bed and is now int kitchen out back cooking me pie n chips . Removed
01/01/2021 11:27:32 54 2
It would be better if the Womens football had its own football page where people that want to view that could go to. I got really confused when the main article was ‘Nobbs out for England’ I didn’t know whether this was a charity calendar or some kind of protest until I clicked on the article & it was womens football

"It should also have its own dedicated football show & not part of football focus"

Women should know their place, right?
01/01/2021 12:43:33 4 9
When I watched my first womens game a few years ago at the world cup, it was cringeworthy at best, embarrasing too. So many missed placed passes and so many goalkeeping mistakes. I viewed it as a comedy and had a good laugh. Removed
I love women's football.

Just remember, sometimes someone is given too much power and they get overexcited
All these comments saying women's football is boring and rubbish are from people who have never watched the games or don't have a sense of humour.
Women's football is hilarious, especially the 'goalkeeping'.
I can only guess that Comedy Central don't have the rights to any of it yet.
01/01/2021 13:26:24 3 2
Best watched with the chase music from Benny Hill - Most rewarding!
01/01/2021 13:27:03 1 1
Ha ha. Well said.
Just had my post removed after being posted over 3 hours ago what’s all that about all I mentioned was netball and rounders cmon bbc explain Removed
Some woke activist got offended and the Moderator galloped in on a white unicorn to purge your unaligned thinking. Removed
01/01/2021 13:30:15 0 2
Probably because it's about football, not netball or rounders.
01/01/2021 13:26:58 2 4
I wonder if Dame Louise Hamilton watches womens football. ????
Hopefully Auntie won't be subsidised in near history and all these eejits will feel the real pressure if getting actual jobs Removed
01/01/2021 13:43:57 4 4
? How many more countries should they pick from? I mean, NI isn't even in GB.
That what I said

People wave the Union Flag and 99% don't even know what it means
01/01/2021 14:01:11 3 10
In any other sport women compete the same as men so what's the issue with football? And why shouldn't the BBC cover it? The standard is good and getting better all the time. All the moaners on here - what would you do - have it banned?
Women's rugby is so much better than soccer Removed
Whoever it is must be back from kneeling as mine have been deleted Removed
Yeah, because imo BLM are more like the Black Panthers than MLK. Removed
Have a separate womens & mens football section, great, go to the 1 you want,

Gay teams & their Leagues? great,
Muslim only leagues? if that's what someone wants, fine

but whatabout the millions who follow Championship etc??

and the BBC social engineering goes on......

'Never mind the millions majority, let's get everyone to focus on the dozens minority, because we should, because....'
jmw
01/01/2021 16:29:44 0 1
Er, I guess the millions who follow the Championship already go to the dedicated championship page the BBC hosts, same for EFL1 and 2 as well. Seriously, don’t you know these pages already exist and have done for years? Here’s the link to the Championship page just in case you think I’m making it all up. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship
The best part is the playing of "Innuendo Bingo" with the commentary....... Removed
Such classics as " took it on the chest well" and "straight down the keepers throat " Removed
I'm the biggest advocate of women's sport here, and 90% of my posts get deleted Removed
01/01/2021 15:38:51 1 2
Yeah that editorial about womens jelly wrestling was fantastic. Keep up the good work!??
In Ireland, a country deemed to be backward by many, for many decades women's sports have been celebrated along with the men's

In Ireland it could be argued that women are the dominating sex of the household.

