Coronavirus infections levelling during England lockdown
26/11/2020 | news | health | 2,219
But in Scotland infection rates appear to be rising, according to Office for National Statistics data.
I'm in tier 3 because the wider geographic area has large concentrations of people of Pakistani origin. Next to no cases in the area I live in. Where is the economic or medical sense in this? Removed
26/11/2020 12:22:44 12 0
Racist.

I know you're not but I'm auditioning for a job as a BBC jornalist.
26/11/2020 12:24:44 0 0
Yes, it does hit those subjected to prejudice doesn’t it?
IJB
26/11/2020 12:17:43 42 127
Total lockdown required again, it's the only way
fcough Removed
26/11/2020 12:17:36 18 13
Are the people demanding we stay in lockdown the same people who demanded we stay in the eu?
PRAT Removed
26/11/2020 12:28:15 4 10
My message to brits from China (where I can see how they deal with COVID effectively and efficiently) IS

ALL of you, STAY at your terraced houses and DO NOT go out unless you desperately need food or toilet rolls

THROUGHOUT the Christmas

OR

Lockdown 3 will be issued as soon as Christmas ends
Seriously....you give the disease to the world....and mock ?

You people are scum.
Lockdown's should be like women's skirts, long enough to do the job, but short enough to keep us focused. Removed
IJB
26/11/2020 12:17:43 42 127
Total lockdown required again, it's the only way
You've just heard how badly the economy's been damaged by the lockdowns. And you still want more of them. Just how desperate are you to f**k things up for the next generation? Removed
26/11/2020 12:51:00 25 8
He's probably a pensioner who sat with his tin hat and sh!ting himself in case he gets the virus or one of the ignoramuses that has been furloughed since March and thinks it's all one big holiday paid at the expenses of the British tax payer, i.e. you and me.

We need to sack Whitty & Vallance and make the sensible decision to get the country back to normal whilst protecting those most vulnerable.
26/11/2020 12:09:30 61 33
EVERYONE IN YORKSHIRE SHOULD TRAVEL TO LONDON FOR A PINT....JOHNSON IS A DISGRACE...LONDON HAS HIGHER INFECTION RATES, BUT GOES INTO 2......
26/11/2020 12:57:11 6 5
Summer , you cant mix indoors but can eat out.
Apparently because covid knows when you mix.Pubs are safe.
Winter/ Christmas, you can mix indoors but cant eat out.
Apparently because covid knows its Christmas. Pubs are dangerous.
This is not about public health or well being otherwise we would be in full lockdown.
You really are an idiot Removed
26/11/2020 13:26:56 0 1
It's called ignorance and arrogance or plain denial
"Five gold rings...". Er, that's it. Removed
26/11/2020 13:09:07 0 0
Hope you've disinfected them.
Bob
26/11/2020 12:13:09 231 64
So when London is ok everyone else needs to lockdown

and when London was not ok everyone else still needed to lockdown.

Says a lot.
Time to overthrow this corrupt and inept Government. Removed
26/11/2020 13:44:10 7 10
The democratically elected government which won an election with a massive majority only 12 months ago?
26/11/2020 13:47:59 6 5
You tried that during Brexit and still the Tory GOV was elected through a landslide victory.
26/11/2020 12:41:47 10 8
I didn't hear it in the announcement but can I now assume it's perfectly legal to punch anyone in the face who isn't wearing a mask whenn they should? I couldn't give a rat's *** whether they are effective or not - people who don't wear them will not be observing any other guidance and are directly responsible for the situation we're in.
If we are cutting down Foreign Aid, I hope that includes Scotland too.

The English end up paying for all the free stuff Scotland gets - I believe the English have had enough of that...
26/11/2020 13:18:48 2 1
How does it feel to be an ignorant bigot?
26/11/2020 12:54:13 5 4
Useless

R number was told level off........then rose again in summer leading to Lockdown 2

Looks like lockdown is part of normal life of Britain?

Well, you get a clown as your leader, thanks Americans woke up and got rid of another clown
Reposting because this is important

To all the government tr0lls out there.... Please check out the Tom Woods lecture at the Mises Institute, he confirms what a lot of us have been saying for some time. Note: YT have now censored this video
26/11/2020 12:43:53 192 162
We've reach the limits. Being an island we should have followed Taiwan and New Zealand. Locking down hard and fast and making sure any and all travellers into the country are isolated for 14 days.

But we didn't because gammons be all "oh my rights!"....the 50k that died where were their rights?
We left our airports and ports open during which time 18 million people came and went without any testing or tracking.
That was Patel's dept. but she was on a beach in Dover trying to drown refugees.
26/11/2020 12:15:55 263 27
How many people will pass through the doors of Meadowhall Shopping Centre weekend after 02.12.2020.....and the pubs/restaurants have to remain closed ?

Lunacy.
26/11/2020 13:18:52 37 53
People in the North get what they vote for. You can't vote for the Conservatives and then complain about them profusely, and expect everyone else to be sympathetic. Whatever happened to individual responsibility?

