PM thanks 500,000 who have signed up to help NHS
25/03/2020 | news | uk | 2,948
The role of volunteers will be "absolutely crucial" in fighting coronavirus, says Boris Johnson.
A Royal Famy Member Has It... One Positive Amongst All The Misery..Can Only Hope Andys Next.. What A Disgusting Family They Are.. And I Hope These Tests Go To The Needy First.. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days Removed
25/03/2020 16:27:58 9 13
Sweden bossing it while Italy and Spain kill thousands, yet the left wing on here, desperate for the illusion of impropriety, are keen to follow Italy into chaos rather than acknowledging the governments efforts to bring the rest of the country together like it's Dunkirk again. (..and we still have idiots who think we can "do a China" without a million soldiers to spare... hahahaa, idiots.
25/03/2020 16:30:00 5 8
Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open?
25/03/2020 16:34:12 0 1
1303.. Not Sure.. Was Thinking Same Thing..
25/03/2020 16:35:43 7 1
1303. Posted by steve on 3 minutes ago Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open? ========= You really are tempting mass hysteria aren't you. Last time KFC ran out of chicken kids wanted to divorce their parents.
25/03/2020 16:48:11 1 1
1303. steve Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open? ========== If you think I was kidding in my reply @ 1311... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-urge-stop-calling-kfc-chicken-shortage-dhl-tower-hamlets-a8220321.html Police urge people to stop calling them about KFC chicken shortage. Please don't panic the sheeple.
25/03/2020 16:30:10 23 1
I appreciate that this may be a long shot, but wouldn’t it be good if after this debacle is over ‘we’ could continue to look out for the vintage folks who don’t have family or friends?
25/03/2020 16:33:22 6 6
i bet those london lefties have took up the majority of vacancy's so they can get free flowers from tesco
25/03/2020 16:28:22 5 10
Beeb, they won't listen to me THESE 250,000 people are trying to be helpful - but they might SPREAD THE VIRUS FURTHER. We have to STAY INDOORS, not volunteer to go and enter a packed shop and then drop stuff of to 20 houses. In a time when we are meant to be locked down, THIS IS DEADLY MADNESS.
25/03/2020 16:19:23 5 3
For all those flouting the guidelines regarding shopping for essential items. The supermarkets should all use their cctv to photograph them and give it to the police so that they can be fined or better still have a police officer or traffic warden outside of the supermarkets to issue on the spot fines
25/03/2020 16:33:52 3 4
1290.barca For all those flouting the guidelines regarding shopping for essential items. The supermarkets should all use their cctv to photograph them and give it to the police so that they can be fined ---- Also use the data from credit card transactions and loyalty cards! -bogbrush- https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/302369
25/03/2020 16:33:52 3 14
Seems like mostly middle classes to elites have it, or spread it. Poor working classes cant afford to travel, so again have to suffer from the haves of society. Let's hope Globasation dies, but I dont it, rich love getting rich from Chinese sweat shops so give China a pass on everything. Like cooking animals alive. Barbaric. But hey, let's get rich, Junior needs his private education now
25/03/2020 16:30:00 5 8
Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open?
25/03/2020 16:34:12 0 1
1303.. Not Sure.. Was Thinking Same Thing..
25/03/2020 16:09:03 17 1
I personally have found that me staying 2 metres away from people in the supermarket is not a problem. BUT what is a problpem is getting THEM to stay 2 metes away from me! And if you ask people to please keep back you get a mouthful of abuse and told that you are a nutcase.
25/03/2020 16:35:43 8 0
1281. Johnny Begood ...what is a problem is getting THEM to stay 2 metes away from me! And if you ask people to please keep back you get a mouthful of abuse and told that you are a nutcase. -- That's why I'm avoiding supermarkets like the plaque (NPI). My local shop is limiting selling to 2 items per person. Seems very sensible to me.
25/03/2020 16:30:00 5 8
Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open?
