PM thanks 500,000 who have signed up to help NHS
25/03/2020 | news | uk | 2,948
The role of volunteers will be "absolutely crucial" in fighting coronavirus, says Boris Johnson.
Good old British Grit. No wonder we conquered so many people like the Scottish. Removed
25/03/2020 12:21:20 6 4
697. Posted byWash Your Handson 2 minutes ago Good old British Grit. No wonder we conquered so many people like the Scottish. --- Wash Your Hands, are you trying to get rid of the grit on your hands or is it in your eyes?
25/03/2020 12:21:50 8 2
Of 250k volunteers a very small number May have malicious intent - ie most people are good and honest and just want to help. Let’s put it in perspective and stop the fear-mongering. If you are concerned, volunteer to make sure those types are kept in check.
25/03/2020 12:22:10 7 1
In life there are givers and takers. Power to the givers.
25/03/2020 12:27:03 2 4
703 Toe2Toe In life there are givers and takers. Power to the givers --- Unfortunately life doesn't work like that, despite the parable on the mount It's the takers, the powerful who have aided and abetted this
25/03/2020 12:22:20 12 11
If the UK government need help, they can pay for it. I think its utterly disgraceful they want people to risk their lives, volunteering, and not offer a penny. Its literally work for nothing. The trouble with capitalism, sooner or later you run out of other peoples labour.
25/03/2020 12:31:16 11 3
704 Tony Weston I think its utterly disgraceful they want people to risk their lives, volunteering, and not offer a penny. ----- I trust in times of need you would then refuse help of a charity.
25/03/2020 12:25:29 7 1
704 You criticise capitalism and then go on to say you won't do anything for free! Thankfully not everybody is like you.
25/03/2020 12:22:30 4 6
Hoarders are one thing. Panic buyers quite another. I always buy groceries weeks or even months ahead; life experiences has taught me to do that. Consequently I do not now have to join long queues or fight for food in packed shops with infected people I hope all of those who are able to do the same will do so in the future
25/03/2020 10:25:01 13 15
Marvellous stuff! There always be an England, you know!
25/03/2020 12:22:41 11 4
80 Chooch Marvellous stuff! There always be an England, you know! --- Geology, the passing of time and entropy say otherwise
25/03/2020 12:22:41 9 5
With regard to the Prince Charles business - I'm no great fan of his and yes, he probably has used privilege to get preferential treatment, but if he has, he won't be the only one. I also suspect that if it were one of the more "popular" royals - i.e. the ones who haven't been subject to tabloid witch-hunts, the reaction would be far more sympathetic!
25/03/2020 12:22:51 13 4
I have real concerns over this. Given that frontline NHS staff currently are in many cases not provided with correct PPE, what chance is there for volunteers. I just don't see how that many people can be mobilised without a significant risk of increased transmission. It goes agains the whole stay at home policy surely?
25/03/2020 12:23:11 3 1
Well done to all of them!
25/03/2020 12:23:41 10 4
Quite why the BBC would describe Balmoral as "Home" for Prince Charles is rather misleading. Its his Holiday home in the highlands, his being there is hardly a good example to those members of the general public out there who were being criticised for doing the same thing in the past week !
25/03/2020 12:26:23 3 5
710 One rule for the elite, another for the rest of us. Yet, we’re the ones going around shaming each other, at the media’s and parliament’s behest! We really are a moronic race in this new millennium.
25/03/2020 12:24:52 7 3
One word Thank you
25/03/2020 12:34:27 2 3
@711 Sorry to be pedantic but thank you is 2 words. I hope you take this response as banter as not meaning to offend. I totally echo your response.
25/03/2020 12:24:52 15 12
@697 The scots were never conquered by the English, that's why there is a treaty of union. in fact it could be argued that with James VI becoming the king of England that the Scots conquered England instead
25/03/2020 12:28:24 2 5
@ 712 Posted by hawkshound "The scots were never conquered by the English, that's why there is a treaty of union. in fact it could be argued that with James VI becoming the king of England that the Scots conquered England instead" Remind everyone who James I / VI great grandmother was (I'll give you a clue, Mary Tudor, sister of King Henry VIII of England)
25/03/2020 12:25:02 7 13
I will volunteer to help victims of Black Death if de pfeffel goes and takes his flaming brexit with him
25/03/2020 12:25:32 10 4
80% POPULATION HERD IMMUNITY The Government's plan is for 80% of the country (54 million people) to get Coronanvirus so that herd immunity is in place. Same with the new flu strains every winter. But in a controlled manner and with enough NHS beds. Some of the 600,000 NHS medics will work on CV. The plan is NOT ... that we don't get. We are meant to get it at some point.
