Covid tiers 'a mortal blow' to hospitality
26/11/2020 | news | business | 2,780
One bar owner says 'it simply isn't viable' to operate under restrictions as English tiers are revealed.
The current format of this forum, defaulting to “Highest Rated”, distorts the general opinion. It accentuates a few single points (mob rule!), relegates less popular ideas, works against new ideas and suppresses plurality of viewpoints.

The “Highest Rated” should be dropped, or at least become non-default, and I’m going to spam the Beeb until they get it right, and hope everyone else will too.
26/11/2020 15:59:11 19 17
And Khan has just said Londoners have made 'monumental sacrifices'. Just London then? Nowhere else at all? What a ridiculous and pointless individual he really is.
He's a monumental idiot, the rest I can't write on here as the language is choice!!! Removed
26/11/2020 16:07:07 3 6
The best will survive, the bad will look for bailouts. If it was a viable business before Covid-19, it will still be afterwards.
You're not very smart are you? Removed
26/11/2020 16:10:29 2 1
Oh get a life, mostpmost are covid safe, I've seen it with my own eyes, I bet you haven't been in one to see what measures have been put in place.
I think the BBC is consuming hospitality and hospitals.
Hospitals are bearing the burden of Covid.
Hospitality better spelt as Hostelry , or Hostility is really an Oxymoron as there is nothing Hospitable about an English Pub.
Usually frequented by Rascist Right Wingers , Mysogynsts or worse still , Pubs are the ruination of The English.
Owned and run by atavistic corner sayers.
Of the worst kind !
26/11/2020 16:27:40 0 1
Wow you really are a better not say it as bound to break rules...……………..
Maradona was and always will be, a cheat. Hand of God? No, hand of cheat! Removed
26/11/2020 16:30:19 1 1
Didnt know he ran a pub?
26/11/2020 16:30:29 0 2
Most who get to the Top are . cheats that is take.
Lance Armstrong
Boris Johnson
Dominic Cummings
Donald Trump

Perhaps it is just in the nature of things that the rest of us are suckers
26/11/2020 16:30:50 1 0
He died "with covid" I heard
26/11/2020 16:31:30 1 1
Yeah, that's about pubs.
26/11/2020 16:31:44 1 1
What has this got to do with the pandemic? Prat!
26/11/2020 16:09:08 6 21
I suppose "all of them" is too much to hope for?
Sanctimonious prick! Removed
26/11/2020 17:01:23 3 1
I do not think it is just the issue of alcohol and the annoying behaviour of some people who think they are "enjoying themselves" - I think it is the issue of people visiting too many pubs and bars in a short time. If they were to be required to pre-book visits and have a maximum of one registered pub per person per week or two to three per month maybe things would be different.
26/11/2020 15:53:23 177 212
You're right, those other places shouldn't be open either, especially Gyms!
vin
26/11/2020 17:19:44 4 15
Alcohol is a dangerous drug, worse than heroin and cocaine. its about time these legal drug dens were shut down for good. It would save the NHS and tax payer millions.
Shit up you clown Removed
vin
26/11/2020 17:22:05 1 1
26/11/2020 17:19:01 11 4
Suicide rates at all time high. Livelihoods lost, businesses decimated. A whole generation deprived of months of education and socialising. A nation driven into it's darkest hours of debt so that Gladys, aged 91 can have 1 more Christmas.
You really sound like a heartless idiot. Removed
vin
26/11/2020 17:25:05 3 9
Alcohol more dangerous than heroin and cocaine

Close all the legal drug dens down.
No one is interested you crackpot Removed
26/11/2020 17:26:33 4 10
Pubs and bars are too many in city centres
and they are prime spreading and breeding
grounds for Covid -19 spitting touching bar
surfaces using toilets then back to a crowd
where music is loud drinks flow people spit as
and sweat while communicating close together
under ultra violet light you would see it all