25/03/2020 16:35:43 7 1
25/03/2020 16:37:04 8 27
It's with great sadness that the Tories said goodbye to Jeremy Corbyn today He has been by far the best leader the Tories could have hoped for He's allowed them to have a laugh with installing a Demented orangutan as their leader and get away with it So now our country is in the midest of the worse crisis in our history with a lying clown and useless government We are in trouble
25/03/2020 16:37:24 12 1
Surrounded by covidiots - walking back from shops observed one man standing by van door talking to driver through open window, and yes the man was also standing in the road whilst cars drove past him! Further on, two families chatting outside a house, obviously one family about to go out on their bikes, insufficient distancing, and the father on the bike was repeatedly coughing.. I crossed over..
GTB
25/03/2020 16:37:34 6 0
All that really means is we know more about it now than we did a month ago. An typical HCID are ones like Ebola, Lassa Fever & Marburg. === Hmm... yeah but, the likes of Ebloa cannot be spread by particles in the air like COVID-19 can. It requires direct content with bodily fluids. So I'd say COVID-19 is far more infectious than some of those diseases listed
25/03/2020 16:38:04 7 0
Introduce one way system down aisles in supermarkets to allow social distancing,much easier if all going same way.Of course some are slower then others so use common sense.Anyone not taking Coronavirus serious should look at Italian and Spanish news channels.No need to shop any differently to normal and then shelves would not be stripped clean.Enough for all if panic and greed don't take over.
25/03/2020 16:33:25 3 11
The government has supposedly notified all the aged vulnerable people to stay indoors for 12 weeks. I am 79, have COPD and rheumatoid arthritis. I have not received any notification. Are these figures more of bojo's plucked out of the air numbers !! ,
25/03/2020 16:46:00 3 2
1316. Posted by Peter on 11 minutes ago The government has supposedly notified all the aged vulnerable people to stay indoors for 12 weeks. I am 79, have COPD and rheumatoid arthritis. I have not received any notification. Are these figures more of bojo's plucked out of the air numbers !! Answer: No Peter, received mine yesterday. stay safe.
25/03/2020 16:39:05 8 0
I’m stuck at home and would love to help but with a dry cough thought I might not be welcome (when are we going to test everyone?). Well done and good luck to all those volunteers.
25/03/2020 16:39:56 9 0
Humans need to change.
25/03/2020 14:37:22 5 2
1029.carelessPedant Re: veterans I do not seek to diminish the service&sacrifice of UK armed forces.I am actually amazed that the UK is still able to recruit people given the appalling pay& conditions.As for veterans,here in the USA,everyday I drive along a Veteran’s Boulevard, past a Veteran’s Hospital &numerous memorials to US forces.My point is UK has very poor attitude to its ex-forces. Why?
25/03/2020 16:40:06 0 0
1080 ComradeX You claim (now) your point is about UK treatment of its ex-serving but your original statement ... "In the UK we have former armed forces personnel or ex-soldiers" didn't make that point. That is why I responded as I did. You appear to be an Ex Brit ... or is that Veteran British as you once served here? Insert tongue in cheek at this point. Whichever, Stay safe n take care!
25/03/2020 16:40:16 11 0
My family have all signed up. Just waiting to hear if we are able to help. We are in a pretty rural area so I'm confident I'll be able to help at least one person out.
25/03/2020 16:55:06 8 0
@1320 omegaman Dose it really takes two of you to do the shopping? I think it isn’t being unreasonable to ask only one person from each household to do the shopping. Cuts down on crowding.
25/03/2020 16:42:07 15 4
covid has laid bare the full ugliness of this nation
25/03/2020 16:42:30 11 3
No HYS for Scotland - again! Maybe something to do with Charlie Windsor infected with CorVid-19 and going to Balmoral knowing he had symptoms. Tested at Aberdeen when even front line NHS staff can't. Heyho though, why not pot a few deer and cull a few peasants while on ones jollies!
25/03/2020 16:45:40 1 4
1322 - nice one but did you mean peasants ? I know people consider Scotland to be in the dark ages but.....
25/03/2020 16:42:37 11 0
“ Is swinging and orgies still allowed? I suppose only if family group.” This isn’t Alabama
25/03/2020 16:43:28 17 2
I don’t know what has surprised me more about Prince Charles coming to Scotland when everyone else was advised not too or him have a private flight when he is telling the rest of us to go green.
