NHS staff to get free parking amid virus outbreak
26/03/2020 | news | politics | 863
A petition signed by 400,000 called on the government to thank NHS staff by axing the fees.
26/03/2020 11:43:56 22 42
@46. Smithy4U "January 2020 … Coronavirus breaks out in China … Taiwan implement measures to protect its population … our PM implements his Ostrich impersonation … three months later … free parking … he needs to stop thinking like an Ostrich" .....and you need to stop talking like an idiot. Still, seeing as this is HYS it's only to be expected. Removed
26/03/2020 12:13:02 5 5
I see some snowflake had my post #77 removed by the mods. Obviously the truth touched a raw nerve! Ok, so the mods don't like the word 'idiot' being used when referring to someone so I'll use the word 'fool' instead. The sentiment still remains the same though!
Another day, another HYS and as usual, regardless of the story's subject-matter, the Boris-bashers are out in force. Ok, you lot, why don't you just come out with it and say Coronavirus is all the fault of Boris? I'm sure that's what you'd love to do if you thought you could gain votes on here! Pathetic people! Removed
26/03/2020 12:08:19 9 15
104. Posted byNight Owlon Just now Another day, another HYS and as usual, regardless of the story's subject-matter, the Boris-bashers are out in force. ---- It's OK sweety. You've been caught out as a selfish old man who votes Tory. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
The NHS could also redeploy resources away from unnecessary areas that the indigenous British people do not need like FGM, Ebola, etc and redeploy these resources to what the British people need. Removed
To Alan N.82 What a sad person you are! Removed
I have one thing to say to people..... STOP GIVING MONEY TO STREET BEGGARS!! THEY ONLY USE THE MONEY TO BUY DRUGS AND ALCOHOL! They are now harassing essential workers travelling in Manchester City Centre for money. NEVER GIVE MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE - EVER! THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE THE STREET WHILE YOU FEED THEIR ADDICTION. Removed
The NHS already gets around £200,000,000,000 every year from British taxpayers. It is the third largest employer IN THE WORLD. Yet it cannot protect us from Covid19, with a mortality rate of 1-2% (Ebola is 50%). Instead we are facing economic Armageddon by staying at home "to protect the NHS". Funny, but I thought it was meant to be the other way around, that they should protect us. Obviously not Removed
@265 Ronnie P You are either a troll or else a very very strange individual. Removed
26/03/2020 13:13:13 9 2
@265 Ronnie P My son is a 3rd year student nurse working on the frontline to protect people like you. He is not being paid and on top of that, he is paying £9,250 per year because he is the first cohort to lose the NHS bursary. I sincerely hope you do not need their valuable and lifesaving support.
@265 RonnieP It seems your idiotic comment is getting record down arrows. Well done! Removed
26/03/2020 13:38:56 12 2
265. Posted by RonnieP on The NHS already gets around £200,000,000,000 every year from British taxpayers. It is the third largest employer IN THE WORLD. Yet it cannot protect us from Covid19, with a mortality rate of 1-2% (Ebola is 50%). Instead we are facing economic Armageddon. Oh dear! Someone who is worried more about money. Someone who doesn’t understand the nature of diseases
I have one thing to say to people..... STOP GIVING MONEY TO STREET BEGGARS!! THEY ONLY USE THE MONEY TO BUY DRUGS AN ALCOHOL! They are now harassing essential workers travelling for money and being abusive Manchester City Center. GIVING MONEY TO STREET BEGGARS IS GIVING MONEY TO ORGANISED CRIME - GIVE FOOD BUT DO NOT GIVE MONEY! Removed
267- Totally agree,where we live there are loads of Romanians begging in the streets, used to give but now never as saw one woman getting up and getting into a brand new Range Rover Velur with blackout windows and her replacement sitting down to where she got up.They are not homeless by any means as my sister in law works at a homeless shelter and has never seen a Romainian in there, total con Removed
WARNING - Street beggars harassing essential workers for money in Manchester City Center! I have one thing to say to people..... STOP GIVING MONEY TO STREET BEGGARS!! THEY ONLY USE THE MONEY TO BUY DRUGS AN ALCOHOL! GIVING MONEY TO STREET BEGGARS IS GIVING MONEY TO ORGANISED CRIME - NEVER GIVE MONEY TO BEGGARS! Removed
Not this one but some of the BBC headlines would be better suited for the tabloids.. BBC need to give us factual news not over the top views.. Removed
26/03/2020 13:21:49 0 0
Rightly so.