If you don't like it then you shouldn't have voted Conservative.
26/11/2020 13:47:22 8 2
Given large numbers of the intellectually challenged will be getting together over Xmas to celebrate with their nearest and dearest it will at least give them the opportunity to say a last goodbye face to face with granny and grandad.

They say patience is a virtue it's notably absent from the populace at large given a vaccine is not too far away and potentially a game changer for Easter. Shame.
The current highest rated comment, is by TommyGunn who feels the 'total number of infections is meaningless - with the profile of the people catching it which is important'. I could only smile. Ho hum.

There is an idiot moron from hell driving a souped up little white box of a car with broken exhaust and amplifying mufflers, over Drayton Green bridge on Drayton Bridge Rd. The driver must die!
26/11/2020 14:38:27 0 1
I'm in tier 3,everything that has been booked is now cancelled,the list goes on.What do you mean,why?
26/11/2020 15:26:29 10 5
We need a new vaccine

One that vaccinates people falling for Johnson's lies

After his all too predictable mishandling of the epidemic we are in a far, far worse position than similar countries

Yet far from leadership he continues to resort to tactics of hatred and division to meet his own ambitions for power

When Covid ends we need to Tory party to bring the grim era of Johnson to an end to
It's Hancock that gets me.

Can just picture him in an SS uniform.
Can we see the percentage of Bame people and students in the tier 1 areas please? Not seen many in Doc Martin on tv. Removed
IJB
26/11/2020 15:39:03 3 8
Don't forget what problems the students created, they are heading home soon and will again ignore all the guidelines, therefore they will cause more problems, teir 3 for all, cancel Christmas and control the spread
fcough and die. Removed
IJB
26/11/2020 15:51:42 0 1
Very poor grasp of the English language obviously a student
26/11/2020 12:35:22 10 27
Did you vote Tory?
Did you vote for anti-Semitic terrorist sympathiser Corbyn? Removed
mc
26/11/2020 15:50:18 7 4
I have terminal cancer and about 6 months to live. thank you govt for ruining what rest of my life i got trapped in my house.i hope you can sleep at night
26/11/2020 14:35:35 2 3
THE HEAD BUFFON LIVES THERE, THATS WHY
26/11/2020 12:38:51 124 50
And for many of us, the "lockdown" is not over.

I appreciate many will want the overly cautious approach, but many like myself, simply can not continue to live under constant illogical restrictions.

All that seems to change is the message or the terminology, but the net result is always the same, BEING TOLD WHAT I CAN NOT DO BY A BUNCH OF BUMBLING IDIOTS TIME AND TIME AGAIN.
What a selfish attitude. The restrictions are there for the protection of you AND OTHERS from a dangerous virus until the vaccine is available for everyone. Just think who the bumbling idiot really is! Removed
mc
26/11/2020 15:50:18 7 4
Maradona was and always will be, a cheat. Hand of God? No, hand of cheat! Removed
26/11/2020 16:36:18 2 0
Let it go mate, some 34 years have passed under the bridge since this happened, and he is now dead. Time to move on maybe?
26/11/2020 16:15:50 4 6
Privileged pensioners? Is that code for closet racists, given your comments regarding China?
26/11/2020 16:53:12 2 4
It is evident from what we see in the press and on TV that many people are either too stupid or ignorant to take sensible precautions against getting or passing on the infection by following the basic rules of face protection and 2m distancing.

What planet are they living on, I wonder?
your mummy can get you a face mask, us adults choose when to wear one
Grow up
To all those who want to label people anti vaccers have a read of this

And then take your place in the queue for the jab ahead of me please.
26/11/2020 17:20:01 0 2
The biggest red flag is how they knock it together in 6 months. Proper trials take years.
We need more euthanasia in the UK. If you are vey old and have covid it has to be an option.

We also need mass nationalisation of pensions.

You voted blue now pay the price. No this isnt fortnite but it can be sometimes.

Hand over the gold!
26/11/2020 18:26:51 2 3
Gordon Brown sold off our gold at the bottom know as "the Brown Bottom" clown!!
Rebel now.

Otherwise we will sleep-walk into a Global Dictatorship courtesy of George Soros Bill Gates et al.

We also need mass nationalisation of pensions.

We need mass open detention covid camps as well where people should be detained indeinfnatley with 1 vent for every occupant.

ReOpen the country i want my life back, missing uni nights.

Sick +Tired of bankrupting the country for saving a few old raisans!!
26/11/2020 17:31:16 4 2
Utter nonsense from HMG again.

I'm giving up now.
In the words of Martin Niemoller:

First they came for the Jews, but I did nothing because I'm not a Jew. Then they came for the socialists, but I did nothing because I'm not a socialist. Then they came for the Catholics, but I did nothing because I'm not a Catholic. Finally, they came for me, but by then there was no one left to help me.

Why wait until it effects you. Protest tomorrow
27/11/2020 04:48:50 1 0
I tried listening to Boris yet again, but he has just totally lost me.
He gets it wrong every time, its very doubtful he will ever get it right. We all know this latest one wont work , so really its all about the next plan they will be making up .