25/03/2020 12:25:32 12 2
the behaviour of some people recently had led me to seriously lose my faith in the public and common sense in general. This goes a long way to restoring it. Let's have more positive news like this instead of the doom mongering. Stay safe everyone.
GTB
25/03/2020 12:26:13 2 16
Lol, you can tell there's plenty Scots on here today. My previous comments got 15 down votes already.
25/03/2020 12:32:37 8 1
716 wash your hands Probably Brits that aren’t interesting in your racism.
25/03/2020 12:26:23 17 3
697. The British conquered the Scottish? Did you get that from the big Daily Mail book of 'facts'?
25/03/2020 12:23:41 10 4
25/03/2020 12:26:23 3 5
25/03/2020 12:22:10 7 1
In life there are givers and takers. Power to the givers.
25/03/2020 12:27:03 2 4
25/03/2020 12:06:21 6 38
25/03/2020 12:27:23 4 0
667. Posted by me on 16 minutes ago Where are the british army now ? They are needed in the UK not some other country --- Some have been recalled. Flown back by the RAF.
25/03/2020 12:27:44 10 2
When this is all over the world has to force China to put it’s house in order. No more powdered rhino horn, ivory or eating unsafe forms of meat. No more going through the motions by the Chinese government but real action to permanently change people’s behaviour. If it does not do so then all nations should seek to isolate the country in every way possible.
al
25/03/2020 12:12:55 3 2
Question should we all volunteer to help without knowing if we have virus? Only rich like Royals getting tested. We tested just over(100,000 people and just under 10,000 have it).I think if we could prove we don't have it we could all help, but are volunteers going to be tested? Why can't we just pay them or re-employ people who wan't to work? YOU can have no or mild symptoms and still have virus
25/03/2020 12:28:14 2 2
@688. Posted by al "Question should we all volunteer to help without knowing if we have virus? Only rich like Royals getting tested" First point: Like NHS staff volunteers should be tested. Second Point: Tested if showing symptoms and ill enough to need medical attention - as was the case with Prince Charles
25/03/2020 12:24:52 15 12
25/03/2020 12:28:24 2 5
25/03/2020 12:28:24 8 2
From Witchell’s commentary: “The duke and duchess arrived in Scotland on Sunday. Charles had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.“ Mild symptoms over the weekend? So he decided to travel on Sunday? To his holiday home? One rule for one.
25/03/2020 12:29:15 3 4
So social distancing doesn't actually work - it merely reduces the probability to a "deemed" acceptable level. This whole process is really just to protect the NHS from the surge (which it gets from flu for which we've had not lockdown) and the NHS staff for whom we have designated the risk of catching the disease as too high a risk. It's all maths and with the lack of evidence guesswork.
25/03/2020 12:36:29 11 0
@ 725. James Please, stop wasting your time, expertise and talent on HYS. Step away from your keyboard and get on the phone to the Government to offer your expertise. If they really are guessing and you have all the answers, you owe it to us all to share your knowledge for the good of yourself, your family, your community, the nation and mankind. Do it now; there's no time to waste!
25/03/2020 12:29:15 3 2
Fires, floods, viruses, and...? We all know...money? The global economy is too highly indebted and no billions and trillions of loans are going to help. America is heading for a 1929s depression. Not my view only, ask the finance houses!
25/03/2020 12:34:42 6 0
726. Colin "America is heading for a 1929s depression. Not my view only, ask the finance houses!" OK... and in what way is this comment of any help right now?
TJ
25/03/2020 12:29:35 2 7
25/03/2020 12:32:06 4 1
@727. TJ how comes if your name is Charles you get testing with mild symptoms then? two tear testing system based on social standings.. ?!?! …. there was me thinking this might be the great leveller... stupid me !!! --- You can be tested now if you have £350 or a credit card. I'm sure Charlie can afford it.
