PM thanks 500,000 who have signed up to help NHS
25/03/2020 | news | uk | 2,948
The role of volunteers will be "absolutely crucial" in fighting coronavirus, says Boris Johnson.
1862 - sorry x 3 I remain baffled as to why you reside here if you hate it so much. It’s not the fault of Great Britain that you herald from a vertically challenged Nation that chooses to snack on bats. I’m betting that you could ‘do one’ right now? Am I getting warm? Removed
1901
cb
25/03/2020 19:51:51 7 7
@1885 omegaman ‘ Am I getting warm?’ You sent a shiver through me with your racist diatribe
25/03/2020 20:11:02 10 3
1901 - cb Cheap shot? Not like you. Listen buddy, we’ve both been stinking up HYS for long enough now for you to know that I’m perfectly relaxed & hold no stupid angst about race, but I will oftimes defend my Country from those who habitually take every opportunity to trash Great Britain & its peoples on HYS, ie, the poster that I responded to.
1902
25/03/2020 19:52:01 14 2
Great to see so many are not selfish panic-buying hoarders.
25/03/2020 19:38:28 18 2
I'm one of the 1.5 million, I had my text, I had my letter. Its going to be a long 12 weeks. I want to help as many people as possible in this time. I can't deliver anything, but I can talk and understand being trapped at home for 12 weeks or more.
1903
25/03/2020 19:52:01 11 0
@1876. Posted by campion home As someone who works for the NHS - I salute you. Still make sure to keep yourself safe, and ask about PPE and infection prevention training before you start. I've done mine even though I'm admin and don't really go near patients. Every bit helps to keep you safe.
@1871 shades 1858 "All I stated was if you had then that was sick" _ So persecution/harassment, then : What on earth are you babbling on about? If you think asking a question following claims about you is 'persecution' then you're even more unhinged than I thought. And that's going some tbh. Removed
1904
25/03/2020 19:52:22 1 21
1894 Just stop digging and apologise.
@1904 shades 1894 Just stop digging and apologise. : I'll just leave you to your delusions instead. Hopefully you're like a cat and if I stop feeding you you'll sod off. Removed
25/03/2020 19:42:26 8 7
1867 Jolly I'm a freelance photographer - for the first time in over 20 years I have no bookings! I really don't know what I'm going to do over the coming months. : Hopefully the government will announce measures to help folk like you. Fingers crossed. @1892 tom Should have thought about that when you had the chance. : Get back under your rock. Sniping at struggling folk, despicable.
1906
25/03/2020 19:55:13 17 0
Just like these comment boards, times like this bring out the best and worst in people.
1907
25/03/2020 19:55:23 23 7
Absolutely brilliant!! Greatest country on earth.
25/03/2020 20:04:28 7 5
1907. 3 down votes on my post.. greatest country on earth?? I'm talking about modern Britain..not the "Carry On Stealing And Robbing From Other Countries" Britain. It's been a brilliant effort by all and the government has been excellent too.
1908
25/03/2020 19:56:04 22 2
How many of those 400k people were panic buying i wonder? None I suspect, they're the good half of the population. Thank you
1909
25/03/2020 19:58:15 16 14
Been highlighted, that a firm in Nantwich, had possibility for 5000 respirators. Informed doh, no response. Lost them. Thanks mr. Hancock, well done. Still no sign of ppe for front line staff. Remember ‘everything they need’ . Another lie. If we hadn’t cut everything re NHS, retained ALL our nurses, we wouldn’t need volunteer. Thanks Tories
1910
25/03/2020 19:59:25 6 2
Vilunteers without PPE ?
1911
25/03/2020 19:59:25 8 6
So ‘Spoons owner is complaining about losing trade to supermarkets. Shame it didn’t happen sooner - at least its stopped them flooding to the place for a session at 10.30am.
1912
25/03/2020 19:59:35 15 3
Well done to all those who have volunteered like me .. we will beat this. BBC I been watching the news special talking about working from home, and then meeting 3 lovely families on how they are coping, nice house, obviously very stable household happy happy happy... BUT what about the single parents working from home, the council estates the people who are struggling! Very bad view BBC!
1913
25/03/2020 19:59:36 16 1
My wife and I have signed up to a local scheme in our village and are already shopping etc for folk in isolation. So I image have many many others, this being on top of the 400k on the national scheme.