@313 johndoe Idiot! Removed
Does anyone else think that 'Ronnie P' is an attention seeker with the sole intention of getting as many down arrows as possible? Removed
This crisis brings out the best and worst of us. I see it didn’t take long for the BBC to find it acceptable to brand Christians as homophobic. The cuts can’t come soon enough. Removed
26/03/2020 14:56:38 9 1
466. Posted byAdrian Clarkeon 29 minutes ago This crisis brings out the best and worst of us. I see it didn’t take long for the BBC to find it acceptable to brand Christians as homophobic. ------ Many are, some aren't. As for cuts, maybe they could start with "Songs of Praise" and "Thought for the Day". Keep your fairy stories to yourselves.
26/03/2020 15:14:18 11 4
466. Posted byAdrian Clarkeon This crisis brings out the best and worst of us. I see it didn’t take long for the BBC to find it acceptable to brand Christians as homophobic //// Many are. They tend to be the ones who cherry pick from the Bible to support their own views.
466. Posted byAdrian Clarkeon This crisis brings out the best and worst of us. I see it didn’t take long for the BBC to find it acceptable to brand Christians as homophobic Thanks for an unchristian massaging of the facts. It was one story about 2 rabidly religious parents who blanked thier child simply because He was Gay. Do you think the BBC should have covered it up maybe?. Removed
466 Adrian Clarkeon This crisis brings out the best and worst of us. I see it didn’t take long for the BBC to find it acceptable to brand Christians as homophobic. Doesn't the "good book" say gay men should be put to death (Leviticus 20: 13). If it's the word of your "god" you can't cherry pick. The book that Christians use as their guide is certainly homophobic, & contradictory & muddled. Removed
I'll tell ya what. Me being right handed Scrolling down the comments. I hope I've never accidentally liked some of your comments ?? ???? Removed
Good to know it only took a pandemic for the government to stop being greedy, cash grabbing scum bags. Utter filth. Removed
26/03/2020 15:11:26 11 0
Re 519 It's the hospital trusts, not the government, that charge for parking at hospitals, less a nice fat fee to the firms they use to enforce it of course
Wake Up Call to UK Pop Nurses don't pay for daily parking... Its auto DEDUCTED from their monthly salary, even if their car is off the road. That is how scandalous this is. Yet NHS still pays £1000 a month, per gay men, for the drug PrEp, so that they can have unprotected sex. Removed
Meanwhile the Tories refuse to go in with the EU to buy ventilators because they've given their Brexit supporting buddy Dyson the contract to supply 10,000 of them (even though he doesn't manufacture them!!). Follow the money and there we have the true reason for Brexit for these shallow money grabbers - and they use this global crisis to cash in yet more!! Removed
26/03/2020 16:11:11 0 3
595. Al the Staff Re: exploitation of Coronavirus alert It’s human nature. Personally, I got fed up with working in the public sector for next to nothing. The whole public sector has the ‘willing horse’ syndrome. If I can exploit toilet paper, hand wash, pasta, tinned tuna, I will and to hell with the rest of you.
UK government refuses to tap into EU sources for ventilators although being invited to take part. I am literally lost for words. Well, one word does spring to my mind: Manslaughter... Removed
#614 Foes beggar belief doesn’t it? Hancock clumsily sidestepped the question on TV and the interviewer allowed it.
Will that include those NHS staff that are working on that essential service needed by the British that is known by the acronym FGM? Removed
26/03/2020 16:08:29 8 2
594. Posted byBijou drainson 2 minutes ago I would say it was 1979, on or about the 3 May 1979 at a rough guess --- The UK was in desperate trouble, bankrupt, strikes, rubbish piled high in the streets and a Government run by un-elected union bosses, are you saying that the UK lost the plot when they decided to kick out Labour and we should have continued as we were?
