High death rate 'may be starting to fall'
15/12/2020 | news | health | 1,899
Total deaths in the UK have been 20% above normal in recent weeks, but that figure has now dropped.
Can our media take Xmas off please. Thanks Removed
15/12/2020 13:11:51 1 1
Try asking Santa for that- good luck!
This comment would be removed, so I thought I’d save you the trouble!!! Removed
15/12/2020 13:07:22 147 62
The selfish muppets will just do as they want at Christmas irrespective of any rules. We live in a me me society.
Jog on you miserable oxygen thief. Removed
15/12/2020 13:19:38 2 7
Reported
I think people need to start considering that the 'authorities at large' are covertly promoting widespread infection. Convenient way of bursting the economical hot-air bubble and losing a multitude of pension funds through 'natural expiry' of the older generations. It occurs every 10-12 years. This is the mechanic of how 'they' (Anglo-American Oil Mafia) maintain power and control. Removed
15/12/2020 14:10:42 0 0
Rubbish, we have a peculiar flu like illness that a very large majority, particularly people under 45 don't know they have when they get it. It kills the very old and very sick whom we infected to save the NHS. The cure is vastly worse than the disease in terms of effect, and the incompetent leadership of the Western World believed China that lock-down was the answer & so destroyed economies
15/12/2020 13:05:32 126 48
Only the Beeb could possibly caveat good news so heavily.
The question is, why?
15/12/2020 13:05:57 18 29
I've made my plans....I'm not changing them for you or anyone.

Let me know where to send my cheque when they fine me.
We're all going to die someday,enjoy your life while you can,it's only a cold to the vast majority of people Removed
eL
15/12/2020 13:24:08 4 1
Fingers x- for you eh ;)
15/12/2020 13:05:57 18 29
I've made my plans....I'm not changing them for you or anyone.

Let me know where to send my cheque when they fine me.
"Boohoohoo stop restricting my freedom, I want to be a selfish moron. I dont care if it makes me look pathetic and a disgrace to the British people. Boohoohoo" snowflake. Removed
15/12/2020 13:23:25 30 2
Somethings not right
My granddaughter first proved positive early September and is still proving positive as of today
That’s after about 7 tests she has no symptoms
What on earth is going on
maybe, just maybe....the tests don't work and the government is corrupt, and this is all a lie??? just think about it Removed
Only 260 people under the age of 60 have died with Covid mentioned on their death certificate all year - and most had serious underlying health conditions such as morbid obesity.

Some of those 260 died in car accidents or from other non-related sudden death causes.

Rest in Peace.

260. In a year.

260 out of 67,000,000. In a year.

1600 people die every single DAY in Britain.
15/12/2020 13:42:37 3 2
Exactly the MSM are simply not reporting the full facts... How many school children less than 0.1 % .... it is dangerous to the elderly and people with health condition but no more deadly to young than the flu
15/12/2020 14:01:15 1 0
Wow talk about BS. I would love to know where you got your total rubbish data from.
Bob
15/12/2020 14:06:34 1 0
That 's just lies though.
15/12/2020 13:27:03 43 18
This deadly global pandemic has still failed to kill 99.9% of the UK population.
Actually more worried by a tory government - they generally kill more. Removed
15/12/2020 13:59:22 0 0
Coronavirus is a common cold virus (along with Rhinovirus). It appears that a specific genetic factor makes some people's immune systems over-react and leads to death; the rest of the population just have a cold. Time to do genetic testing and protect those with the flaw. Forget about vaccines - they are not effective against the common cold, they mutate too rapidly. Removed
15/12/2020 14:00:22 1 3
Rubbish! COVID-19 isa new virus.
Ooooh Andy, you are sooooo clever. Removed
15/12/2020 14:05:08 1 1
I have never heard such rubbish in my life, what planet do you live on.
15/12/2020 14:06:31 1 1
exactly !! colds , flu ..all differ ..so MH should be prosecuted for FEAR spreading with the wording that Rona has Mutated ..blatant exaggeration to continue the control
15/12/2020 14:22:42 0 1
Have you anyone elderly in your family you wish to gamble their lives on ??
Ooooh Andy, you are sooooo clever. Removed
Oh no...That won't do at all.Matt and the boys will be working on some scam to keep the fear going.Get some out of work actors dressed up as zombies out on the streets and blame it on covid.That should do the trick Removed
15/12/2020 14:00:31 7 5
Handcock should resign after this latest scaremongering in parliament utter bull ,and he knows it the north rates are falling hugely. But witty and co seem to have lost the graphs showing this ,now were all in it together .I think not . up north Christmas goes ahead what ever the head buffoon says stuff your own turkey Handcock Merry Christmas all.
15/12/2020 13:52:32 0 0
So you're a covid denyer then
eL
15/12/2020 13:57:42 3 7
Coronavirus: European nations tighten restrictions ahead of Christmas.

bozo's bonkers britain doesn't.
My uncle was crossing the road one and stood on a drawing pin. It was a very slight pain and it didn't even bleed, but none the less it was a minor injury. As he laughed about it he looked back at us and said what a silly sausage he was and waved as he continued across the road. He was hit by a lorry doing 60mph.