1914
25/03/2020 20:00:26 10 2
I'm carrying on as normal, looking out for elderly neighbours around me if only with a bit more distance.
1915
25/03/2020 20:00:26 12 1
Yes well done to the people who have volunteered.
1916
25/03/2020 20:00:26 2 2
Old dogsbody No such thing as ,”influenza virus”. This is a common name like “Seagull” Most Winter influenza is caused by Coronaviruses Corona viruses cause 20% Of all flus Rhinovirsuses cause about 40% of all flus and most of the summer ones See ONS for excess winter deaths and percentages caused by respiratory illness See webmd.com for description of cold and flu viruses
1917
Bob
25/03/2020 20:00:36 15 2
I wish the press would stop their sensationalism of negative aspects of the of virus and using singular examples of the non-normal person who has been affected by the virus as a splashed centre page news stories to whip up clicks and feed the publics worry in a negative way....
1894 Just stop digging and apologise.
1918 Stop harassing me, it's not nice You waded in on an argument that was between me and somebody else who took a cheap shot at twisting my meaning you made it worse by endorsing the "twist" I explained what the real meaning was you accepted my meaning then 20 or so minutes later came back to harass me directly some more even though we had cleared it up Stop harassing me
25/03/2020 19:48:30 18 5
1919
25/03/2020 20:01:26 8 9
1895. Posted byredrobboon 5 minutes ago As USUAL - SNP set up their own CV19 expert panel - so much for unity. ALWAYS DIVIDING but want money from UK Govt. Let me explain Scotland is a different country with a different system and infrastructure An expert policy on managing high rise flats isn't ideal for managing submarines; even though they are both keeping people alive and well
1920
25/03/2020 20:01:36 16 5
First day out in 2 weeks of isolation in Soho London and it's sad. Loads of builders walking around not giving a damn about the 2 meters, either in the shops or street. Clearly thinking a hi-viz jacket is some kind of 'get out my way' uniform.
1921
PCS
25/03/2020 20:03:07 4 15
I'd like to say thanks for nothing to Government advisor Professor Ferguson aka Alan b'std whilst many of casualties were 70+ they were still someone's mum/dad or grandparent who might have still been here if government leadership did not have thier thumbs up thier rear end !
1922
25/03/2020 20:03:07 15 7
Our only question right now should be how much should we bill China for, when this is all over? The sheer recklessness with their treatment of animals has brought the world's economy to a standstill. THERE MUST BE A RECKONING.
25/03/2020 20:06:29 12 13
1922 Our only question right now should be how much should we bill China for, when this is all over? ++++++ Good luck with that. However, whilst you’re there why not think about billing Trump for the US made global financial crisis ? And Brexit supporters for the loss of GDP over the next 20 years ?
25/03/2020 19:51:41 19 6
1877. JJ JJ, we get it - you don't like the Tories. But here's the dirty truth. No one cares. We're all more concerned with this virus; a virus that is apolitical. Bang on about Cummings until you're blue (or red) in the face. We just don't care.
1923
JJ
25/03/2020 20:00:17 9 16
1899 just Either tens of thousands of us die or hundreds of thousands The person in charge makes that much difference There’s no way Theresa May would be this bad or even Maggie Cummings has got to start to lead or leave the stage to someone who can. 500,000 will die under his “herd” nonsense I’m soft right not Labour btw, hate the way the far-right have wrecked this country.
25/03/2020 20:08:00 16 3
1923. JJ You don't get it do you? This is a global pandemic of a new strain of virus. Knowledge of it is evolving so planning the fight against it is developing as we learn more. 500,000 won't die - that's just a figure you have concocted to justify your incessant politicising. Give it a rest - try being positive, like saying something complimentary about the volunteers instead.
1924
25/03/2020 19:49:27 6 5
Im liking this isolation Getting good on cooking And relaxing
1925
25/03/2020 19:52:28 6 4
Why I cannot be tested when had some small cold in last few days? But they tested wife of Prince Charles...well good and better people looks like for me...
1926
JJ
1927
Very clever get the populous to buy in. They'll get shafted once they realise they've been recruited into the economic and and social experiment. Global Covid deaths pass 20,000 More than 7 billion survivors. Removed
@1927 pleb Very clever get the populous to buy in. They'll get shafted once they realise they've been recruited into the economic and and social experiment. : Idiot. They're doing it to help sick, vulnerable and isolated people. Who cares what the reason is. Although it ain't your conspiracy theory rubbish for damn sure.