25/03/2020 12:29:35 1 1
I volunteered and it's great to see a quick and huge response from everyone. I appreciate a point made below though - where there's a risk the one ones we are trying to look after could well get infected from a volunteer. Another point made was that volunteers are not going to be tested and i'd agree with that when a surgeon can't get a test! It's a bit of a catch-22 situation. Any ideas folks?
25/03/2020 12:30:25 5 2
@"Hoarders take note" The government are asking people to shop less frequently How the * are you supposed to do that if you aren't allowed to buy a little more than normal? V. recent research found shelves are NOT empty because of stockpiling, but because EVERYONE was just buying 15% more than normal Which is perfectly reasonable if you're trying to follow the advice Quit Shaming
Hex
25/03/2020 12:45:24 16 2
@729 V. recent research found shelves are NOT empty because of stockpiling, but because EVERYONE was just buying 15% more than normal ---- I wasn't and neither was anyone I know, fact is some people were filling trolleys to overflowing, in other words stockpiling
25/03/2020 12:30:45 4 0
"697 Wash Your Hands Good old British Grit. No wonder we conquered so many people like the Scottish." At least with the lockdown, you will have plenty of time to brush up on your history. ??
GTB
25/03/2020 12:30:45 0 13
In fact it could be argued that with James VI becoming the king of England that the Scots conquered England instead" == That was a wonderful dream you just had.
25/03/2020 12:31:06 3 2
The Treaty was to do with the fact Scotland was broke and needed a bailout, the English obliged, maybe 300 years on that was a mistake?
25/03/2020 12:15:06 3 0
Signed up last night and can't wait to start. When it's all over just remember the shops that increased prices and the stupid day trippers from last weekend/panic buying morons - name/shame and blank/boycott them all.
Go to work. Don’t go to work. Only go to work if you’re a ‘key worker - from the Govt’s key worker list.....for the avoidance of doubt this is the one it never produced. Go to work only if you can’t work from home....but you don’t have to be on the key workers list that wasn’t produced.... McDonalds, you listening? Brexitory Govt......a model of clarity.
25/03/2020 12:16:06 2 0
559 Patriotic Paradox "Go to work. Don’t go to work" ...and when exactly did you last go to work? Hats off to the people who have volunteered...it's probably the most reassuring thing that has happened so far! ——- Great post Anglophone but sod all to do with my post about Govt incompetence. Already stated that it’s a heart warming contrast to what we’ve witnessed.
25/03/2020 12:18:06 3 0
I respect the NHS, I am currently a health & safety advisor for local environmental health However I'm confused with the mixed message from the government - we are all to stay home to control the spread of the virus & for our own health, but now they want 250,000 people to ignore it & volunteer to assist by travelling about? how are these people protecting themselves & their families?
25/03/2020 12:12:55 4 2
25/03/2020 12:18:06 0 0
689. Posted by barca on 4 minutes ago I would like to volunteer but I live in Wales please sort something out so that people like me can help local people. I was also on the Enhanced DBS Update Service which expired last December. Please look at doing something to sort this out too. Thank you. NO, Why don't YOU look instead of expecting others to do it for you!!!!
25/03/2020 12:20:06 3 4
As some1 in Cov's 'target audience', a mighty thumbs up to all volunteers. The sad other side to the coin is having a dithering liar get his dictatorship. Pity we can't get a Unity gov't in place.
25/03/2020 12:09:33 17 8
25/03/2020 12:20:06 1 10
676 ummagum 421 Eddie Mercury You want 'China' to apologise? Has anyone heard America apologise for sending 'Spanish' flu over from Kansas during WW1? . After all the thousands of deaths, China must impose strict measures on their wet markets and any other uhygienic practices China has to take the blame and take measures to prevent this happening again Spanish flu is history
739. TennisGuru After all the thousands of deaths, China must impose strict measures on their wet markets” In 2016 the Food Standards Agency found one in seven UK restaurants failed food hygiene standards. On a 0 to 5 hygiene rating, 1,400 businesses rated “0” - which means they “urgently require improvement”. Suggest you focus closer to home before having a self indulgent rant at China.