It has to be done they have to remain closed.
What about people meeting up? What about schools, what about hairdressers, what about cafes and restaurants ffs? Why pick on pubs? Removed
Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr Hitler
If You Think We're On The Run?
We Are The Boys Who Will Stop Your Little Game
We Are The Boys Who Will Make You Think Again
'Cause Who Do You Think You Are Kidding Mr Hitler
If You Think Old England's Done?
26/11/2020 16:18:40 56 11
.... presumably says the person who's blatantly never been to a gym then. Well ventilated, distanced machines, keeping people healthy so that if they do get infected it has no major affect. The (am I allowed to say it these days?) fat, lazy, slobs are the ones that are keeling over from this - of course its nicely packaged as "underlying health issues" so as not to upset!!
26/11/2020 19:01:38 10 2
Not many people mentioning the hard working taxi drivers who not only get stabbed , punched , kicked , slapped , verbally abused , have to clean up people's sick and what comes out of the other end , the same taxi drivers that have had 4 months earnings taken away earlier in the year but are having it done to them again with no support from the government whatsoever
26/11/2020 19:29:08 5 13
Sorry to the landlords but I believe this is a good ruling.

I had first hand experience of pubs just before the tier system. People refusing to wear masks, refusing to stay at their table, refusing to wash their hands after the toilet and then smoking in the doorway and breathing their second hand smoke over the innocents!

Clear the problems up and then the pubs will reopen.
There'll be none left fool Removed
Who are you calling a fool Knob%$£D! Removed
There'll be none left fool Removed
Who are you calling a fool Knob%$£D! Removed
26/11/2020 19:31:12 0 8
I also believe that using cash spreads the virus even quicker but so many people refuse to use electronic payments or simply don't trust that form of payment.

Are they right or do they need convincing of the safety? I don't know but I haven't used cash since March! I'm fine!
I've used cash since March and also fine - what a knob Removed
PRICK! Removed
26/11/2020 19:26:19 4 3
Can you imagine Churchill saying - well Liverpool you have to stay in doors for 6 months in 1940 but Manchester you can come and help the war effort. What rubbish you talk
Yes i can and he`d of held a iron rod to the scum to do it!!!!!!!!!!! Removed
I've used cash since March and also fine - what a knob Removed
PRICK! Removed
26/11/2020 19:44:48 0 1
you certainly are - a much better description. Thank you
We need more euthanasia in the UK. If you are vey old and have covid it has to be an option.

Do you want an NHS BED? or a Euthan JaB?
We need mass open detention covid camps as well where people should be detained indeinfnatley with 1 vent for every occupant.

ReOpen the country i want my life back, missing uni nights.