25/03/2020 19:42:26 8 7
1928
25/03/2020 20:04:08 3 2
1867. "I am a freelance photographer - for the first time in over 20 years I have no bookings!" Take some photos when you go our for your daily exercise (walk or cycle): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52007548
25/03/2020 19:55:23 23 7
Absolutely brilliant!! Greatest country on earth.
1929
25/03/2020 20:04:28 7 5
25/03/2020 20:08:40 15 7
1929. by Robin It's been a brilliant effort by all and the government has been excellent too. .. I am told that staff in St. Thomas hospital, London are wearing bin liners, people are turning up to the hospital with dead relatives in their cars. It has not been a brilliant effort by all, not by a long stretch and it is going to get worse.
1930
25/03/2020 20:04:38 2 2
I'd to have signed up , but as I lost my job last year , due to health issues & now have been diagnosed with MCI, I'm sorry that I can't help them , well done to the volunteers, we are a great nation , except for the people who are conning pensioners out of money etc.
1931
25/03/2020 20:05:49 16 4
The US is rapidly becoming the epicenter of infections and their health system will ensure it is the epicenter of fatalities. This might be Trump's Watergate moment.
cb
25/03/2020 20:07:19 9 4
@1931 Jenny Taylor ‘ This might be Trump's Watergate moment.’ He could slap a baby orphan and some people would still vote for him.
25/03/2020 20:03:07 15 7
1932
25/03/2020 20:06:29 12 13
25/03/2020 19:36:25 8 37
This afternoon I got a text on my mobile, it reads: Stay home, Protect NHS, Save lives which is exactly the same slogan in front of this messy-haired PM (sorry PM, you look tired and must be too busy to comb it) BUT The message I felt to get is like this Stay home to protect NHS who saves lives ???? If we all stay at home when not well, why do we pay taxes to have a NHS ???
1862. Posted bysorrysorrysorryon 28 minutes ago "This afternoon I got a text on my mobile, it reads: Stay home, Protect NHS, Save lives.............." --------------------------- God help the people who have to live with you 24/7. Words fail me....... The only thing I can really say to that is $£$&^%*&^(*&*()_*)_*)(*&()*&)(*&(*)&(*%%£$%$"£%$
1935
25/03/2020 20:07:19 11 6
25/03/2020 20:14:03 4 0
@1935 - I fear the number may be quite shocking
25/03/2020 20:14:03 20 3
1935 will "Why have they stopped reporting deaths???????? WHY? What was death toll in last 24hrs? " If you haven't noticed there is a pandemic. Doctors are busy helping people and confiriming deaths. You dont need an up-to-date Xfactor style counter to update your Facebook status with. Pathetic.
1936
25/03/2020 20:05:19 10 18
"Well-prepare" = have done nothing "Herd immunity" = DON'T PANIC, we are thinking about doing something Lockdown = DON'T PANIC, we have decided to lockdown as China recommended "Stay home - protect NHS - save lives"= lack of testing kits, masks, protection suits, proper hospital beds, ventilators, ICUs, doctors/nurses, instead we got a warehouse with volunteers Sorry Sorry Sorry
25/03/2020 20:11:02 19 5
1936. . Sorrysorrysorry Once again you mock the Government's response. Remind us all what the Chinese Government did to Dr Li? You know, the doctor that raised the alarm over this? Sorry to ask you again but you seem unwilling to respond on this question.
25/03/2020 20:05:49 16 4
1937
cb
25/03/2020 20:07:19 9 4
1938
25/03/2020 20:07:39 6 17
JJ
25/03/2020 20:00:17 9 16
1939
25/03/2020 20:08:00 16 3
JJ
25/03/2020 20:14:48 7 10
1939 just I am a volunteer and my family work in the NHS. No tests, rubbish PPE. This is global but the way it is managed will determine how many die in the UK 80% will catch Covid19 according to Govt. experts, unless the strict instructions are followed. Mortality 1%, so c. 500,000 deaths. So why are they contradicting their own rules? Schools open? Tubes & buses? Nuts.
25/03/2020 20:04:28 7 5
1940
25/03/2020 20:08:40 15 7
25/03/2020 10:29:22 41 12
60. Posted by nic on 5 minutes ago UK as a matter of urgency must halt the refugee routes which are acting as a conduit for virus. No people just need to stay at home. Unbelievable, there's still people like you blaming everything on immigration!