25/03/2020 12:22:16 4 0
As an extremely vulnerable person, can you please stop using the supermarket online delivery service if you are able to do your own shopping? That would be the biggest help to me. I understand this comment but we need to be careful. The Prime Minister asked people to use online shopping services. What we need is vulnerable people to be given priority, not for able people not to use them.
25/03/2020 12:31:16 7 2
The best asset this country has is it's people. There are some who sadly fall out of this, but they are assets who we dont want.
25/03/2020 12:22:20 12 11
25/03/2020 12:31:16 11 3
25/03/2020 12:35:18 6 0
742. Posted byAverage-UK-Maleon I trust in times of need you would then refuse help of a charity. The NHS is not a charity. It is fully funded by the government, who have the power to create money at the touch of a button, at no cost. Putting Corona aside, there are people dying of malnutrition. They need money.
25/03/2020 12:31:46 1 2
You virus deniers are the danger within
TJ
25/03/2020 12:29:35 2 7
25/03/2020 12:32:06 4 1
25/03/2020 12:32:06 6 2
I think when NHS staff are getting their protective equipment from Wickes and B&Q, we can definitely say that the People and the NHS have NOT been safe in Tory hands.
25/03/2020 12:32:06 4 4
Imagine, anyone who visited a food bank, otherwise face starvation, COULD have been paid to help out with the NHS crisis. You know, part of pulling yourself back up by the bootlaces. but the government has said NO. We want volunteers, those who wish to risk infection, their lives, without any payment. I think something similar happened in Russia when Chernobyl went up.
25/03/2020 12:32:06 57 4
Single man with bottle of hand sanitizer would love to meet single woman with toilet rolls for good clean fun.
Andre 10 minutes ago I wonder how many will commit suicide and kill their partners and neighbours as a result of this self isolation —- I wanted to throttle my over reactionary, fear junkie mother on two occasions already. I just sigh and count to ten instead ?? Removed
25/03/2020 12:32:06 6 1
>> Achilleson >>Most of them hoping it will get them early access to the shops in nhs hour. What an odious individual you must be...
al
25/03/2020 12:32:37 3 0
we have limited trained Nhs workers and police so people may be needed to train to do nursing. The question is what does volunteer do and could they be trained to do nursing? The name volunteer could mean multiply things and by not paying, its wrong. Total lock-down now to stop government having to borrow billions to pay for what could have been stopped in two weeks lock-down on week one.
25/03/2020 12:32:37 4 2
We will see where all this panic will get us. One thing is certain the world of 2025 will not be the same as the world of 2015. This disease could hang around for a decade or more by which point it will be a case of "let's party like it was 1347" as the economy will utterly collapse and no society is more than three meals from collapse
GTB
25/03/2020 12:26:13 2 16
25/03/2020 12:32:37 8 1
716 wash your hands Probably Brits that aren’t interesting in your racism.
25/03/2020 12:32:47 2 0
These are extraordinary times, you cannot run anything on the basis every day will be an extraordinary event. And speaking... where my father (retired), brother, several dozen uncles, aunts, cousins are doctors, the above is true.
25/03/2020 12:32:57 9 7
25/03/2020 12:39:14 11 2
754. Reality "Boris' answer to everything is 'as soon as we possibly can' and that's simply not a good enough response." When you have finished building your time-machine, which allows things to be done faster than is currently possible, I'm sure that Boris and the rest of us will be very grateful.
25/03/2020 12:33:37 7 0
whilst 1000's selflessly sign up to help the NHS, Travelodge which receives millions from the Government, turns homeless and vulnerable families onto the street .. see guardian website here ... homeless-travelodge-residents-turned-out-on-to-street-coronavirus (BBC does not allow me to give full url links, for some reason)
25/03/2020 12:33:37 2 6
" I also suspect that if it were one of the more "popular" royals" The reason he isn't one of the more "popular" royals is, I'm afraid in large part, of his own making imo. I'm not sure I know a single person who think he will make a good King, and I do know many who would much prefer the succession to skip him and go straight to William.
