Covid and vitamin D: 'Not enough evidence' for treatment
17/12/2020 | news | health | 170
People are still advised to take a daily supplement this winter to keep bones and muscles healthy.
17/12/2020 10:25:02 42 2
Not sure this warrants a HYS? Keep taking Vitamin D because its good for you, regardless of Covid.
17/12/2020 11:28:26 16 1
even more important to take vitamin D supplements when people have been indoors more than usual due to lock downs, and so not getting natural levels of the vitamin from sunlight.
17/12/2020 12:15:19 4 1
It's almost as if they don't want you to be healthy
17/12/2020 10:27:40 0 5
Test
There is not enough evidence the recently released vaccine prevents covid.
Or the transmission of Covid.
Everything I have read regards vitamin D is that it likely lowers the severity of a covid infection if your vitamin D levels are good.
Which incidentally is similar to what is actually detailed regards the precious vaccine.
17/12/2020 10:59:02 3 8
Well said Kane, there is no evidence at all that any vaccine prevents any illness. There is no such thing as a virus or a bacterium or any illness including so called muscle strains or broken bones, in fact they are all caused by poor diets. You will find all the facts on social media like Facebook etc.
17/12/2020 10:31:40 15 9
More like not enough money to be made out of it.
17/12/2020 10:32:22 44 2
Vitamin D may or may not help fight Covid, but I've been taking multivitamins for a month or so now because having sufficient of all the vitamins certainly isn't going to do any harm (provided you take the correct dose) and they're cheap anyway.

It's a classic risk versus reward calculation. The cost is low and the reward potentially high.
I think it is only a very small percentage of people who actually have Covid or have passed from Covid-19 in the UK, certainly not to the figures that they have been claiming, which is a massive lie and very disturbing. I know they have been doctoring on the numbers through contacts I have in the NHS, so I wish they would stop this big hysterical paranoia lie spreading "in place to control you". Removed
Tobias Ellwood MP and Chair of the Commons Defence Committee, was pictured at an Iraq Britain Business Council event at the Cavalry and Guards Club in Piccadilly on Tuesday. The MP insisted he was visiting strictly as part of a "business meeting", despite his now-removed online diary entry describing the event as a 'Christmas party'. Removed
17/12/2020 10:50:40 6 18
I think that there has been enough propaganda from the MEDIA with this Covid-19. Things do not add up to me and others. I like how they test this supposed vaccine on the elderly too and so on. They have managed to get Big Brother in place though during all this "designed" crisis as part of losing some of our rights. Not a problem with that, but why they do it in this manner is quite disturbing.
No point in thumbs down you idiots, I am telling you I have contacts in the NHS, especially the dental departments that are literally adding supposed Covid patience to the "Covid" list, but do not have Covid, ok. So GET WITH REALITY, the entire thing is BS, it is blown out of proportion and you lot have allowed it because you are WEAK and EASILY LED. Its a lie to remove your civil liberties, ffs. Removed
17/12/2020 10:51:17 24 5
The younger human body makes about 25,000 IUs a day if you sit in the summer sun in shorts or bikini. The UK/Ireland have a vitamin D winter of about 7 months when the sun's rays are too weak, This is why we get flu and chest infections in winter as our vitamin D levels drop as we run out of it. See Dr Holick's lectures on vit D. 400 IUs is ineffective., it is the same as 20 seconds of sunshine.
18/12/2020 09:38:00 3 2
Correct. It's very hard to overdose on vit d (Which is a hormone). I take 15,000 IUs per day....for years. There are medical studies where 200,000 IUs are given as a dose ....without ill effect. And on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2mLz-Xdpg&list=TLPQMTYxMjIwMjAtZRbMSzOd6Q&index=2 Watch it and learn
18/12/2020 16:24:26 1 0
'This is why we get flu and chest infections in winter as our vitamin D levels drop as we run out of it'

Any evidence of that? The main reason for seasonal flu is of course that pathogens are transmitted more easily indoors with limited ventilation.