1941
25/03/2020 20:08:40 10 1
@101. Posted byBoss Times I know. Imagine suggesting that huge numbers of people moving in and out of a country might help spread a virus. What a ridiculous suggestion.
1942
25/03/2020 20:10:31 3 2
Jolly Ranter@1867 ~ "I'm a freelance photographer - for the first time in over 20 years I have no bookings! I really don't know what I'm going to do over the coming months." Maybe you could do some creative work or sell stock photo's online. It's not huge earnings, but it might keep things ticking over. https://petapixel.com/2017/07/05/want-sell-stock-photos-heres-comparison-major-services/
1943
25/03/2020 20:10:31 3 0
Hope the delay in issuing today's England numbers isn't ominous...
1944
25/03/2020 20:10:31 8 3
With so much propaganda in the world at the moment it can be hard to find the truth. The left, the right and moderates are manipulated by tabloid press, politicians and activists with a hidden agenda. Nobody should suffer hardship in a country as rich as ours. Every person should be equal to the next. So why are privelidged people in the UK allowed test kits. Money still talks on a crisis!
1945
25/03/2020 20:10:41 8 6
The streets of our town seem to be curiously busy with elderly folk. Not sure why and they may have good reason but it seems the message isn't getting through. Incidentally, i also wonder where the reporters are getting their photos of empty streets ? maybe 5 in the morning but certainly not at 11 o clock
cb
25/03/2020 19:51:51 7 7
1946
25/03/2020 20:11:02 10 3
cb
25/03/2020 20:14:43 3 2
@1946 omegaman ‘ Cheap shot? Not like you.’ If you really believe that, then it should give you pause. I support your right to defend your country without being racist.
@1946 omeg Listen buddy, we’ve both been stinking up HYS for long enough now for you to know that I’m perfectly relaxed & hold no stupid angst about race : I have to agree with that. I don't often agree with your comments, but generally find them amusing (laughing with you, not at you), and certainly never considered you a racist.
25/03/2020 20:05:19 10 18
1947
25/03/2020 20:11:02 19 5
1948
25/03/2020 20:12:42 5 5
Concerning that today's figures for UK still don't include England. What are they waiting for? Are they really high and wondering whether to trim it down, by taking off income tax, vat and adjustments for inflation?
25/03/2020 20:15:14 9 0
1948. Posted bytheblackparadeon Just now Concerning that today's figures for UK still don't include England. What are they waiting for? Are they really high and wondering whether to trim it down, by taking off income tax, vat and adjustments for inflation @@ Of course they are going to be high, that is expected.
1949
25/03/2020 20:13:23 2 17
I have met quite a few reliable people that have told me that they and some work colleagues displayed all the symptoms now identified as Covid 19 symptoms (fever, persistent dry cough, headache, fatigue and aching joints) in December and January. Prior to official declaration of the virus. Why is there a delay in testing people to prove people have recovered from C19. It will blow the con!
25/03/2020 20:16:14 16 2
25/03/2020 20:16:34 3 1
1949 - trouble is I feel like that most mornings as I am sure many of us do nut I always put it down to poor diet, lack of excercise and too much red wine
25/03/2020 20:07:19 11 6
1950
25/03/2020 20:14:03 4 0
@1935 - I fear the number may be quite shocking
25/03/2020 20:07:19 11 6
1951
25/03/2020 20:14:03 20 3
1952
25/03/2020 20:07:03 8 11
Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris It's a corbyfacists nightmare
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
@1952 U18176691 “Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris” No we are not. The country is rallying around each other - supporting our fellow countrymen (and women). Most of us are not doing this for any politician, we’re doing it for ourselves.
@1952 U18 Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris It's a corbyfacists nightmare : Pathetic. They're rallying around to help fellow citizens during a crisis, not for politics. Do you think so little of folk that if it had been a different leader they wouldn't have volunteered?
25/03/2020 20:11:02 10 3
1953
cb
25/03/2020 20:14:43 3 2
25/03/2020 20:22:58 12 5
1953 - cb Sigh! My comment referred to media reports suspecting the culture of eating bats & I tempered it with an accurate & universally accepted observation that the folk from China seem to be vertically challenged. It was offered in humour to a habitual HYS racist & you seemingly can’t tell the difference between the two? I’m done.