Happy Brexitmas
01/01/2021 15:36:50 5 1
You're Father Ted's assistant yes?
Yet more liberal nonsense being paid for by us and peddled by the Oxbridge self policing BBC telling us not what WE want to know but what THEY think we need to know......And before one of you clowns say"you don't have to read it or comment on it" that is only valid when I'm NOT PAYING FOR IT. Removed
Can anyone smell gammon? Removed
Can anyone smell 'white knight'? Removed
Stop acting like only "gammons" dont like this garbage. You are in a tiny minority of "liberal" fruitcakes who feign interest in women's football because you think you have to for the sake of "equality". Everyone else disagrees. Removed
Can anyone smell gammon? Removed
Can anyone smell 'white knight'? Removed
Can anyone smell gammon? Removed
Can I ask the BBC how as a Licence Fee payer who cannot fathom the coverage of Women’s football when Leagues 1 and 2 are largely ignored, how I may post my views on this HYS without it being removed by the moderators? Surely I’m entitled to voice my opinion as a pay for the BBC.

Many thanks...
01/01/2021 10:38:20 56 18
Have you noticed that there are barely any black players. Why is this not mentioned on the BBC. Of course when they get a female to commentate on the mens game they seem to find a black player . Odd that. Also no calls for all the lesbians to "come out" like there is for the supposedly gay male footballers. Mind you I think you can spot the overly masculine women playing. Removed
01/01/2021 15:49:46 0 2
I wonder if that's because in women's team sport the lesbian players are usually out and proud as it is, so don't need that movement towards acceptance as they are already, high profile footballers like Chelcee Grimes who hosts MOTDx, Sam Kerr, Beth Mead, Karen Bardsley, Viv Miedema, Janine van Wyk and Megan Rapinoe some of the biggest names across the globe.
01/01/2021 12:52:33 15 14
Women are better than men and far more entertaining to watch, at sports like tennis, dance, aerobics, yoga, gymnastics, etc.
Imagine how rubbish a male would be at the 4" beam in gymnastics!
The huge viewing figures of Strictly are mostly because women enjoy watching dancing.
BBC does a huge disservice to women, by NOT covering sports women want to see, but force feeding us with womens' football.
And homosexuals dancing Removed
Listening to Kate Bush, woman's work Removed
01/01/2021 15:01:54 3 4
Ooooh this is really interesting..this will have me thinking for hours about which players & what formation to play. This groundbreaking thought provoking material is why the licence should stay...how else will the EBC manage to attract the level of talent that produces this level of material
If you have ever watched them play as my son and I do for the comedy value I think you would realise that formation is irrelevant Removed
You're all missing the point. If women celebrated scoring a goal by removing their top and swinging it around their heads lots more men would watch, enhancing womens bargaining position for wages & sponsorship deals etc.?? Removed
01/01/2021 15:47:27 0 2
What companies would sponsor them?
Keep it clean!
Jiggle it, just a little bit. Removed
01/01/2021 15:36:50 5 1
You're Father Ted's assistant yes?
Dougall McGuire? Removed
Why do the BBC hate Kate Bush? Removed
Yeah, because imo BLM are more like the Black Panthers than MLK. Removed
01/01/2021 16:05:28 9 4
But it's like watching The Great British Sewing Bee and then finding out that the contestants are not very good at sewing...
Maybe all the England women’s football team could get together & knit a green jumper for the goalkeeper. Removed
01/01/2021 16:18:40 2 1
and a pair of gloves that might help stop some of the soft goals you always see.
Where’s Karen Carney?