The Royal Family Are One Big - Covid - 19. Universally Despised. Removed
25/03/2020 16:42:30 11 3
25/03/2020 16:45:40 1 4
25/03/2020 16:33:25 3 11
25/03/2020 16:46:00 3 2
25/03/2020 16:46:20 18 5
this country has no soul and no right from this point forward to say how really great we are. from old people being spat at to ignorant fools partying on the beach and having BBQ to queues at supermarkets. I have an old couple opposite me in floods of tears as they cant get food from supermarket. This country and the people that inhabit it should all be ashamed. SELFISH people, SELFISH country
1328 bugger off you twisted bitter fool Removed
25/03/2020 16:50:43 5 14
25/03/2020 16:46:30 4 11
I read that Prince Charles, along with countless celebrities & world leaders, have tested positive for Covid-19. Therefore, if the general public were to be tested like the rich and famous, it's safe to that we'd find a huge number of people who have already been exposed to the virus with absolutely no harm. So why has normal life been suspended indefinitely over this? A horrendous over-reaction.
25/03/2020 16:54:46 9 1
@1329. steve It's safe to that we'd find a huge number of people who have already been exposed to the virus with absolutely no harm. So why has normal life been suspended indefinitely over this? A horrendous over-reaction. Because it's difficult to perform an autopsy on a survivor to see if there are any long term health implications Einstein, health services would collapse globally.
25/03/2020 16:47:21 14 1
THESE 250,000 people are trying to be helpful - but they might SPREAD THE VIRUS FURTHER. We have to STAY INDOORS, not volunteer to go and enter a packed shop and then drop stuff of to 20 houses. In a time when we are meant to be locked down, THIS IS DEADLY MADNESS. -- So we let the elderly and vulnerable starve and have no medication?
1330 Martial law "So we let the elderly and vulnerable starve and have no medication?" No. My dad just finished chemo and has a lung disease, he is one of the vulnerable. So, i have completely self isolated and live on my own, and i am the only person who on a weekly basis will deliver his shopping and i have all the right gel sanitizers. THESE VOLUNTEERS ARE ILL PREPARED
25/03/2020 16:30:00 5 8
Hello, does anyone know if KFC is open?
25/03/2020 16:48:11 1 1
25/03/2020 16:46:20 18 5
1328 bugger off you twisted bitter fool Removed
25/03/2020 16:53:15 15 4
1332 chipbutty I served as a soldier for 20 years, from N Ireland, to the balkans to the gulf war and kosovo. UN tours and queens gallantry medal awarded in 97. Ive fought and have felt the coldness of death on many many occasions. I believe I am owed a comment or two.. and now I offer shop runs for thise that are not in a position to do so... tell me, what have you done for your country?
25/03/2020 16:48:52 9 0
What’s the bet that those signing up are the ones following all the instructions we’ve been given. Big thanks and three cheers for them. Meanwhile there are still a few numpties buying stuff up, not social distancing and profiteering on selling sites. Let shame them, expose them for what they are.
I wonder how many of the loopaper-hoarding covidiots are Brexiteers. Removed
25/03/2020 17:17:52 6 4
1334 wonder how many of the loopaper-hoarding covidiots are Brexiteers. and I wonder if the converse applies or are some remainers still literally full of it? Get over it, There's more to worry about now. Take your head out of the Independent or some other place..
1334 wonder how many of the loopaper-hoarding covidiots are Brexiteers. - Not all Brexiteers will be hoarders but you can bet all hoarders will have voted out! Removed
roy
25/03/2020 16:49:12 0 0
how do people volunteer ?
25/03/2020 17:04:16 3 0
1335. how do people volunteer ? for NHS volunteering sign up to goodSAM webpage I believe. I did that today, plenty of community groups and churches help, so check out their webpages for contact locally, your local councillor should know, as well. Plenty of indoor volunteering, like phone buddies, as well, if you are worried or are in at risk group.