1954
25/03/2020 20:14:43 17 2
A few weeks ago I commented on a hys regarding a colleague that had been back to Iran and on return told me that the gov there were lying and that thousands had died, young and old. The BBC moderators deleted my post. Perhaps they thought I was scaremongering. How things have changed.
1955
A word of warning to those debating with Froffing He has been cutting and pasting my posts I had been responding to and and reposting in his on name with other folks bad comments on to make it appear they were my comments (which I had disagreed with) This is what you are dealing with **** Removed
25/03/2020 20:12:42 5 5
1956
25/03/2020 20:15:14 9 0
1957
25/03/2020 20:15:54 11 2
Like so manyny others, only too happy to help. Wish I could do more. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised we're not in the millions of volunteers. What is everyone else doing with their time?
1958
25/03/2020 20:16:14 15 10
Thank heaven Labour put forward the unelectable Corbyn last election. Without the all singing all dancing action man Boris we could be standing on the precipice of an economic catastrophe with hundreds of thousands unable to pay their rent or service their mortgages never mind put food on the table....
25/03/2020 20:21:07 10 24
1958 MIDDLE OF THE BIGGEST PEACETIME CRISIS IN YEARS and someone like YOU sings same old flat Tory song Mr. Corbyn for all his faults hasn't binned 18,000 hospital beds in the last 7 years has he? Read more think more POST LESS xx
25/03/2020 20:13:23 2 17
1959
25/03/2020 20:16:14 16 2
25/03/2020 20:26:00 8 6
1959. Posted by Sk1d @1949 pleb1an What’s the motive and evidence that it’s a con? Please tell us how you blew it wide open from your little command centre in your mums back bedroom. --- My mum died of Pneumonia in a hospital 40 years ago. I'm old enough to see an international manipulation. History proves that the majority always get conned. Enjoy the Soma.
25/03/2020 20:13:23 2 17
1960
25/03/2020 20:16:34 3 1
25/03/2020 20:07:03 8 11
Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris It's a corbyfacists nightmare
1961
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
25/03/2020 20:19:16 19 6
1961. Posted byRicky Spanish Just now @1952 U18176691 “Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris” No we are not. The country is rallying around each other - supporting our fellow countrymen (and women). Most of us are not doing this for any politician, we’re doing it for ourselves @@ Very well put Ricky
25/03/2020 20:20:57 9 3
@1961 ricky spanish So true this has nothing to do with politics.
25/03/2020 20:20:32 3 7
1961 Ricky You don't speak for the country with you minority view the election "WE" who are you kidding
25/03/2020 20:29:52 11 2
#1961 Ricky Spanish Well put sir What we are actually seeing is how parliament and politicians SHOULD work I.e. together for the benefit of the country Unfortunately for too many years they have done nothing but ridicule the other parties and promote there own political aims. The current pandemic is apolitical and does not care about supposed political ideology Stag safe all.
25/03/2020 20:35:45 12 13
@1961 Quite right. Johnson has dithered and delayed at every key moment; Test kits promised last week still not here; delay in lockdown; lack of PPE for front line medical staff; lack of clarity over who should be working and subsidies for the self-employed. We will unite and get through this as a people, but we lions led by donkeys.
1962
25/03/2020 20:18:46 8 3
Obviously the way to get English builders to turn up to work is to make it illegal. I bet they are not spending all day drinking tea and looking at their smartphones now that the rest of the country is.
1963
25/03/2020 20:19:06 7 14
Can the government give the average age and race of those who signed up?
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
1964
25/03/2020 20:19:16 19 6
1965
25/03/2020 20:19:26 18 1
Reading the story on Italian dead from the virus. No one is making people aware the virus lives on clothes for hours. In the days of low temp washing, and knowing that MRSA only dies at 60°c plus. Are we still causing a problem via medical staff cleaning clothes themselves with low temp washing powders ? Stopping the spread has to be looked at completely and acted on
1966
25/03/2020 20:19:26 4 16
000.0096% of the UK population have, or have had the C-19 based on the 2020 population of 67,785,000 Of course the 67,785,000 isn't accurate because Gov guesstimate Illegal Migration stats. Of course the 000.0096% is likely to increase because Boris and Co. failed to reduce the inbound flights from January ... Around about the time he was in St. Lucia
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
1967
25/03/2020 20:20:57 9 3
@1961 ricky spanish So true this has nothing to do with politics.