25/03/2020 12:33:37 5 3
You can almost hear the cogs whirring in the minds of the board members of the big supermarket chains..... “If we phrase it in the right way.....”
25/03/2020 12:33:57 9 6
I'm sure Boris will take the opportunity to deduct this figure from his promise of 50,000 extra nurses. The man spaffs and nothing is ever delivered.
25/03/2020 12:24:52 7 3
One word Thank you
25/03/2020 12:34:27 2 3
25/03/2020 12:31:16 11 3
25/03/2020 12:35:18 6 0
25/03/2020 12:35:48 4 2
I think we need that herd immunity Johnson advocated, if a couple of hundreds of old people die, let's be it says Johnson and cumming and the virus will magically disappear anyway with the nice weather... their stupidity could be funny but I could cry at the moment
25/03/2020 12:35:58 3 4
TennisGuru After all the thousands of deaths, China must impose strict measures on their wet markets and any other uhygienic practices China has to take the blame and take measures to prevent this happening again —- Wet markets have NOTHING to do with this. Another myth. “Spanish flu is history” What an idiotic response ??
25/03/2020 12:43:33 1 1
@762 - please check how this virus entered the global system - how, why and what could have been done. Check the reports from Dec/Jan, dyor, from accounts and come to your own conclusions. There is cause and reasons why information and initial lab results were not shared, possibly destroyed. DYOR!
25/03/2020 12:36:19 6 6
If they want people to shop less frequently they need to instruct and enable us (military logistics if necessary) to buy MORE food per shop Went to Tesco last night & couldn't even buy my normal shop - even though the food was on the shelves, just wasn't allowed to So as a result I will have to make MORE shopping trips The limits MAKE NO SENSE I'm starting to suspect a genuine shortage
25/03/2020 12:40:52 2 0
763. Prisoner of Brexit Whilst plainly abhorring selfish shopping I think you make a fair point There are anomalies, too. A local supermarket is rationing loo rolls - perfectly sensible! But you're only allowed two "units" and a unit is a pack of loo rolls. So you can't buy 3 lots of of 4 packs but are absolutely at liberty to buy a 16 pack. There's something not quite right here.
25/03/2020 12:42:12 8 9
763 prisoner of Brexit " I'm starting to suspect a genuine shortage" ### and it is gonna ve even worse after the hard Brexit. The UK has 40% of its food imported. Now after we behaved during Brexit who is gonna send us food when they need themselves and at what cost? What if the EU bans the food export completely because they need their own?
25/03/2020 12:29:15 3 4
25/03/2020 12:36:29 11 0
25/03/2020 12:37:09 6 5
Avondale47 Fantastic response to this. All the volunteers deserve a medal. But what does that failure Corbyn do! nothing of any good, just looks for anything to slag off this government in these very testing times.
25/03/2020 12:08:02 7 1
It's the selfless volunteers that society should be thankfull for, not the vacuous & materialistic hoarders. I hope once we come through this our society changes to reflect this.
25/03/2020 12:22:29 8 8
#669 I hope once we come through this our society changes to reflect this. —— Embrace your sentiments fully but can’t see it. It’s ironic that sanctimonious hard right Brexitories are identifying themselves with these selfless acts when they’re amongst the most selfish greed inconsiderate elements of what we now call society. Sickening.
25/03/2020 12:42:02 9 6
766. Posted byPatriotic Paradox _ Yankee Poodle Bulldog Trust you to have to bring up Brexit at a time like this, typical selfish Remoaner 250,000 Adults ( Not Remoaners or Brexiteers ) set out to put the Great back into Britain Its time we all pulled in the same direction
25/03/2020 12:24:29 1 0
I volunteered last night on the Good Sam app, but have not heard back. Has anyone else experienced this?
25/03/2020 12:22:20 12 11
25/03/2020 12:25:29 7 1
25/03/2020 12:30:29 6 5
80% POPULATION HERD IMMUNITY The Government's plan is for 80% of the country (54 million people) to get Coronanvirus so that herd immunity is in place. This isn't right. The plan for now is simply to suppress the virus. Achieving herd immunity would take years and is usually done through vaccination rather than through an actual epidemic. Shame there is still a lot of confusion over this.