25/03/2020 16:49:22 7 2
Well done to all the volunteers. The only websites I trust on coronavirus are the NHS, Public Health England (on Gov.uk website) and the BBC. Don't trust the tabloid press or any conspiracy websites. Stay safe
25/03/2020 16:49:33 2 0
Dear oh dear, I make a light hearted comment and still get down votes
25/03/2020 16:22:35 4 5
@1288 What rubbish, he went before the instruction were given and did not jump at any NH S queue but qualified like anybody else in Scotland.
25/03/2020 16:49:33 11 1
@1296 "he went before the instruction were given and did not jump at any NH S queue but qualified like anybody else in Scotland" ^^^ Saturday: Everyone was (quite rightly) complaining about the selfishness of people travelling to their holiday homes. Sunday: Charles (who had symptoms of the virus over the weekend) gets on a plane to travel to one of his holiday homes.
25/03/2020 17:03:09 0 1
@1338 Exactly as I said, he went before instructions were given.
25/03/2020 16:49:53 7 1
covid has revealed to me everything about this nation that brexit left hidden
25/03/2020 16:50:03 10 0
1350 - barry “... introduce one way system in supermarket aisles”. I’ve a feeling that most of us poor blokes with bruised shins & who trail behind their wives while pushing a heavy trolly on some sort of confusing mystery tour would whole heartedly agree with you, but let’s make it permanent & not only interim?
25/03/2020 16:46:20 18 5
25/03/2020 16:50:43 5 14
25/03/2020 16:56:27 4 2
@1341 - Steve Really Steve, you need every detail spoon-fed by a nanny state - it's high time people started taking ownership for themselves - if you are unsure - ask. Come-on, I am tired of the pathetic ineptitude of "the person in the street" expecting to be molly-coddled all the way. The guidelines are perfectly fathomable.
25/03/2020 17:48:40 8 6
1341. Posted bysteveon 54 minutes ago @1328. Posted by Tombsy this country has no soul and no right from this point forward to say how really great we are. ...having BBQ...SELFISH people, SELFISH country --- To be fair, the government have issued no guidance on whether barbecues are permitted or not. It's hardly a surprise so many of us are confused. Laugh or cry, Jesus wept.
25/03/2020 16:50:43 13 0
One of our foodbank trustees just told me people are stealing from our foodbank boxes (the little that goes in just now). Absolutely disgraceful. We work with the school in the most deprived catchment area of our town - among others. YOU ARE STEALING FROM CHILDREN PS: skeleton staff doing a great job feeding kids in a safe way in a school that is mostly closed
25/03/2020 16:52:45 5 21
25/03/2020 17:02:18 8 4
@1343 ovalball #LiarJohnson was literally dying to be our leader Now we are literally dying because he is Regulars on here know you are a die hard left winger but right now this is an apolitical situation so cut the sniping it does nothing to help PS To correct your snarky comment, many of us will literally not be dying (because of the decisive actions he has phased in)
25/03/2020 16:52:55 1 18
Of course people sign up just like they pledge money to children in need. They don't honour the pledge and they won't turn up to help
25/03/2020 16:53:15 5 3
I tried to sign up but they said. NO MUPPETS ALLOWED !
1328 bugger off you twisted bitter fool Removed
25/03/2020 16:53:15 15 4
25/03/2020 16:56:47 6 5
1346...Why Is Fighting For Your Country Alway Brought Up... My Great Grandad Did.. Blown To Bits At Arrass 1917..At 19..For Fools That Cared Not A Jot For Him... Not To Mention Your Probably Telling Lies... Oh And I Have Worked In XTe For 15Years.. Now Bugger off
25/03/2020 16:54:26 2 5
Keep thinking of May 1st when this will all be over and we can get back on with normality, stay positive everyone.
25/03/2020 16:46:30 4 11
25/03/2020 16:54:46 9 1
25/03/2020 16:40:16 11 0
25/03/2020 16:55:06 8 0
25/03/2020 17:00:03 0 2
1349 - Madashell You jest? It would be unwise & probably a threat to my personal wellbeing to allow my dear wife think that I could handle it on my own.