If you criticise her inane, thoughtless comments you’re misogynist.
If it’s dirty wipe it clean. That’s the best that can be said about so called women’s football. Take it from someone who knows. Removed
Women's football is great and the reporting by pundits is amazing Removed
Why all the hate? Removed
Women's football is still a minority sport. Look at the attendances. Treat it as such. when female pundits start talking about the men's game I switch OFF the sound. !!! Removed
01/01/2021 16:43:55 3 1
So you leave the sound ON when male pundits are talking?? Blimey!
Women's football is great and the reporting by pundits is amazing Removed
Why all the hate? Removed
01/01/2021 16:24:31 5 11
Full reign to the misogynists and BBC haters. Curious how people blame the BBC because it doesn't reflect their views. Plainly their feeble attempts to reflect society as a whole & to encourage everyone to be treated with equal respect and coverage enrages the sad little men who post about football
Why is it misogynist to criticise women's football, the bbc’s aggressive and relentless campaign to promote it and Karen Carney’s inane, inflammatory comments? Removed
RK
01/01/2021 16:49:53 0 5
Because if you were to criticise all 3 in one swoop it’s natural one may infer that.
Aggressive? One article a day that you don’t have to click on and read if you don’t want to? Interesting definition of the word aggressive. And yes, Carney’s comments were wrong and Leeds were right to respond. The issue wasn’t that, it was in them using Twitter to do it and the damage that then caused their own reputation when ‘fans’ were able to pile in with their own abuse and threats. Removed
If the BBC are so intent on giving equality to womens' football (and also rugby and cricket) even though the interest in it is very poor compared to the mens' version (as shown by the difference in crowds that go to their matches) then why have they not given the same equal coverage to mens' netball (yes there is an England team) as they do to the womens' game?

Equality should go both ways !
Alex Greenwood needs to be fingered Removed
So much racism and bigotry on this hys by gobby gammons. Removed
Really? Please show us then, I'd love to see what the modern day prat's idea of those 2 things look like.

'Not keen on dark chocolate to be honest'
'I don't like my coffee black'

You come across as the type that would cry racist at things as ridiculous as those two opinions.
01/01/2021 17:48:34 2 1
Why are you abusing others?
“ Brighton defender Ben White - an ever-present on loan at Leeds last season - shared footage of Carney's comments along with 'laughing' emojis.“

So the bbc suggesting ben white is an misogynist and abuser because he posted emojis.

The bbc is a big part of the problem.
01/01/2021 12:42:07 16 21
Did that crusty group of sexist old men in that BBC focus group, ever think to ask a woman or two, what sports they'd like the BBC to cover, when they were tasked with coming up with a way to give womens' sport equal coverage to mens?
Women want coverage of sports women are good at, and participate in. Dance, aerobics, tennis, gymnastics, yoga.
No prizes for guessing why Strictly is so popular!
So much racism and bigotry on this hys by gobby gammons. Removed

'Not keen on dark chocolate to be honest'
'I don't like my coffee black'

01/01/2021 17:34:19 0 6
Everyone is free to have their own opinion, but not if their opinion causes offence or discriminates.

Particularly towards vulnerable minority groups.
01/01/2021 17:17:34 2 6
Alex Morgan could easily walk into any premier league team.
01/01/2021 09:54:32 47 5
The wife has great skill with balls Removed
01/01/2021 18:20:25 0 3
"The wife"? Good grief!
01/01/2021 18:20:25 0 3
"The wife"? Good grief!
Good god you have a problem with that now. Removed
See carneys deleted her twitter account