Casue of death? Drawing pin.

Sound familiar????
15/12/2020 14:15:15 1 1
Something made up? Yes it sounds just like these made up hit by bus claims that are repeated to death
15/12/2020 14:29:34 0 0
Bang your posting is silly isn't it. Anti-vaxer as well? Doesn't sound familiar at all. Suggests didn't read the article. Just surprised you didn't attack the BBC as well
15/12/2020 13:12:38 3 11
Despite being on lockdown for 9 months, we have 80,000 excess. Please don’t push headlines like this that encourage Covidiots and anti vaxxers to rant about opening pubs now etc. With the mutation seen in London, it’s clear we are just entering the worse part
Look at the Graph above in this article you idiot, look at the numbers of deaths for the week mentioned 11,856 WERE NOT COVID, of the 3,100 classed as that, how many do you think were 'with' not 'of' it. March & April built up that total & that because we emptied the NHS into care homes, were it would kill. Covid Cultists need to be vaccinated against stupidity Removed
15/12/2020 14:17:22 4 1
Face space hands arse, simple
Don't forget to open your arse to let covid particles escape. Removed
Boris has a 5 day plan to get the numbers back up again Removed
15/12/2020 14:25:52 0 0
Love the post, so true
15/12/2020 14:24:37 5 6
The death rate will greatly increase following the 5 day Christmas period due to government ineptness despite warnings from fellow scientists.

I addition, why aren't all Essex and Hertfordshire got to go into tier 3? If it's anywhere North ALL the county have too?

Nothing short of looking after the Southerners again Boris

Its a disgrace
15/12/2020 14:24:41 6 5
80,000 excess deaths is the real figure here and note very few flu deaths this year either and they are in the normal death rate from previous years. The government has failed us all and lock downs and tire systems have failed and just bankrupted the country .. A Clown in charge of a circus what did we except
15/12/2020 14:24:41 6 5
This farce is fuelled by 2 separate acts of nonsense:

1] Use a PCR test proven beyond all doubt to be only good for one thing: creating false positives

2] Inflate the death rate by adding in all flu and pneumonia cases

If C-19 was anything worse than seasonal flu - would there be a need to do this (all backed up by massive spend on propaganda in the compliant/disgraceful media)?
15/12/2020 14:33:19 0 2
Neither of the above has happened. It’s counting excess deaths which is 80k above an already skewered average.

Now what has killed these people during March/April and November/December that is mainly in areas with high tier 3 levels?
15/12/2020 14:34:45 0 0
Never been a second wave, just the first still going. 2nd,3rd,4th "wave" just Gov, Media "buzz words". C19 is just another virus mankind is susceptible to, just like all the other things that can and do kill people, This is no more remarkable than any other virus, only thing is Hysteria/propaganda wiped up by Gov/media. On a list of things that kill people C19 is way down the list.
15/12/2020 14:38:54 0 0
Total bunkum. There is a respiratory diseases surveillance report that comes out every week- you can read it on the official Gov. website. It differentiates between all the circulating respiratory viruses and measures accurately infections: so Covid deaths are not flu or other forms of pneumonia. Stop pushing fake news
15/12/2020 13:14:41 101 112
You are bad at reading and analysing data, so I would recommend not making public statements about data that make you look foolish.
15/12/2020 14:32:46 4 1
It's almost as if this virus creates an ebbing and flowing pattern of infections regardless of attempts to 'stop' it. Could it be that, short of eradicating it by everyone hiding in a cupboard for several years, this virus will behave like precisely every single one before it, and take its course?
15/12/2020 14:43:19 8 4
Nothing can or will stop me or my children seeing my mother/their grandmother on 25 Dec 2020. Not the Pandemic, BBC, any uk.gov, not the NHS, not the idiots @ BMJ et al, nor anyone else on the planet for that matter. This will be achieved with responsible and controlled behaviour along with use of (paid for if necessary) rapid testing. That is all. Reverse the decision my ar$e.
15/12/2020 14:41:18 0 1
What caused the other 10,800 then ?
15/12/2020 14:43:19 8 4
15/12/2020 15:07:31 8 8
Best step the BBC can take is to stop opening up these virus related articles to HYSs hijacked by what are clearly crackpots, demented headbangers and sponsored foreign agents hoping shift public opinion in a dangerous direction. Most of the general population have faith in our experts, but there is a risk some could come to harm reading the utter shite claimed in many of the comments here.
For months the BBC has been obsessed with the daily death count.