Are people here from a cult, or a vitamin manufacturer? Or both?
RTG
17/12/2020 10:53:48 53 3
I thought that.the point for taking vitamin D was not that it stopped you getting covid but it regulated the immune system to ensure that the immune system worked properly, giving you a better chance of fighting it off. A lot of illness and deaths have been caused by the immune system going into overdrive. I've been taking vitamin D since April.
They just want us all to take a vaccine so they can plant a chip in us to track our every move. I’m not going to be that stupid. Wake up Sheeple!
Sent from my iPhone.
17/12/2020 11:04:01 1 2
And you know this how?
17/12/2020 11:08:09 2 2
Idiotic comment posted by an attention seeker.
17/12/2020 10:55:28 60 3
There was never such a claim made. Vitamin D helps with somethings but the issue is that a lack of vitamin D can compromise the immune system and make it less easy to fight infection like Covid.
A supplement is a cheap way of ensuring that everybody has enough and it can't overdose at those levels. It does not prevent infection and I don't think anybody ever said it does.
17/12/2020 12:16:47 25 6
Exactly. This is what the media does now a days, create 'debates' on topics no one even is talking about to create division on purpose
17/12/2020 17:22:19 3 0
I was going to post much the same! Still will just to make the point.
17/12/2020 23:54:46 0 0
Seek and ye shall find. Try youtube.
18/12/2020 20:26:41 0 0
There were various claims from conspiracy theorist who have been tooting misinformation. One of which they kept saying "zinc cures covid".

This report from the bbc is pretty much pointless to report on since it is stating the obvious
17/12/2020 10:57:16 22 6
A group of highly skilled and experienced medical researchers (NICE) determine that a vaccine is safe and effective; and also that the evidence forfor Vit D is inconclusive - why would anyone write in HYS that they know better?

It beggars belief.
17/12/2020 13:08:24 20 1
Nobody is disagreeing with the scientists about vitamin D. They say the evidence is inconclusive, ie. they don't know either way.

What folk, including me, are saying here is that taking vitamin D won't do any harm (at the correct dose) & is a good thing for non-covid related reasons. The fact that it MIGHT also help either directly or indirectly to fight covid is at minimum a bonus.
17/12/2020 15:56:40 2 2
The dosage level is insufficient to make any difference - so of course there is no difference. And scientists also post on here and have differing opinions from the ones employed by SAGE, btw. However, any discussion is absolutely stifles at present - if you ask a question you're in trouble, let alone if you disagree!
17/12/2020 10:32:22 44 2

There is not enough evidence the recently released vaccine prevents covid.
Or the transmission of Covid.
17/12/2020 10:59:02 3 8
17/12/2020 11:12:37 8 1
Yeah, right, smallpox just went away on its own. Who you gonna trust? Scientists who have worked with and studied virus diseases all their working lives or some 12 year old kid on facebook? Take the kid every time. Makes sense. Facebook is so full of facts. (Irony)
17/12/2020 10:59:14 1 15
I spent a lot of time in the sun this year working on my allotment. I felt great all summer. Now that winter is here I feel like crap. I tried taking Vit D supplements and then suffered heightened anxiety and panic attacks after just one week. Threw that crap in the bin. Just try to eat well and don't rely on supplements.
17/12/2020 10:59:38 16 2
I used to suffer badly from psoriasis Dr in uk gave me all kinds of creams but nothing worked when I moved to Hungary the Dr said let us start at the beginning she prescribed vitamin D & it has gone that was 3 years ago still take wonderful vitamin
17/12/2020 23:33:08 4 0
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition so vitamin D may regulate the immune system rather than boosting it
17/12/2020 11:03:11 5 7
Once again the BBC journalists who compose this contradictory article reveal a scant ability to understand scientific language. The article completely muddles another BBC message from a couple of weeks ago. In science there is never 100% certainty.
Mark the reporters report card: " Could do better" ( that would be a certainty ! )
Sent from my iPhone.
17/12/2020 11:04:01 1 2
And you know this how?
Sent from my iPhone.
17/12/2020 11:08:09 2 2
Idiotic comment posted by an attention seeker.
17/12/2020 10:50:40 6 18
As the British Government love acronyms, I find this one to be most fitting:

