Black Friday: Next, M&S and Wilko shun sales event
27/11/2020 | news | business | 559
Although Black Friday spending in the UK is set to soar in 2020, some brands won't be taking part.
I still don't know if I should be offended by the name of this day or not.

Maybe it could be changed to something a lot less problematic like 'Non-White Friday' or perhaps 'The Friday of Black Origin'?!
27/11/2020 10:27:08 11 5
I expect we'll be told we're not allowed to call it Friday at all, as it's offensive to the other days of the week.
E3D
27/11/2020 10:28:02 4 3
Not sure sales tags are racist. But I agree. Lets call it non-binary coloured Friday for safety.
27/11/2020 10:28:12 3 3
'Friday of Colour'?
27/11/2020 10:31:02 4 5
Why would you be offended? Do you get offended by other colours or days of the week?
27/11/2020 10:27:36 1 5
Etymology of terms like this is really interesting to read about, I recommend it, and you can start with "Black Friday". Or you can make an ignorant comment like this which tell us all more about your mode of thought than the term itself.
You'd never hear the end of it if it was White Friday Sales!.... Removed
27/11/2020 10:36:11 3 3
AFM - All Fridays Matter
27/11/2020 10:38:33 14 7
If a Pandemic & a unsecure Job market cannot force you to save money, then don't cry why the Government doesn't help feed your kids, dogs, cats, lizards and the rest of the ark.
If not buying durin major discount, then don't cry when you can't feed you're kids/pets.

You moron, you do realise baby food/assortments go on discount too? or do you only pay attention to luxery?
Your a bigger moron feeding your discounted baby food, Dont have them if you cant afford them Removed
If you're going to call people Morons - perhaps start with a spell checker ? Removed
27/11/2020 10:21:22 451 13
Good! It’s unnecessary, made up American nonsense!

Plus most of the bargains aren’t bargains anyway!
Yes, it's just another infection we've caught from the US. Removed
You'd never hear the end of it if it was White Friday Sales!.... Removed
27/11/2020 10:29:11 133 18
As a white male I won't be participating ... surely the name itself indicates that the sales only apply to the BAME population ?

Perhaps the name could be changed to 'complete rip off Friday with no real bargains' ?

And yes, this is an attempt at sarcasm ... I do hope nobody is offended, I wouldn't like to get cancelled before Xmas.
B word Friday is racist Removed
27/11/2020 11:06:22 3 1
No it's not, despite your efforts to suggest it is.
27/11/2020 11:22:33 4 1
Black Friday is just another way of exploiting the poorly educated, in much the same way as the media and political animals do. This jam tomorrow concept is as equally despicable as many of the evils that our Anglo-European forebears are currently being slated for. Exploitation is just the way some choose to do business, laughing about it as they go. Shame on us for allowing it to happen.
idiot Removed

27/11/2020 10:29:11 133 18

That’s the most stupid uneducated comment I’ve ever heard. Ludicrous Removed

A complete farce of a sale. Another American import that panics the consumer into thinking they are getting a good deal on rubbish they don't need. Yanks go home and take Black Friday with you. Removed
China slaps up to 200% tariffs on Australian wine.

No HYS on this. interesting, we live next door to someone who works for a bottling company that does bulk wine for China, this is a tit-for-tat strike because Australia suggested that Covid was man-made, and has been on the cards since summer. Said bottling company is now making sweeping redundancies in the Southwest.
27/11/2020 13:07:45 3 2
A fairly tasteless remark at the end I feel ...
27/11/2020 13:32:52 2 0
I understand the general idea of a wide, synchronised selling campaign. What I don't understand is the attachment of the adjective 'Black' to the noun Friday. Of all colours, why 'black'?
I agree. Surely it should be 'non-white Friday' On the other hand Friday is named after a God of a people who were killers and sexual abusers. So it should be 'Non-white day after Thursday.' Hold on, Thursday is named after another pagan god who was male, so the term is non inclusive... Removed
27/11/2020 13:41:58 1 0
slippers.you the man(to coin another americanism)
27/11/2020 13:44:44 0 0
I know, those Brexithickears won and still moan
27/11/2020 10:22:34 120 175
Christmas is made up as well...
27/11/2020 10:30:25 274 2
I saved an absolute fortune last Black Friday.
I didn't buy anything...