25/03/2020 20:16:14 15 10
1968
25/03/2020 20:21:07 10 24
1969
25/03/2020 20:22:08 5 21
Another great division of AGE GROUPS. The middle aged downwards are keen to impose shutting the old folks down. Most old folks recognise that life is not eternal. But understand why freedom is precious. This Panic has been created by Western governments to mask the re-ordering of global debt. Should take about 10 weeks !
25/03/2020 20:26:00 3 1
@1969 pleb1an Interesting theory. What’s the evidence for this. Please elaborate on how this will work.
1970
25/03/2020 20:22:48 16 1
This virus shows the best of people and sadly with empty shops the worst of greedy people who can't care about others or they would not have stripped the shelves bare.
@1970. sensible "This virus shows the best of people and sadly with empty shops the worst of greedy people..." The Wetherspoons scumbag throwing all his staff out and refusing to pay them. Telling them to go get jobs in Tesco or Morrisons. After this is over there should be a boycott of Wetherspoons Removed
25/03/2020 20:08:00 16 3
1971
JJ
25/03/2020 20:14:48 7 10
25/03/2020 20:27:41 8 1
1971.. JJ Are you being deliberately obtuse? Some people still have to work, they are essential to keeping critical services going. That's why buses and the tube are still running. That doesn't mean to say you can't use other modes of transport to avoid personal contact. It's called taking some personal responsibility.
25/03/2020 20:29:52 11 2
@1971 Sometimes you have to stop blaming the govt for everything. Take PPE. I know for a fact that some hospitals have stockpiled masks. Then the doctors' body complain they are lambs to the slaughter. Look closer to home guys. This stockpiling is worse than loo roll ; it endangers lives. I am a key worker but can't say more else I'll be sacked.
cb
25/03/2020 20:14:43 3 2
1972
25/03/2020 20:22:58 12 5
cb
25/03/2020 20:25:50 5 7
@1972 omegaman ‘It was offered in humour to a habitual HYS racist & you seemingly can’t tell the difference between the two?’ Oh yes I can. And two wrongs don’t make a right.
1973
25/03/2020 20:22:58 20 2
Dominoes Pizza have pledged to donate 100,000 pizza to front line health staff. I hope this great idea catches on so that we can feed our hero's!
1974
25/03/2020 20:24:19 12 16
Boris’s antibody test is just a diversionary tactic from not concentrating on getting enough Covid19 tests earlier to test the public like WHO and other EUropean countries. A whole lot of money will be wasted on a useless antibody test... there is no real evidence that people can’t get the virus again. Boris always too little too late. Airports are still open, incomers not traced or isolated.
25/03/2020 20:26:40 5 2
@1974 seeseeteevee London City Airport shut down this evening.
1975
25/03/2020 20:25:40 10 11
25/03/2020 20:30:43 9 2
1975.. british patriot "Know which camp I’m in" Yes, so do we. The Irrelevant Troll camp.
25/03/2020 20:32:34 12 4
1975. Posted bybritish patrioton 2 minutes ago Farage Trump Cummings Johnson Rees-Mogg Bannon ( Tim Martin) Versus Great British selfless Volunteers Know which camp I’m in @@@ From a lot of your posts, the only camp you are in is your own.
25/03/2020 20:07:03 8 11
Hahaha the countrys rallying around boris It's a corbyfacists nightmare
25/03/2020 20:22:58 12 5
1977
cb
25/03/2020 20:25:50 5 7
25/03/2020 20:16:14 16 2
1978
25/03/2020 20:26:00 8 6
1979
25/03/2020 20:26:00 3 2
What's wrong from my question? are people afraid of the truth? remember numbers don't lie. Only so called humans.
25/03/2020 20:22:08 5 21
1980
25/03/2020 20:26:00 3 1
25/03/2020 10:49:24 98 1
1981
25/03/2020 20:26:10 8 1
"257. byvinny1979 I am 1 of 129,000 posties who deliver to over 60,000,000 million properties daily, 6 days a week. Why has no one asked us to deliver food parcels/medicine Madness" Well done you! However, I haven't had post for 8 days now because our (large) local office can't share their resources around different walks when some are off. Good people, poor management AGAIN!
1982
25/03/2020 20:26:30 7 3
God we need the football back more than ever!! There has to be something to look forward to. Well done to all those who volunteered !!
25/03/2020 20:24:19 12 16
1983
25/03/2020 20:26:40 5 2
@1974 seeseeteevee London City Airport shut down this evening.