Alright giving can’t take

Shaun dyke
Ian
01/01/2021 17:58:30 3 6
' Just watching Everton vs West Ham. Not the best advert for the beautiful game so far....
01/01/2021 17:48:04 7 2
Good team but unfortunately Mrs Brown is from the Republic of Ireland and wouldn't be eligible to play for GB
If Karren Carney wants to make stupid comments and attempt to diminish the achievements of Leeds United she should be called out. Bad luck and boo hoo. Doesn't have anything to do with being a female pundit but to do with stupid comments. Removed
Absolutely. But read the disgusting and dangerous bbc article - suggesting ben white is a sexist and an abuser because he dared to challenge carney’s comments Removed
Married white man with 2 kids can’t have his say again BBC R Soles Removed
01/01/2021 18:19:42 6 9
A scan of the BBC Sports front page is enough to unveil the complete nonsense of the majority of comments on here. Stories in order from top of the page:
Mens football
Mens football
Mens darts
Mens football
Horse racing
Mens Cricket
American Football
Mens football
Mens football
Womens Football
Rugby union
Horse racing
The irony of those 'not interested' dominating the comments section. ??
Carneys in second now your so out of date alphabet bird Removed
01/01/2021 18:41:23 5 4
Zero - Scotland should not participate in GB team. Bring on independence.
I think you'll find most would welcome the free loading bloodsuckers to leave the UK Removed
I love you all. Women's football is great. Thankyou beeb, you're fantastic. Removed
Lols Removed
RK
01/01/2021 18:51:02 4 6
Judging by all the removed comments it’s great to see how happy a lot of people are, start of the year.
Lols Removed
who's in my top whatever
anyone but karen carney
and thats the tea rapinoe :-)
Funny you should say that, I was going to suggest a crowdfund for a Leeds season ticket for Carney ? Removed
who's in my top whatever
anyone but karen carney
and thats the tea rapinoe :-)
01/01/2021 19:36:27 8 7
I find it strange how the comments attract people with no apparent interest in the subject. If you don't like women's football then you don't have to comment or even read the article. If we all flooded everything we had no interest in then every sphere of life would be filled with negativity, ruining that for everyone else. Why so triggered? Does the existence of women's sport ruin sport for you?
I bet you can find at least 50 comments on what the actual issue is.

Hoping it will register with people like you would be like hoping Stevie Wonder would win a game of spot the difference though.
01/01/2021 20:21:28 10 3
It is obvious by the number of comments that have been deleted that women's football is not popular. Not all comments will have been sexist or offensive a number will simply be blunt about the dislike of it and the constant "pushing" it. People are entitled to express opinions, you don't have to agree with them, but can't just delete them if you disagree or if they don't suit your narrative.
Totally agree yet while some comments have been allowed on here the BBC will still carry on doing what THEY want to do.

Comments on here are really a waste of time as things will not change despite the numbers who disagree with the BBC's coverage of such a minority and amateurish pursuit. My favourite sport, Rugby League attracts more fans than womens' football yet doesn't get the same coverage.
True men know that our strength in our lives come from the women we allow into it.

It's not relevant to this article or woke.

But you know I'm right
Can't believe you deleted that post I made Removed
01/01/2021 23:42:35 5 6
I've just read through the majority of these comments, it really saddens me to see how much hatred and anger there is to womens football and sport.
Women's football should be celebrated and enjoyed equally to men's. Womens football has come a long long way and many women have faced years of prejudice. Did you know that only 1% of football advertisement is given to womens football?
02/01/2021 09:06:42 8 7
Majority of comments here are pathetic - if you dont want to read the article, dont, you wouldn't go to a book store, see a book you're not interested in and complain about it would you. Really need to take a look at yourselves and ask why you're so infuriated, a lot of folk with insecurity problems here...
*Bookshop, not "book store", you're not in San Francisco, sonny. Removed
02/01/2021 09:59:59 0 0
Did you not know it's the American way in life now ... Taking over the world.

Yes cynical comment but hey it's the way we are going and need to stand up to it too.

Americanism slowly killing British sport.
02/01/2021 12:02:22 0 0
Very pedantic who looking throught he comments spends all the time in a bedroom.
Tosh Removed
02/01/2021 10:41:46 3 2
I think this article is about how many clicks the article gets. They won’t read the comments, but will be use as ‘Proof’ that there is interest in the ladies
More deleted comments than owt say no more Removed
01/01/2021 09:43:48 28 8
The bbc not only expect men to know about English womens football, but Northern Irish womens football HA HA HA HA

Men & Women don't watch womens football!!!!!!

It must be concluded that ALL the couple of hundred people that watch WSL each week are bbc employees who draw a short straw and have to go as part of their employment contract

If this is in the womens section nobody will view it bbc!!!!
01/01/2021 16:30:16 15 4
Women’s football is rubbish. With low, low standards and players that vary from not bad to way below average, it is like watching b grade school football. Why don’t we focus on that? A grade Kids football on TV might encourage more kids to play later into their teens.