Where are the daily stats for the total number of vaccines delivered?

How many vaccines were given yesterday? 10? 500? 200,000?

No idea.
You t-w-a-t! Removed
15/12/2020 15:07:31 8 8
15/12/2020 15:08:42 3 0
That is a figure plucked out of thin air with no supporting data whatsoever - stop being alarmist
15/12/2020 13:16:34 161 36
100 per cent right,pity the media refuse to give the same story
Top yourself if you want, Tory boy. Nobody going to stop you. It's the one area I'd encourage you to exercise those libertarian sentiments on yourself. Removed
15/12/2020 14:56:56 1 5
I may have a sandwich. I may pick my nose.
As an avowed crackpot and fully paid up member of the Borg (sorry, I mean QAnon) Collective, I demand the right to spout gibberish about a non existent deep state and call for the BBC and indeed all world governments to be placed in the capable and benign hands of philanthropic billionaire autocrats like Rupert Murdoch (peace be upon him). Removed
Murdoch is far too busy cueing up the next president to hunt down satanic blood-drinking paedophiles who frequent pizza restaurants. Removed
That’s it get the whitewash out let’s dress the pig up like a show pony. Got enough of that from those in charge. Why not move over the water you would make great wee Trumplings Removed
I will take the vaccine when the EMA approves it

Not before

The UK MHRA has been got at by the criminal UK government

It does not care whether the vaccine is safe or not
15/12/2020 15:37:18 2 0
Neither do I if it gets me on a flight to Tenerife.
15/12/2020 15:39:11 0 0
Hmm
Bob
15/12/2020 15:25:03 1 0
The thing is if the people that need protecting actually took some responsibility then that would be a start.

Just pop into any town centre at lunch time. I would say at least 50% of people there shouldn't be.
gjb
15/12/2020 13:13:14 278 61
Is it not about time we had a discussion about death and life expectancy in this country. Alot of people who have died were frail or had underlying health conditions and were probably going to die anyway. Sounds brutal but we need to be realistic. Quality of life far outweighs quantity of life, many of my elderly relatives are of this opinion and have living wills indicating their wishes.
15/12/2020 15:36:18 3 9
79,716 'excess' deaths is not simply a tragedy, it is an indictment of the Conservative government's management of the pandemic in the UK...its carelessness, callousness and sheer incompetence. It should not be forgotten in another of Johnson's Tory cover ups!
15/12/2020 15:42:41 3 6
Close down this HYS. Don't open up any more virus related articles to HYS during this epidemic. It's completely irresponsible to fuel the level of ignorance and promotion of dangerous misinformation here. The BBC should have to integrity to do this without a request to do so. Consider this a polite warning, an opportunity to avoid a more formal complaint.
15/12/2020 13:30:02 53 26
It's not about sanity. It's all about control.
Like Brexit then? Removed
15/12/2020 13:17:34 94 18
Not gonna kill gran at Christmas...because she has had the vaccine, and has made her mind up that she wants to see the grandchildren. At 91, covid or no, she knows there aren't many more.
Unfortunately though your gran dodged the reaper long enough to begat one of your parents... Removed
15/12/2020 13:27:12 90 33
Anyone with half a brain knows the PCR Covid tests are not fit for purpose. The number of reported deaths ‘due to Covid’ is therefore a work of fiction. Government Covid policy is based on a totally false premise, but the vast majority still buy in to the MSM line peddled on an hourly basis. A never ending cycle of lockdown/open for the whole of 2021 is looming unless some sanity prevails.
Anyone with half a brain.. so I guess that excludes people like yourself with even less than half. Removed
Boris might well be gone in the new year as the Tories don't like a loser and poor old Boris is way out of his depth. ****s up Brexit and covid that's some success rate for the fat ****ard. Removed
15/12/2020 17:17:23 7 4
Pandemic ended in June.
These are normal winter deaths. Sadly if you're in your 80's with health conditions you're susceptible to any bug going around.
Supposedly there are millions of people with/or had Covid, yet winter deaths and hospitalisation are below a typical flu season.
Lock-down is absolute madness and society will pay a heavy price in the months and years to come.
idiot, there are tens of thousands of excess deaths this year. You are a total liar claiming the pandemic ended in June as deaths and infections spiral out of control across Europe and America. Removed
15/12/2020 13:19:46 8 21
Hancock should be sitting in a cell for Christmas.
15/12/2020 17:44:06 1 0
My grandad who is 97 has refused to have the vaccination
In his words, i’ve got far more years behind me than i have in front of me, give it the front line staff, nhs, fire brigade,, police first, and then everybody else