25/03/2020 16:50:43 5 14
25/03/2020 16:56:27 4 2
25/03/2020 16:56:27 14 0
Right now, every NHS worker, police officer, volunteer, etc is a hero. Shame on those who put personal greed first.
25/03/2020 16:53:15 15 4
25/03/2020 16:56:47 6 5
25/03/2020 16:59:01 2 8
1352 chipbutty What have YOU done!! you prat.. I me not justifing myself to someone who has obviously lived below the umbrella of what I and others like me have provided.. You make me sick..
25/03/2020 16:57:17 3 2
Put down your spoons chubsters and read some Shakespeare
25/03/2020 16:58:09 5 1
US lawmakers have agreed a $2 trillion stimulus package. ===== ? ? ? https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/03/20/fed-to-conduct-1-trillion-in-daily-repo-for-rest-of-march-2020.html Fed to conduct $1 trillion in daily repo for rest of March 2020 ====== THAT is why the markets rebounded so well. Once the cream is scammed (sorry creamed) off, it will all go dark. for MONTHS / YEARS?
ian
25/03/2020 16:58:20 7 0
Thank you Team NHS!!!
Taz
25/03/2020 16:58:40 1 2
Keeping construction sites open is another way to kill off the self employed cost risk. Amazing stupidity, to support paymasters, and risk the NHS. No wonder it needs volunteers to support it. It was apparently clear - essentials, essential services, and that's it! Now it's ok to be crammed on the London transport system, so we can blame Khan.
sdd
25/03/2020 16:42:40 2 0
25/03/2020 16:56:47 6 5
25/03/2020 16:59:01 2 8
1359.Your a Creep. Your A Liar As well.. I verb Dobe Care Work For 16Years.. Never Claimed Benefits... Your Just Right Wing Nazi Alsation... Big Deal You Fought For. A country That Doesn't Care About You. So Did Half my Family... You All En Up Bitter or Joining The Police.. Now Get Lost You Goon.. Removed
25/03/2020 17:11:37 5 1
@1359. Posted by Tombsy What have YOU done!! you prat.. I me not justifing myself to someone who has obviously lived below the umbrella of what I and others like me have provided.. You make me sick.. --- Tombsy, I'm detecting some anger here. You need to try and relax - if you allow yourself to be consumed by rage, the virus has won! Only love and laughter can defeat Covid-19.
25/03/2020 17:13:49 5 7
1359.. I Bet You Read The Sun And Call People Of Colour The Coffee Issue.. Like The Posh Officers Told My Dad To Say While Fighting The Mau Mau in Kenya.. Big Deal You Fought For Your Country.. Like Most Peoples Relatives Blown To Bits At Arrass 19 Years Old, - For Establishment That Never Cared For Them - Stop Spouting Off About Fighting For Your Country.. In Fact You Probably Never. CREEP
25/03/2020 16:55:06 8 0
25/03/2020 17:00:03 0 2
25/03/2020 17:00:24 2 2
Whether people like it or not, it all comes down to money, money is king and money is God. Don't get paid while off people will find ways to make some extra cash. Lock down or no lock down. Sadly its the way of the world.
25/03/2020 16:58:45 5 0
Why is there no such initiative in Northern Ireland? Get yer finger out.....
25/03/2020 16:59:45 11 1
Thank you to those who signed up.
25/03/2020 16:52:45 5 21
25/03/2020 17:02:18 8 4
25/03/2020 17:02:28 3 10
The governments strategy relies on our stupidity They "got found out" on the Harold Shipman herd immunity So they lied and said they had abandoned it They immediately started deliberately putting out mixed messages And have been putting out mixed messages ever since So let's judge them by what they are doing not saying Are you so stupid you believe them? SIMPLES
25/03/2020 16:59:01 2 8
25/03/2020 16:49:33 11 1
25/03/2020 17:03:09 0 1
@1338 Exactly as I said, he went before instructions were given.
25/03/2020 17:03:09 6 10
25/03/2020 17:06:31 16 9
1368. chocolate fireplace "How many of the volunteers will receive adequate personal protection equipment? They are Johnson's cannon fodder, enlisted to plug a decade of Tory cuts." No mate, we are helping the country in its hour of need - unlike, I'm sure - you.
roy
25/03/2020 16:49:12 0 0
how do people volunteer ?