HHPL or short for "Historical Hysteria Paranoid Lie". I think that is the code name they use for COBRA now as nothing else matters, yeah, no more care for anything else other than the questionable Covid-19 that is a taking of your rights and social liberties, can you not see that yet for what this actually is?. "HHPL"
17/12/2020 11:14:06 5 1
With so much time on your hands, perhaps you should invest it in proper research and educate yourself about virus transmission and the real and genuine effects of Covid19.
17/12/2020 11:12:22 2 5
I'm curious to know why darkly pigmented skin doesn't absorb as much Vitamin D as lighter skin. You'd think it would be the other way around with dark colours absorbing more radiated heat/light and lighter colours reflecting more light. I will go and educate myself!
17/12/2020 11:18:58 0 14
I have a hunch that is proper research was done, we would find that we all absorb vitamin D from UV light in a similar way. Black absorbs light and white reflects light, but nobody is 100% black or 100% white in terms of just colour and politely taking race out of the equation.
17/12/2020 11:28:33 5 1
People with darker skin colours have to spend longer in the sun to absorb vitamin D compared to lighter skin colours. It's pretty well known.
17/12/2020 11:41:15 3 2
UV radiation can be quite damaging so in areas where it's high we've evolved to produce more melanin to filter our those harmful rays which just also happen to catalyse vitamin D production , just as you wear dark glasses in bright sunshine.
17/12/2020 12:32:21 5 0
As I understand it, dark skin colour absorbs sunshine in the outer part of the skin, to prevent harmful UV damaging underlying parts of the skin. I presume this also reduces vitamin D production. I should look this up, but as far as I know, fair skin is an adaptation to living in northern climates, with weaker sunshine, and people wearing more clothes.
17/12/2020 23:35:38 0 0
Google Melanin
17/12/2020 10:59:02 3 8
17/12/2020 11:12:37 8 1
As the British Government love acronyms, I find this one to be most fitting:

17/12/2020 11:14:06 5 1
17/12/2020 11:14:57 3 12
More fake news by good old BBC. The propaganda keeps rollin!!!! As for the comment about taking it in supplement form and it not working.... you most likely had a synthetic form, educate yourself on the 'right' form of vit D and what actually works and for sure you easily get the benefits from taking it, which includes 'helping' protect you from viruses.
17/12/2020 11:15:17 1 32
"those with dark skin (such as people with African, African-Caribbean or south Asian backgrounds)"

If I had dark skin I might be offended at this statement. Whatever colour your skin is you will have evolved to cope with the sun. Stop making everything an issue of race an colour!

Everyone should eat a balanced diet. You don't really need to take any supplements.
17/12/2020 11:26:56 21 2
Offended by mentioning someone's skin colour, what woke mission are you on? The facts are below.

People with dark skin, such as those of African, African-Caribbean or south Asian origin, will need to spend longer in the sun to produce the same amount of vitamin D as someone with lighter skin. How long it takes for your skin to go red or burn varies from person to person.