Sick +Tired of bankrupting the country for saving a few old raisans!!
26/11/2020 19:47:38 1 0
Ha Ha! If that's not selfish what is?
26/11/2020 19:48:46 1 0
Yes, OK. You first.
26/11/2020 20:00:14 0 0
A bit like Logan’s Run, when you get to a certain age you get zapped.
MORE UTTER BOLLOCKS FROM BOZO'S MURDEROUS REGIME Removed
26/11/2020 19:55:31 8 3
Thank the media for the hideous 'tier-system' and constant fear-mongering. I'm very grateful that I live right out in the sticks and have no worries about masks. I visit a local pub (very well hidden) and enjoy a quiet jar, guess what, not one known case? A lot of people have been duped by a fancy influenza bug with a 'fancy' name. 0-1%, doesn't precisely fill me with dread. Thank you.
26/11/2020 19:37:33 4 1
for years the newer pubs have just been a haven for people who go out to get wrecked.shots,specials etc.the government encouraged this.(more tax)pub owners made money,staff made minimum wage.drinking culture encouraged by anybody who was to benefit of it.and the piss heads can just go to a/e to threaten staff,throw up.what was a societal problem,now becomes(through covid) a problem for owners etc.
Actually, many had people had their best memories in a pub, im guessing you dont have any good memories because your a sad old fart Removed
26/11/2020 15:53:23 177 212
You're right, those other places shouldn't be open either, especially Gyms!
Idiot Removed
The best thing that could possibly happen is for someone to assassinate every last politician in the country. We don't need any restrictions; the virus is trivial. I teach at a college with 3000 students, no confirmed cases. It's been blown out of proportion, to usher in a new era. The restrictions are not about the virus, but control. Removed
26/11/2020 20:12:07 1 1
A college teahcer who's also a conspiracy theorist? Bad combination.
26/11/2020 20:15:47 0 0
I hope you teach gym??
FFS, Tier 3, might as well call it lockdown BoJo you clown. Removed
26/11/2020 20:07:02 24 3
Why as a nation are we accepting these dictators controlling our lives? In the summer 1000s ‘protested’ about the death of a man they didn’t know 1000s of miles away yet we all seem to be accepting this assault on our freedom with a whimper.
26/11/2020 20:39:52 2 1
Wonder if you will say the same thing when you are a pensioner. A few pensioners fought in the war for the likes of you ?? shame on you. Hope your mother and father are proud of the person you have become NOT
26/11/2020 20:35:20 10 5
I didn't vote for this party. I can hold my head up high. Those of you who did and are suffering. Life's a bitch.
The alternative was Jeremy Corbyn, I hope you're not Jewish. Removed
5 months of mask wearing, increased transmission and a second lockdown. Maybe they don't work Whitty you halfwit? Removed
26/11/2020 20:41:30 4 3
Lock down and mask nonsense didn't work so the solution of the "scientists" - lock downs and masks!
26/11/2020 20:21:13 2 0
Could do a lock in where is it
Hopefully your nearest nick you idiot Removed
It's obvious to me this re elected Conservative Government is running the UK into the ground.
Obviously because of the 2016 referendum because the Establishment knew better.
They will get a BREXIT trade deal and tie the UK to the EU then be deselect from Government and leave whoever is ELECTED to pickup the pieces
26/11/2020 21:32:56 1 1
Voters like you got us in this mess BREXITEER!
26/11/2020 20:58:01 9 4
So Bojo claims the new Tiers strike a balance. Not many reading various reports agree with that statement. I voted for a Torrie government based upon Brexit. If was based on Covid. It would be a different story. If they don't change the top table prior to the next GE. They won't have it as easy. The PM and some cabinet members are shambolic.
26/11/2020 21:28:00 6 2
It's clear now that with pub closures continuing in England that Wales must close its border to stop the masses from the East crossing the bridge for a pint.
I doubt anyone would be so desperate as to cross into bandit country. Removed
26/11/2020 21:42:30 8 4
As a former miner, don't tell be about losing jobs.
Stop moaning. Jobs and economy recover. When your dead your dead. Man up, suck it up and get on with it. Bunch of whingers.
26/11/2020 21:50:37 9 2
We should never have locked down at all. The benefit would have been a far lower long term cost for the NHS as all the old and weak would have passed away. So long term the virus could be considered to benefit society. Remember Darwin's theory "Survival of the fittest". Still applies today.
Adi
26/11/2020 22:11:52 0 11
I say let them open, they will get what they want but then we should allow people to sue them when they catch Covid-19 as a result of what they want