25/03/2020 12:38:40 9 4
The best thing to bring this nation together is a common enemy that threatens as us. I hope this will bring us together and when it's over we can be unified and work together.
25/03/2020 12:43:43 4 3
770. Posted bywelsh wizardz "The best thing to bring this nation together is a common enemy that threatens as us. I hope this will bring us together and when it's over we can be unified and work together" You can hope all you like but sadly it won't happen. Too late for that I'm afraid. The damage inflicted on the nation over the last 40 years is irreparable. Sorry but true.
The governments are still vigorously following Harold Shipman herd immunity And this policy relies on one very important thing It's the sort of thing that leads people to accept a Prime Minister who said 2 weeks ago "I went to a hospital with covid-19 patients and shook hands with EVERYBODY" And 2 weeks later says DON'T GO OUT That thing is your STUPIDITY Only a fool would believe him Removed
Both England and Scotland fell victims to insidious tory invasion Removed
25/03/2020 12:40:01 14 2
This is what the great British Public are - Givers, Carers, Helping their Fellows! Shame on the 'small' proportion of selfish hoarders, the social distancing rules don't apply to me Tribe and some multi-millionaire business owners who can only think of making as much money as possible. I'll remember where not to shop/drink/eat in future.
IMO
25/03/2020 12:40:31 9 7
Can we open up Buckingham palace ( now queenie in Windsor cattle ) and use that a makeshift hospital? All those unused rooms going empty! Apparently it’s public owned?!
25/03/2020 12:36:19 6 6
25/03/2020 12:40:52 2 0
And still the morons are on here... Well done everyone who registered and if your a moron the go do one Removed
25/03/2020 11:49:47 11 11
578 Tom Stockton "I’ve volunteered btw. And I expect never, ever to be called upon" Who knows...when they've filled the quotas for drivers, carers, logistics experts etc., and they're casting around saying "For God's sake...where do we find a loud Left Wing nihilist?"...maybe they'll be in touch. Stand by your phone!
25/03/2020 12:33:42 2 5
#595 Anglophone Who knows...when they've filled the quotas for drivers, carers, logistics experts etc., and they're casting around saying "For God's sake...where do we find a loud Left Wing nihilist?"...maybe they'll be in touch. —- Look at the hard right virtue signaller decrying those whose views differ.....same old Spivs....claiming a monopoly on ethics and hard work. Sickening.
25/03/2020 12:29:15 3 2
25/03/2020 12:34:42 6 0
25/03/2020 12:41:52 5 3
"But what does that failure Corbyn do!" Not just Corbyn - I'm sick to the back teeth of MPs telling us they are working together and it's not a time for politics, then go straight on to try to score cheap political points. Shame on every single one of them - they know who they are! We are where we are and we need to look forward - talking about the past does no good whatsoever.
25/03/2020 12:46:04 15 12
@779. Groovehoob "We are where we are and we need to look forward - talking about the past does no good whatsoever." after 10 years of tory austerity and the mantra that is all the labours fault(nkthing to do with the 2008/9 financial crisis) now suddenly we are just here... the run down of the NHS is noone fault, we are just here... sick of the conservatives, disgusting liars
25/03/2020 12:42:02 9 6
25/03/2020 12:36:19 6 6
25/03/2020 12:42:12 8 9
25/03/2020 12:56:00 2 5
781 Borisblojo . . Theres a reason why people export . . Money! I would imagine we will source things from the uk i.e arent engineering firms now making ventilators. Its called adapting
25/03/2020 12:43:33 2 4
@"The plan for now is simply to suppress the virus." They might want to make it look like that for political reasons, but it ain't If they wanted to suppress it, they'd TEST, TEST, TEST for the virus The gov has bought 3 million test kits for anti-bodies - to test for people who have PREVIOUSLY had it To fully suppress you need to know EVERYONE who has it AT THE CURRENT TIME
25/03/2020 12:50:47 6 1
@782 I agree with some of your points, but the fact remains that to allow 80% of the population to catch it while remaining within the NHS capacity (even if that was feasible) would simply take years. The fact is at the moment there is no exit strategy at all. Anyway don't want to start a long discussion, the thread is on the volunteers (who are all amazing). But herd immunity is not the plan!