Get educated.
17/12/2020 11:38:00 2 1
Nope you're either ignorant or being stupid
17/12/2020 11:39:43 5 1
What on earth are you on about? This isn't about race.. it's a scientific fact that darker skinned people do not absorb as much Vit D as lighter skinned people.
17/12/2020 11:16:16 7 2
Have a look at vitamindwiki.com - plenty of studies on there.
17/12/2020 11:12:22 2 5
17/12/2020 11:18:58 0 14
17/12/2020 11:26:10 11 4
Taking Vitamin D is a benefit when there is no sunshine so it is common sense to take multivitamins in the winter months and even mores so with Covid so rampant. The cost of vitamins and omega oil capsules is cheap and the benefits are well proven so a no brainer.
17/12/2020 11:15:17 1 32

17/12/2020 11:26:56 21 2

Get educated.
17/12/2020 11:35:20 1 6
Highly educated thanks. Question everything. Trust nobody. And be brave enough to play devils advocate in order to find truth.
17/12/2020 10:25:02 42 2
17/12/2020 11:28:26 16 1
18/12/2020 21:54:27 0 0
if you were that concerned about getting vitamin D, you would know you can get it from foods.
17/12/2020 11:12:22 2 5
17/12/2020 11:28:33 5 1
17/12/2020 11:31:19 3 7
We are not meant to eat junk food and we are not meant to eat vitamin supplements. Just eat properly, it's not expensive.
17/12/2020 12:27:08 6 2
NHS advice is that it is difficult to get enough vitamin D from dietary sources alone. People do not get enough sunshine to their skin during the winter to make vitamin D, hence vitamin D supplements (at an appropriate dose) are recommended. Other vitamin and mineral supplements are not usually necessary.
17/12/2020 23:42:52 0 0
Muesli in the morning, sardines on toast plus 5 fruits for lunch and anything with green vegetables for dinner. Delicious and nutritious.
17/12/2020 11:34:53 6 8
Will I never, more vitamin hogwash myths debunked to be filed away as rubbish along with Linus Pauling's ridiculous claims over vitamin C a few decades ago. Worry more about your salt, fat & carb intake as that's much more likely to shorten your life.
17/12/2020 11:26:56 21 2

Get educated.
17/12/2020 11:35:20 1 6
17/12/2020 11:42:59 4 1
Sitting on you tube, watching conspiracy videos doesn't make you "Highly Educated" lol.
17/12/2020 11:44:21 4 1
Well you clearly didn't know that people with darker skin find it harder to absorb vitamin D then those with lighter skin. Then you tried to spin the situation saying you could be offended by it? Offended by what?

Stop trying to cause unnecessary friction, I see you've already posted several times in this comment section. Supplements DO WORK, especially vitamin D in the winter months.

Read it - if you want to understand skin pigmentation and vitamin D production in Humans.
17/12/2020 10:55:50 3 3
I had Covid at the beginning of October and recovered after about 10 days, having COPD and Diabetes i was scared it would effect my lungs but it never at all and i put that down to the fact i have been taking 3 Vitamin D tablets a day since early March following advice from Dr John Campbell on Youtube, these findings are wrong and unhelpful when we are in a dangerous place with this virus
17/12/2020 11:57:46 3 8
Mick how did you survive I thought it was deadly to people like you. Wow you must be a living miracle or maybe this thing is not as deadly as they keep telling us. I guess you are not over the age of 80. Anyhow Well done and good luck on your totally expected recovery. I also take vitamin D I dont know why people would rubbish taking something that supports your health
17/12/2020 12:22:49 3 2
I hope your 3 tablets a day is based on proper medical advice. It is possible to overdose on vitamin D, which I believe causes liver damage. My tablets are 25 micrograms, and the NHS maximum recommended dose is 100 micrograms, so I would have thought 3 tablets is a bit close to the limit. Ask your doctor, rather than relying on Youtube.
17/12/2020 11:15:17 1 32

17/12/2020 11:38:00 2 1
Nope you're either ignorant or being stupid
Well, at least I'm not a C%$!. Removed
17/12/2020 11:15:17 1 32