Idiot Removed
Everyone would rally around Bojo if he wasn't such an insipid cnut that exists for the benfit of himself and his chums. He needs to be in prison for all the tidy little deals he has done with his Eton mates. Removed
26/11/2020 22:30:50 2 0
Your right mate , their politicians because they are incapable of doing a proper job , public school chinless idiots, soft hands and brains, loads of inheritance , no clue on normal life
26/11/2020 22:18:31 4 7
Tory brexiclowns amaze me. All comfortable with Blojo saying "**** business" for a pointless and destructive fantasy Brexit.
All having tantrums about some business having to temporarily close for a few weeks to save, literally, tens of thousands lives.
Never trust a brexi-tory.
26/11/2020 22:09:36 9 4
I will do what I like, when I like, not just at christmas but before and after. All this lockdown nonsense has to stop and STOP NOW!!!
You're a cock Removed
It’s a total nonsense. If you’re at risk or concerned, stay home. The rest of us let’s crack on. They can’t arrest us all. Removed
What about the classic “car showrooms have to close but not car rental offices”
Me no understand logic of white man ??
26/11/2020 23:00:16 0 0
it could have been a black woman who made the rules for all we know
26/11/2020 22:48:55 8 4
The only mortal blow here is to freedom and the lack of mass disobedience to this exaggerated hoax.
Words from the crooked mouth of GlaxoSmithKline shareholder, Sir Patrick Valance "It is possible as the vaccines work and puts PRESSURE on the virus". Words from the crooked mouth of Bill Gates sponsored Chris Whitty "Leave this in the hands of the regulator, the EXCELLENT MHRH" proof these actors are either deranged or corrupt! Removed
26/11/2020 23:24:14 2 0
And deluded
26/11/2020 23:32:56 1 0
Corrupt I'll go with
Anybody ready for mass civil disobedience? Removed
26/11/2020 23:23:17 0 0
I have a spud gun ready
26/11/2020 23:23:33 0 0
No. If they are get the Army out.
26/11/2020 23:23:38 0 0
Cue Army
26/11/2020 23:23:11 5 9
BBC you are fake news
Defund now. Ratings are plummeting as they show themselves as the loathsome propagators of the authoritarian hell we are sleep walking into. Removed
26/11/2020 16:08:23 40 108
They are luck to be open we need to get this pandemic under control otherwise everything is going down the pan
The BBC have done it again. Propoganda scaremongering film about the 1918 pandemic because right at the end comparing 1918 with covid and saying the actions of a few were to blame for covid spreading and implying parliament is to blame. If you delete this post BBC I will make an official complaint. You are getting worse as an organisation and should be ashamed. Removed
26/11/2020 23:43:19 2 1
Oooooh ??
26/11/2020 23:53:55 1 1
I think you will find the 1918 flu pandemic and the number of deaths it caused is established historical fact - not scaremongering. The film portrayed well how viruses spread out of control unless strict rules are followed on social distancing and hygiene until vaccines come to our aid - it’s hardly propaganda is it
27/11/2020 00:09:47 0 0
Other news websites and forums are available!
My comment “Anybody ready for open revolt?” Has been removed.
Yet you prioritise employing pedophiles??
26/11/2020 23:43:39 6 1
Your village is missing you
5 pedo’s have down voted ???? Removed
26/11/2020 23:53:38 1 2
The fake news BBC are getting so twitchy now with the "remove" button, you've only got to mention a bit of dissent, or a former DJ hospital worker or five Golf telecommunications and that's it. Censorship like never before. This means they're scared!
26/11/2020 23:58:01 1 2
They even removed my name...
26/11/2020 23:58:40 0 1
God knows why JS was ever employed by the beeb in the first place - he was a crap presenter
My comment “Anybody ready for open revolt?” Has been removed.
Yet you prioritise employing pedophiles??
5 pedo’s have down voted ???? Removed
26/11/2020 23:23:40 4 5
Schools need a circuit breaker to stop the rising infections get them out earlier for Christmas let them home learn for a few more weeks. Yes we should care for the elderly and those at risk but children are the future. Not all of them get a mild illness.
@U17902314
RE: "They even removed my name"

What? Sambo?
27/11/2020 00:08:50 9 2
We used to be a Nation of Shopkeepers now we are a Nation of Beer Swilling Football Hooligans! Get a Life! Explore the Countryside, read a book listen to good music!
I think therefore I am!!
I go out littering every day, to annoy the well heeled middle class toffs Removed
27/11/2020 00:19:08 1 0
And I bet you voted for Brexit.....................
27/11/2020 00:25:28 1 1
1 up vote for pinching my phrase in your last sentence.