JJ
25/03/2020 20:14:48 7 10
1984
25/03/2020 20:27:41 8 1
JJ
25/03/2020 20:34:17 6 5
1984 just 90% of tube goers are not essential workers but because they’ve been told to work & the Govt has sent out mixed messages (Gove / Hancock) & not barred all non-essential work, they (wrongly but understandably) believe they have to go to work. Cummings has got to be clear: All schools shut All non-essential non home-based work stop All non-essential shops shut Enforced
1985
25/03/2020 20:27:41 11 6
25/03/2020 20:31:43 11 1
@1985 Antidote Well I won't thank him for not providing simple testing kits to the masses despite knowing this was coming since January. ---- The virus was only identified at the end of Dec. To have developed and deployed tests in a few weeks for the active virus and a couple of months for the antibodies is unusually quick
25/03/2020 20:22:48 16 1
1986
1987
25/03/2020 20:29:12 11 5
The reporting by the BBC of the poor 21 year old who has died is really bad. They write “according to the family”, as if doubting them. They never write “according to the doctors”. Also the term “underlying health conditions” is so broad - these are often people who are young and relatively well. I don’t want to cause panic but we have to get a grip on the language we’re using - COVID kills anyone
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
1988
25/03/2020 20:20:32 3 7
25/03/2020 20:39:28 14 2
@1988 U18176691 “You don't speak for the country with you minority view the election "WE" who are you kidding” I think you mean I shouldn’t speak for the country because of an election I’ve supposedly lost. I’m speaking for myself. I believe that people are not doing this because a politician told them to; it’s because they care for their fellow Briton. It’s an apolitical position.
1989
25/03/2020 20:21:32 2 1
The numbers could go either way here. Really bad shows up the numpties who are ignoring it all and are causing it. Not many may mean possibly the Government and its advisors have got it spot on, or........
JJ
25/03/2020 20:14:48 7 10
1990
25/03/2020 20:29:52 11 2
25/03/2020 20:17:35 26 9
1991
25/03/2020 20:29:52 11 2
25/03/2020 20:33:14 5 0
Re post #1991 Apologies. Autocorrect issues. Should say ‘their’ not ‘there’ and ‘stay’ not ‘stag’
25/03/2020 20:25:40 10 11
1992
25/03/2020 20:30:43 9 2
1993
25/03/2020 20:30:43 21 0
Unbelievable. Brings a tear to my eye how generous people are. Thank you volunteers, returning NHS workers and current NHS staff...
1994
25/03/2020 20:30:43 7 5
Why has France gone up to having three times as many deaths as the UK? I thought they had a better health service than the UK and had planned better than the UK and not dithered like the UK.
25/03/2020 20:36:36 6 2
@1994. hatebbcharassinglicenseletters "Why has France gone up to having three times as many deaths as the UK?" One reason is that they are testing more people, so they have a better view of which deaths can be attributed to Coronavirus. Another is they have more cases of the virus than we do (as far as we can tell without testing properly in the UK) they are a few days ahead of us.
1995
25/03/2020 20:30:53 12 4
'Stephen Powis, NHS England medical director, said there had been "outbreaks of altruism" and he was "bowled over" by the medics returning to the front line and the response from volunteers.' Well? What say you to that, HYS trolls? Accept it: most people are nicer and more considerate that you. Deal with it.
1996
25/03/2020 20:31:14 16 3
The best and the worst of people come out of the woodwork in a time of crisis, the trick is now to let the army and the police round up the scumbags who abuse and flaunt times like these!
25/03/2020 20:27:41 11 6
1997
25/03/2020 20:31:43 11 1
25/03/2020 20:11:02 10 3
cb
25/03/2020 20:35:05 4 9
@1998 Assert ‘...certainly never considered you a racist.’ On the whole I agree. But then he shouldnt tell a person who is seemingly Chinese to go home to his short, bat eating country. Even if it is a ‘joke’
1999
25/03/2020 20:31:53 11 3
Why can’t we comment on Charles fleeing to Balmoral BBC knowing he had the symptoms of the virus.
2000
25/03/2020 20:31:53 6 11
Farage Trump Cummings Johnson Rees-Mogg Bannon ( Tim Martin) Versus Great British selfless Volunteers Know which camp I’m in Know which camp wants to keep my family and country safe and healthy