25/03/2020 17:04:16 3 0
25/03/2020 17:04:53 4 2
Applauding volunteers is clearly right, but we should be supporting our NHS staff more positively. They have families too, so why should they have to work in sub-standard PPE, and why do we just accept they won't be tested for the virus - this is madness! We should be rioting in support of them! Oh, we can't, because gatherings are banned - maybe part of the plan? Mind you, PPE is on order!
25/03/2020 16:47:21 14 1
25/03/2020 17:05:55 7 4
25/03/2020 17:06:36 11 3
I thought that Trump had ordered the virus to stay away from the US. It must be one hell of a shock to him to find out that he is not God after all. All those years he wasted looking in a mirror
25/03/2020 17:07:08 2 8
So, as I understand it: the public are allowed to host and attend barbecues, as food is provided and therefore they are considered essential, on the condition people are kept 2m apart. It doesn't seem very practical, but I'm just glad I don't need to cancel. I've been buying so much bread and meat over the past week or two for this!
25/03/2020 17:07:39 16 0
It's wonderful to see ordinary people doing their bit...and then you get the likes of SIR Richard Branson!!!
25/03/2020 16:19:53 4 6
Why on earth isn't Matt Hancock & the entire World Health Organisation (WHO) speaking night & day with China's senior health officials because apparently China have miraculously pegged Coronavirus fatalities at a little more than 3,000 despite having the world's largest population of 1.5 BILLION Surely Boris should video conference the Chinese into every COBRA meeting so we can have a miracle too
25/03/2020 17:07:59 2 1
1294. Posted by Mark Crossley on 30 minutes ago Why on earth isn't Matt Hancock & the entire World Health Organisation (WHO) speaking night & day with China's senior health officials Surely Boris should video conference the Chinese into every COBRA meeting so we can have a miracle too. They are, they’re sharing info with scientists.
25/03/2020 17:08:21 4 1
For nigh on 20 years I have witnessed mr Peter Andre getting press coverage for much pointless futile contrived nonsense from the fellow. Finally,for once,his wife gets him press coverage for something actually worthwhile. Sors but I don't like attention seekers
25/03/2020 17:08:31 1 0
Paul BC, love the Pepys quote. Times have changed but human nature hasn't. Wonder if they had barbies in those days for the police to knock over....
25/03/2020 17:08:31 12 15
It's not covid that is killing you It's the government you elected Deal with the root cause before pointless volunteering that will only result in more deaths
25/03/2020 17:06:31 4 7
I always wonder why UK has relatively smaller number of confirmed cases, while the country like Switzerland (only 1/8 of the uk population) has much higher number than that of uk. Also, in the past 7 days, China has had 474 new cases (only one domestic case), nearly 1/2 of them were imported from the UK Today, Prince, the top figure caught it All these indicate bojo is hiding something??
25/03/2020 17:03:09 6 10
25/03/2020 17:06:31 16 9
25/03/2020 17:14:29 8 12
1380. GPs are decrying the lack of PPE, not just me. Please avoid being infected by CoronaBoris
25/03/2020 16:59:01 2 8
25/03/2020 17:11:37 5 1
25/03/2020 17:26:44 9 3
1381. Posted bysteveon --- Tombsy, I'm detecting some anger here. You need to try and relax - if you allow yourself to be consumed by rage, the virus has won! Only love and laughter can defeat Covid-19. *** No don't think so have been watching Boris now for days and it hasn't done me any good
25/03/2020 17:13:49 6 3
Vallance seems aloof and pompous to me...…….We certainly don't need that mentality. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was irresponsible but none of the 3 amigo,s up there seem to have any regrets on that callous decision.
25/03/2020 16:59:01 2 8
25/03/2020 17:13:49 5 7
25/03/2020 17:12:29 15 5
I’s like to see NHS abolitionist Jeremy Hunt step up to the podium and accept his share of responsibility for the disastrous lack of equipment and understaffing we are now facing thanks to his and The Tories stewardship of our NHS. Osbourn too, for stopping bursaries. Come on chaps....don’t be shy.....you’ve genuinely earned it....so now own it!