17/12/2020 11:39:43 5 1
17/12/2020 11:12:22 2 5
17/12/2020 11:41:15 3 2
17/12/2020 11:38:00 2 1
Nope you're either ignorant or being stupid
Well, at least I'm not a C%$!. Removed
Sent from my iPhone.
17/12/2020 11:42:16 22 2
But taking Vitimin D is not harmful either as it helps to build up your immune system. For those elderly who cannot get out and take in the sunshine (especially those in care Homes) , I see no reason why they shouldn't continue taking it
18/12/2020 13:24:32 0 3
Vitamin D is in a few forms - the one from the sun cannot be synthesised into a pill, which is why sunshine is important for the body and a D supplement is NOT a replacement!
17/12/2020 11:35:20 1 6
17/12/2020 11:42:59 4 1
No, but sitting on HYS and taking the piss out of people is a lot of fun. Removed
17/12/2020 11:43:23 7 4
Why would anyone think that Vitamin D is a *treatment* for Covid? Surely it's only ever been promoted as something to help people maintain good health? If someone is unhealthy then starting to take Vitamin D is not going to magically fix them.
17/12/2020 11:35:20 1 6
17/12/2020 11:44:21 4 1

17/12/2020 11:46:08 0 5
Everyone is different.
17/12/2020 11:42:59 4 1
17/12/2020 11:44:21 4 1

17/12/2020 11:46:08 0 5
Everyone is different.
17/12/2020 11:48:07 4 1
I'm done, the up and downvotes tell the story. Remember to wash your tinfoil hat from time to time.
I love chaos. I enjoy playing with people. Evil I know, but I am so sick of all this BULLS&^T that I really don't care anymore. I know your right, I just can't help myself when I hear people speak on this platform. so much self righteousness in the western world. I'm never going to stop. Removed
17/12/2020 11:46:08 0 5
Everyone is different.
17/12/2020 11:48:07 4 1
17/12/2020 11:48:18 14 3
All I can say is that I have been taking it for 3 years, and in that time have not had a cold or flu, when I used to get one or both every year before.
17/12/2020 11:53:34 4 10
I have been vaping for three years and not had a cold or flu. You lot will F%$£&^G shoot me down for that though!
17/12/2020 17:43:34 0 0
Same here. I have taken it for 15 years
17/12/2020 11:35:43 9 6
Fair enough. HOWEVER, if we applied the same standard of proof to lockdowns, tier restrictions and masks I strongly suspect that we would come to exactly the same conclusions about their effectiveness. Desperately wanting them to work, and blaming non-compliance when they don't, doesn't make it so.
17/12/2020 11:46:08 0 5
Everyone is different.
17/12/2020 11:58:09 4 0
You get a kick out of trolling and spreading false information? Says a lot more about you and the state of your life, seek help.

You're probably going to get reported now, I hope you have another hobby. Toodles!
17/12/2020 12:15:37 2 0
Boooooorrrrriiiiinnnng .
17/12/2020 11:48:18 14 3
17/12/2020 11:53:34 4 10
17/12/2020 12:27:49 7 1
There is no compulsion to shoot you down for vaping and avoiding illness, but there's a strong temptation to shoot you down for your negative attitude towards other people
17/12/2020 11:57:10 7 2
"Over 100 Scientists, Doctors, & Leading Authorities Call For Increased Vitamin D Use To Combat COVID-19
Scientific evidence indicates vitamin D reduces infections & deaths": https://vitamind4all.org/letter.pdf

Also Vitamin D3/D2 (inactive form) requires magnesium for it to be converted to its active form and due to things like intensive farmimg there is less magnesium in soil/food.
17/12/2020 11:54:28 6 5
Why has a BBC journalist not demanded from the govt a cost benefit analysis of lockdowns or why so many close to the govt have set up companies and three weeks later received huge contracts etc etc yet will publish an article that suggests a claim was made that never was. To recover from COVID and you will, lose weight, get fitter and improve your immune system. More bias from the BBC
17/12/2020 11:58:09 4 0