607. Rufus T Firefly I would say it was 1979 The UK was in desperate trouble, bankrupt, strikes, rubbish piled high in the streets. I run a small business, in my accounts every year I include assets. the UK was not bankrupt. We had massive assets, water, electricity, rail, steel, shipyards, telecoms, etc. All sold off to Thatcher's spivs, I remember I was there (tell Sid, etc.) Removed
My comment at 614 got downvoted by some. However, BJ govm refusing EU ventilators although offered is for me on the same scale as some tinpot dictator of a third world country refusing food aid during a famine. If you agree with this behaviour, you are putting Brexit above peoples' lives. Sorry, I cannot agree. Removed
It is beyond belief that they don’t get free parking but then this is the greedy selfish vile Tory Britain that you voted for, again. You all disgust me. Removed
26/03/2020 16:54:25 2 8
676 johnny1812 “... this is the greedy selfish vile Tory Britain that you voted for.. “ Nothing to do with the last Labour administration who used PFI more than any other party before or since and as a consequence the NHS staff were charged to park at their places of work then? I believe that the type of person who tries to make political capital out of this tradegy is somewhat subhuman!
26/03/2020 16:45:09 4 12
667 Labour introduced and encouraged PFIs. But sure, them vile Tories. Probably guessing you believe they "murdered" 250000 people as well?
673 But sure, them vile Tories. Probably guessing you believe they "murdered" 250000 people as well? ***** Look up how Thatcher sent the SAS to advise and train the khmer rouge and you might just crawl back under your bed through disgust and embarrassment. Removed
Macron on brink: France turns on president over coronavirus plan – damning polls Makes Boris seem like a saint. More than half of the French population disapprove of Macrons governments handling of the coronavirus crisis some 56% thought Macrons handling of the health crisis was anything other than poor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnJ3f6zmSuo Removed
26/03/2020 17:33:59 7 0
708 puds And still you can’t let your hatred of Europe and Europeans go, and what exactly does your opinion poll about macrons approval ratings have to do with free staff parking for NHS workers in the midst of a pandemic ?
26/03/2020 18:26:41 2 2
The land belongs to you and me. MAKE IT FREE TO ALL!
729 Questi no, it doesn't fool check the law it all belongs to the queen she merely lets you use it Removed
There is something the world leaders are not telling us about this so called virus, there is a cover up on a world wide scale going on Removed
26/03/2020 22:31:42 2 0
778 I suspect the same. I also wonder how it really started. You never know it might have been natural... Spanish flu in 1918 and Asian flu in 1956, killing somewhere between 1 and 4 million were both it seems natural mutations. But the 2 year timescales and the vast deaths of those two pandemics suggests we have a lot more trouble ahead
Do hospital trusts expect applause? It's like Jack the Ripper expecting praise for not slashing women any more. Removed
27/03/2020 09:55:03 7 1
792. Posted by Bertie Do hospital trusts expect applause? It's like Jack the Ripper expecting praise for not slashing women any more. Apart from the above abhorrent post, noted you've been complaining about not being able to drive to walk your dog in your village as it adds another few minutes to your walk. You must be such an asset to your community.
Todd The Father wouldn't have the balls to be a policeman, fireman or nurse. Removed
I see the odious stain on humanity Mike Ashley is quickly trying to save his business after his grossly misjudged bravado. Removed
Coronavirus: Sports Direct boss 'deeply' sorry for virus blunders = I bet he is???? And I also 'bet' that Mr Wetherspoons is 'sorry he told his staff to 'go get a job at Tesco, and cried into his profits because the off-licence's are still open. 2 careing sharing Leave Leading Tory supporting 'a****s' Removed
So, that didn't take long for Corbyn/McDonnell to politicise the worldwide epidemic and claim 'he was right' - don't you remember the kicking the British electorate gave you a few months ago. Typical and predictable. Removed