25/03/2020 17:06:31 16 9
25/03/2020 17:14:29 8 12
25/03/2020 17:17:11 13 8
"always wonder why UK has relatively smaller number of confirmed cases" because the UK does not test as much as other countries, sadly
25/03/2020 17:17:21 9 13
Will Johnson take personal responsibility for the extra deaths caused by his dithering approach to lockdown, I wonder? Nope.
25/03/2020 17:15:32 4 5
Im sorry but a LOT of these posts could have been given to TAXI DRIVERS ...a segment of the self employed that have seen their income destroyed...by using volunteers they are depriving taxi drivers of work for deliveries of people and materials ...yet another kick in the teeth for so called "Key Workers"
I wonder how many of the loopaper-hoarding covidiots are Brexiteers. Removed
25/03/2020 17:17:52 6 4
Tom
25/03/2020 17:18:32 3 0
I wonder how long the extra DBS checks will take? I've been waiting for one for a new job and it has been at stage four for over 60 days, and it currently has three days left on the highest level of escalation - it is now also impossible to reach anybody via telephone. Certain police forces are slow at the best of times, but anybody in the Teesside area is in for an even longer wait now!
25/03/2020 11:05:42 5 1
Re: using your car. I am a volunteer driver for the NHS and my insurance Company told me that as long as I took no payment I would be fully insured, but you must contact them before volunteering as some companies may say no. (get it in writing)
25/03/2020 17:19:03 9 8
357. Unable to sign up to volunteer as the website only accepts people living in England. We are in Wales. -- Damn that devolution nonsense. Better together. Britain doesn't need 4 parliaments doing the same thing.
25/03/2020 17:19:03 16 4
Makes you proud to be British !!! Well done!
25/03/2020 17:19:33 4 2
You can only volunteer if you have another source of income. Government could easily pay these people for their time - as they could with everybody else on short time, laid off, redundant or self-employed short of clients
25/03/2020 17:20:15 8 0
Chipbutty. I was wondering where my supply of capital letters had got to.
25/03/2020 17:17:57 18 12
25/03/2020 17:34:15 4 8
1395. Posted byMkIIIon 12 minutes ago 405,000 people have come good and volunteered to help the country at a time of National emergency. Meanwhile the same dozen or so left-wing anarchists are spouting bile and drivel on here. ** How many have been tested for the virus and then cleared by the police A Boris PR stunt
25/03/2020 17:22:10 28 1
Its good to see some people really want to help. Compare with the selfish idiots at the weekend who went to beach instead of staying at home, and its a much better sight. Well done volunteers, and thanks.
25/03/2020 17:22:10 12 7
Makes you proud to be British - until you listen to the SCUM media asking the questions at the latest press conference. All trying to undermine the government - this is NOT the time to undermine, the analysis of what has gone on will come after the event Trying to compare us vs other countries - well how about Italy, Spain. France as a comparison ?
25/03/2020 17:27:55 7 7
@1397 Waterwitch ...All trying to undermine the government - this is NOT the time to undermine, the analysis of what has gone on will come after the event Trying to compare us vs other countries - well how about Italy, Spain. France as a comparison ? **** Not wanting to scare you but do keep this post of yours in mind two weeks from now.
25/03/2020 17:22:20 13 17
BoJo thanks 400,000 from saving his backside and the Tory party.
ged
25/03/2020 17:41:05 12 8
1398 Swiss Tony Bojo thanks 400,000 from saving his backside and the Tory party. Oh dear Tony, you just can not resist trying to make a (pathetic) political point out of anything can you? An article about what is essentially human kindness and altruism becomes a point scoring chance in your eyes. Unlike those people Tony, when you look in a mirror, you see one of life's losers.
25/03/2020 17:23:01 10 9
The ruling clique has covered their hands in blood with their brexit adventurism and covid experimentation and are now buying themselves a place in heaven at your expense, volunteers.Think about it.
25/03/2020 17:23:01 11 5
Makes you proud to be British