17/12/2020 10:55:50 3 3
17/12/2020 11:57:46 3 8
17/12/2020 13:19:49 0 0
were hit fairly badly but came through withinn a month - without hospital.4 friends of mine over 80 have made full recoveries from Covid.
17/12/2020 12:00:42 4 5
Lack of evidence for Vit D? What about evidence that Pfizer's vaccine prevents viral transmission/infection? They still don't know nor can they confirm how long immunity lasts. We will have to wait a few years to see the result of the ad hoc cohort study being presently carried out in care homes etc, masquerading as a vaccination programme. Read the running commentary and rapid responses in BMJ.
17/12/2020 12:01:50 3 9
BBC lets us comment on this *one* story. NOT "Bitcoin hits all-time high rising above $20,000". (The worst pandemic in this world is randomly generated number) NOT "French President Macron tests positive for Covid" (...want to bet he doesn't die from it?) BBC thinks us only competent enough to handle vitamin D discussions. Pathetic
17/12/2020 12:03:51 1 4
We now know from the Nature report that folk who have certain genes, are predisposed to getting the severe version of Cov-19. These seem to be prevalent in the BAME/Anglo-Saxon population, less so in the Irish, which might explain why Ireland has had just over 2000 deaths rather than UKs 60,000, 30,000 being in care homes.
17/12/2020 12:05:08 17 3
I didnt think Vitamin D prevented Covid. I have never heard that. I have read several other scientific studies which have shown that those most badly affected by Covid and end up in ITU have very low levels of Vit D. So it may help reduce how badly you get it. The govt are supplying it to care home residents to help with bones and muscles. You have to question why now and not in years gone by....
17/12/2020 17:47:19 3 0
Unfortunately, care home residents will not be getting enough @ 400 - it needs to be 4,000 i.u. daily
17/12/2020 12:10:18 14 3
Not prevent covid-19 but prevent you from bloody dying from it YES
17/12/2020 12:14:31 12 3
Everyone in hospital with darker skin, with covid-19, had very low vitamin D levels when tested, everybody. Obviously vitamin D don't block you from being infected, but you may have much less symptoms and likely will never get into a hospital because of it. The vitamin d you get from food is way less than whats necessary, you need supplements or specifically fortified foods
17/12/2020 12:15:00 5 2
I started taking vitamin D a couple of weeks ago, because the NHS online vitamin advice said that vitamin D deficiency is quite common in the winter -- October to March. If taking vitamin supplements helps me keep fit, I am sure that will help fight off infections. I do not generally believe the "magic bullet" theories going about, so I am not going to do anything silly because I am "protected".
17/12/2020 10:25:02 42 2
17/12/2020 12:15:19 4 1
It's almost as if they don't want you to be healthy
17/12/2020 12:15:37 2 0
Boooooorrrrriiiiinnnng .
17/12/2020 10:55:28 60 3
17/12/2020 12:16:47 25 6
18/12/2020 09:56:28 0 0
Mainly right wing press barons......as ever.
17/12/2020 10:55:50 3 3
17/12/2020 12:22:49 3 2
17/12/2020 11:31:19 3 7
17/12/2020 12:27:08 6 2
17/12/2020 11:53:34 4 10
17/12/2020 12:27:49 7 1
17/12/2020 11:12:22 2 5
17/12/2020 12:32:21 5 0
17/12/2020 12:36:17 19 2
Vitamin D is cheap, many people are deficient, particularly at this time of year.

Will it protect you from CV-19? No one can 100% confirm this.

Will is harm you? No.