25/03/2020 12:43:33 14 6
Boris Johnson is putting on a pitiful performance at Prime Ministers Questions today. It would be really useful if he actually answered a question instead of the usual bluster.
25/03/2020 12:35:58 3 4
25/03/2020 12:43:33 1 1
25/03/2020 12:38:40 9 4
25/03/2020 12:43:43 4 3
25/03/2020 12:51:48 2 2
#785 Be careful about quoting truths unless you have documentary evidence the damage done over the last 40 years is irreparable!! You need to be more specific, mankind has a lot of bad things over the years as well as good I might add, we can recover because we've done so in the past you're running on half empty which becomes a self fulling prophecy glad that not everyone feels the same
25/03/2020 12:44:06 3 4
With all your spare time you should brush up on your history. -- I am not one of these people I looked at my family name the other day. Apprantly aristocratic It said I come from the town of Joan of Arc And that my family crest was JUSTICE. I'm Norman? What the hell does that mean? And why have I been howling at the Moon for 6 months over all this haha ?? ????
25/03/2020 12:44:23 5 1
Wish I could help but sadly I'm in one of the at risk groups for health reasons. Thank you to all the amazing people who have volunteered their time though
25/03/2020 12:44:44 7 2
This is what country and community are about. Thank you to everyone who volunteered. In these times of crisis, news like this makes me smile. Thank you!
25/03/2020 12:44:44 4 2
This is us, pulling together. So proud.
25/03/2020 12:45:04 6 2
The majority of key workers are classed as low skilled (nurses, paramedics, delivery drivers etc.) by this government and we now have others volunteering. When this virus has passed by can we start rewarding these people properly for their services; or even now if possible.
25/03/2020 12:50:37 10 0
@790 "The majority of key workers are classed as low skilled (nurses, paramedics" I think that nurses / paramedics might disagree with low skilled!!!! But yes we should start rewarding people who contribute to society sensibly
25/03/2020 12:32:57 9 7
25/03/2020 12:39:14 11 2
25/03/2020 12:39:14 5 5
Notable for their absence: Corbyn Leader of lib dems (not sure of name) Farage.
25/03/2020 12:50:27 2 3
792 Notable for their absence: Corbyn Leader of lib dems (not sure of name) Farage. —— Maybe BBC. et al are not giving them any media time, perhaps? ??
25/03/2020 12:20:06 1 10
25/03/2020 12:43:14 9 6
25/03/2020 12:51:17 0 5
@ 793: How about they impose strict measures on their animal cruelty?????????????
25/03/2020 12:45:14 6 8
The Mayor of London seems to know what is happening outside; Boris and his advisers hiding in their Fuhrer-bunker obviously don't know what is happening under their noses.
25/03/2020 12:30:25 5 2
Hex
25/03/2020 12:45:24 16 2
I love those blind stupidity no Brexit types You know the ones that carried on going out when told not and genuinely believe that the lying Tories have abandoned Harold Shipman herd immunity THEY HAVEN'T Your government are ???????????? They now rely on our stupidity And to be fair we are not letting them down Removed
25/03/2020 12:41:52 5 3
25/03/2020 12:46:04 15 12
25/03/2020 12:46:04 8 0
Everybody needs to help someone if we all just looked out for 1 vulnerable person even if just a chat on the phone everyday it would help, however if you are being asked to potentially expose yourself to this virus then you should get paid, im now unemployed due to this i need paid work, rather than hand out benefits pay people to work these jobs, also introduce immunity testing immediately
Andre I wonder how many will commit suicide and kill their partners and neighbours as a result of this self isolation —- I wanted to throttle my over reactionary, fear junkie mother on two occasions already. I just sigh and count to ten instead ?? NB; who on earth snitched to moderator over this post??? We have some seriously deranged people on the net!!! Removed
25/03/2020 12:46:35 6 14
The COVID19 virus is the Earth starting new life, as it has always done. It's the result of higher CO2 and warmer conditions. Is the need to REDUCE CO2 now becoming obvious to all? The time of fossil fuel burning is over, now. The Earth will rebel, and is now doing so.