Should you take it? On balance, Yes. It is low cost and has other benefits.
18/12/2020 13:27:49 0 1
Vitamin D in a pill is not the same variant as the one we get from the Sun!!! We are constantly bombarded with supplements that cannot take place of nature. But how do you privatise the sun and make it profitable - you convince the public they can supplement the sun in a pill! And... people believe it!
17/12/2020 12:38:35 2 6
I can see the number of people forming kidney stones will dramatically increase. People read these silly stories on chat type websites and think they have a solution to the threat of Covid-19. In some people, vitamin D causes the kidneys to absorb calcium oxalate - 80% of stones are of this type.
17/12/2020 13:01:11 9 1
That's why it's important to take the co-factors, K2 and Magnesium. To prevent calcium excess and to ensure proper absorption of D3. However the normal amounts of D3 that you buy from pharmacies and health food shops are unlikely to have any effect on calcification even without the co-factors. It's when its take in massive amounts that there is an issue
17/12/2020 13:04:58 0 1
You mixed vitamin c and vitamin d. Vitamin d has been shown to alleviate the symptoms of all respiratory diseases.
17/12/2020 13:14:48 3 1
Are you saying that exposure to the sun causes kidney stones?
And when there's not enough evidence, the question is where do you find the rest of the evidence?
The answer is obvious; open up a Have Your Say and read it directly from the people who know everything.
17/12/2020 13:22:54 2 1
Indeed, opinions are given on the known facts, that's why you can go to another Doctor for a second opinion when ill.
17/12/2020 12:38:35 2 6
17/12/2020 13:01:11 9 1
17/12/2020 10:57:16 22 6

It beggars belief.
17/12/2020 13:08:24 20 1

17/12/2020 12:38:35 2 6
17/12/2020 13:04:58 0 1
17/12/2020 13:12:31 14 2
Is it a simply a coincidence that low vitamin D levels are prevalent in the following sections of society: BAME, elderly and obese people and so is severe illness from Covid-19 infection?
17/12/2020 15:21:06 8 1
Actually no, and of course there can be associations, or correlations - it might be covid depletes D, but all the evidence is there at cellular level, and the mechanisms of action for D in regards to immune response have been published. There is little if anything to disprove the value of D in covid, and if nothing else it can be taken as a precaution, just like wearing a mask and washing hands.
17/12/2020 12:38:35 2 6
17/12/2020 13:14:48 3 1
Are you saying that exposure to the sun causes kidney stones?
17/12/2020 13:22:54 2 1
17/12/2020 11:57:46 3 8
17/12/2020 13:19:49 0 0
17/12/2020 14:12:27 9 1
In any infectious state the bodies immune system requires regulation. This is not achieved simply by suppression of the immune response (steroids, NSAIDs etc ) but by the provision of nutrients necessary to counter an excessive expression of inflammatory activity. That is the purpose of Vit D, A, C, E as well as omega 3 fatty acids and zinc.

Ignoring biochemistry only creates more problems.
17/12/2020 14:28:01 3 1
Too late, the cat is already out of the bag and now everyone knows about vitamin D to stay healthy and not die from Covid-19. The evidence for vitamin D is all over the internet if you care to look by very prominent people.
17/12/2020 14:37:51 5 2
It can take weeks to increase serum levels of D, especially if obese. Anyone D deficient needs far more than the maintenance dose of 400iud. There is a risk of displacing Ca but only at levels well above 2000iud. Some supplements now come with K2. There are numerous small published trials from various countries that suggest covid patients deficient in D are more likely to end up in ICU. Why wait?
17/12/2020 14:38:20 6 1
If you look at Dr John Campbell'svidoes on Youtube you'll be able to see peer reviewed research papers about Vitamin D and Covid. Clear evidence presented.
17/12/2020 14:45:06 3 2
Yes JCs videos are generally good and well referenced.
17/12/2020 14:38:20 6 1
17/12/2020 14:45:06 3 2
Yes JCs videos are generally good and well referenced.
17/12/2020 14:51:26 5 1
There is a highly toxic chemical component of farts Dimethylsulphoxide (DMSO), which makes holes in membranes and might possibly reduce the ill effects of cov-19 on the ACE receptors just fancy that. So if you surround yourself in your own fart atmosphere you won't get cov-19 as folk will tend to avoid you anyway. Farts in a sense are a great Social Distance enforcer . Mine clear Tescos in 5 mins.
17/12/2020 15:03:01 3 0
Fun Fact (or should that be Fart) - Healthy individuals pass gas between 12 and 25 times a day. However, it is not uncommon for people to fart more than this, depending on their choice of foods.
17/12/2020 22:09:28 0 0
DMSO is non-toxic clear liquid, it isn't 'highly-toxic' at all. I have a one litre bottle of the stuff in my kitchen. btw I use a fully-grown male German Shepherd Dog to enforce social distancing
tc
17/12/2020 14:53:38 2 2
The media, seems to be UNABLE to say how this virus spreads....Take Brighton & Hove Saturday 28th November..

An unusual day, unique for autumn this year...glorious, cloudless.. warm...& almost zero wind.

11 am & FOUR Kms of seafront was rammo....everything was crazy & little evidence of masks.

18 days on CV figures have risen from mid 40's to 110 +& rising

NORMAL??

People spread this virus
17/12/2020 14:51:26 5 1
17/12/2020 15:03:01 3 0
17/12/2020 15:09:35 0 1
Guinness Farts are akin to Chemical warfare. A raw onion and two boiled eggs before Stout and DMSO levels go ballistic

17/12/2020 15:03:01 3 0
17/12/2020 15:09:35 0 1

as
17/12/2020 20:06:42 1 0
I though most of the old farts were in Westminster.
17/12/2020 15:10:49 1 0
Farts do not spread cov-19. In fact they help prevent its transmission by enforcing social distancing! Mine can clear Tesco's in under 5 minutes.
18/12/2020 07:21:30 0 0
Excellent news Lem, send your CV to Bozo he will put you in Supermarkets that are in zone 3
17/12/2020 15:14:32 7 2
Unless there are medical issues, studies have shown promise for Vit C, Zinc, D, and Ivermectin - which won the nobel prize for medicine on the grounds of both safety and benefits for 3 billion in poorer countries. Some amazing results with covid. The downside is there is no money in it for researchers or big pharma, and RCt's are unethical as patients may receive the placebo and die.
17/12/2020 15:11:27 3 0
Why does Dr Fauci take six thousand IU of Vitamin D3 supplement every day?
17/12/2020 15:52:46 2 0
Because he knows that 400iu is a truly inadequate amount to address Vit D deficiency or do anything else. My GP prescribed 10000iu (ten thousand) to address deficiency, and I maintain at 4000iu daily now. Of course the trials prove nothing, the dosage is insignificant. And one has to wonder why it's set that low.
17/12/2020 13:12:31 14 2
17/12/2020 15:21:06 8 1
17/12/2020 21:02:08 1 1
It can't be vitamin D helping people when they contract covid and it can't be that BAME people have a more frequent deficiency - otherwise how can we blame "inequality and racism" for a disproportionate number of BAME deaths?
18/12/2020 07:59:53 0 0
Prevention is better than cure. I remember as a boy being given cod liver oil to ward off colds during winter. An old wives tale maybe, but it seemed to work.
Covid is brutal form of common cold in my layman's opinion.
17/12/2020 15:11:27 3 0
Why does Dr Fauci take six thousand IU of Vitamin D3 supplement every day?
17/12/2020 15:52:46 2 0
17/12/2020 10:57:16 22 6

It beggars belief.
17/12/2020 15:56:40 2 2
17/12/2020 15:58:14 1 1
Sunshine makes you feel better we all know that and probably is beneficial.
But, Spain for one sorts out why it doesnt cure Covid.
17/12/2020 16:07:09 3 0
Some recent studies discussed by Dr Joahn Campbell on Youtube:

1st October, Vitamin D, news and science

16th September, Vitamin D and pandemic science

12th September, Vitamin D, Large scale studies
17/12/2020 16:18:14 1 3
You cant patents vitamin D and make a massive profit from it. You can with the unproven Mrna pfizer cold juice.

They will make bumper profits thanks to tax payers.
17/12/2020 19:47:26 2 0
The Pfizer vaccine has been as rigorously tested as any of the vaccines we have used for decades for annual flu.
But you're just an antivaxxer anyway, aren't you?