Billie Eilish's Bond theme is dramatic and audacious
13/02/2020 | news | entertainment | 1,155
The verdict on the teenager's ballad for Daniel Craig's final outing as 007, which she released overnight.
So we can comment on this but not ; Johnson chooses power over personnel Removed
MDR
14/02/2020 02:22:09 156 32
1. Posted bySteveFoston "So we can comment on this but not ; Johnson chooses power over personnel" There was a HYS all day yesterday about the Javid resignation. We have had enough political HYS recently and nothing changes... same vitriol from both sides fuelled by the BBC desire to stir the pot. Music is an escape.... enjoy the break
14/02/2020 08:29:31 2 1
1.SteveFoston "So we can comment on this but not ; Johnson chooses power over personnel" 3. MDR "There was a HYS all day yesterday about the Javid resignation." Still is. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51491662 Simple way to check for Open Hys: http://www.ihysdb.com/Home/News/Open
In before Brexit is mentioned Removed
MDR
14/02/2020 02:22:09 156 32
MDR
14/02/2020 02:26:41 182 186
Billie and her brother Finneas are incredibly talented for such a young age. The Grammy awards recognised this and now at the age of just 18 she will perform the next theme tune for one of the most recognised film series in the world. I'm sure lots of people will comment "who" or "who cares" but appreciate the talent this girl has.. sure to be one of the biggest stars of the 2020's
14/02/2020 05:56:03 8 5
@4 She won’t last, two years and she’ll be on the Z list. They only picked her song for bond because she’s in the charts at the minute and they hope it will sell well and bring extra attention and bums on cinema seats from her fans.
14/02/2020 09:42:24 7 6
"4. MDR Billie and her brother Finneas are incredibly talented for such a young age. The Grammy awards recognised this and now at the age of just 18 she will perform the next theme tune for one of the most recognised film series in the world Appreciate the talent this girl has.. sure to be one of the biggest stars of the 2020's" --- Are you her Manager? Or just a chronic brown-noser
14/02/2020 11:34:27 3 2
04. Posted byDraxxon 3 minutes ago 815 olifox Broadly positive reviews online from the beeb, torygraph, guardian, etc. -- If they give negative reviews to any pre-(movie)-release stuff like this, then they don't get the interviews with the stars later on' And it's more difficult to sell the advertising
14/02/2020 02:31:13 3 8
What is the first line she sings. According to the article it's " I should have known i'd live alone " but it sounds like " i'd leave alone " to me ?
14/02/2020 02:32:13 5 26
I’ll play along... This is clearly a BREXIT-derived song, referencing the challenge the country’s facing and that only the brave will survive, no time to die. I’ll let you choose which is which: brexiteers or remainers.
14/02/2020 02:34:44 145 71
she sounds so persecuted. it must be difficult winning a record contract.
14/02/2020 02:41:27 13 7
Contemporary but forgettable for a singer/ songwriting team that have been on top of their game. Fits with mood of Bond opening scenes and may well prove a slow burn popular accompaniment to a much hyped film. Set against the back catalogue not sure it will prove to be a classic but perhaps will be proved wrong.
14/02/2020 02:42:58 257 155
Can't believe crap like this gets any attention Is this what "music" has come to
14/02/2020 02:50:01 284 117
Dramatic and audacious? I'd say dull and anaemic.
10. nfty "Dramatic and audacious? I'd say dull and anaemic." OK Boomer. Removed
14/02/2020 02:53:52 17 13
It's a good song but definitely not dramatic and audacious.
14/02/2020 02:54:43 220 97
There have been some cracking Bond songs over the years, even Adele made it lift. This however is part of the new movement I call 'SPlunge', Slow and Painful Woe is me Grunge, maudling.
14/02/2020 02:55:43 6 8
Not bad , definitely better than Madonna’s effort and too morose to be a classic but most of the recent Bond themes have been forgettable. The best song never to have been a Bond opener was Python Lee Jackson’s classic ‘In a broken dream’ from 1970 . If you have never heard it give it a listen . You might just recognise the singer .
14/02/2020 02:57:54 13 26
Most of her music is bland, boring & forgettable.. so why get her in? Theres no been a gd Bond song in this century. They went down the PC route with this 1 by mentioning her age when they announced it. P.s Bonds supposed to be Scottish with a Swiss mother - when will Bond be Scottish again?! Sam Robertson should be Bond. He's from Dundee but thats ok, as long as it aint a Glasweigan.
14/02/2020 04:36:19 3 3
14. Posted by EzPz on 2 hours ago P.s Bonds supposed to be Scottish with a Swiss mother - when will Bond be Scottish again?! Sam Robertson should be Bond. He's from Dundee but thats ok, as long as it aint a Glaswegian. Bond has a strong Dundee connection: the Fleming money came from Robert Fleming, the Dundee-born inventor of the investment trust. Etonian Ian hid his poor roots.
14/02/2020 03:03:47 164 72
Kill me please
14/02/2020 03:04:17 73 95
Good song & seems to fit the mood of the film. Not sure why you open comments on this though as it’s just lots of middle aged men whining about how singers were better in the ‘good old days’
14/02/2020 03:06:38 19 43
Genuinely loved that on first listen. Great characterful vocal and the crescendo is fantastic. The last few Bond themes have been really poor - this is the most musically interesting since Jack White. Excellent.
KB
14/02/2020 03:07:47 237 100
What a truly terrible choice for a Bond song. Bring back the massive power ballads ffs.
14/02/2020 03:11:51 67 18
I didn’t enjoy the song. I won’t be purchasing it on this occasion, beeb.
14/02/2020 03:17:12 19 29
There has not been a good bond movie since Sean Connery and Roger Moore left. This song goes along with that theme. Its a drippy song and as such the film probably will be drippy woke nonsense.
14/02/2020 03:24:56 5 9
Better than the last two. But that's about it.
14/02/2020 03:20:06 73 19
It's like Skyfall...only not good.
14/02/2020 03:33:50 44 19
Blimey I didn't think you could make a worse Bond song after Sam Smith but this awful dirge takes the biscuit. Please don't try and convince me this is singing. I hope the film is better than this "song" and indeed Spectre and Daniel Craig actually looks interested.
R0N
14/02/2020 03:35:50 91 22
Bond is meant to be about thrill and excitement. This is not a thrilling or exciting song.
14/02/2020 03:39:02 39 33
"Talented". I fully expect none of the music or lyrics are her own and her voice has been Autotuned to be far far better than it really is. I bet you could pick any 18 year old girl off the streets, give her some minor training for a day and get her to sing a studio-manufactured song and it would easily be as good or better than the latest Bond theme.
14/02/2020 03:39:52 184 60
Hardly Shirley Bassey.
R0N
14/02/2020 03:40:32 67 26
If James Bond wore those shoes with a hidden knife in the sole, he'd deploy it and start kicking his own head in listening to that. Sorry.
14/02/2020 03:48:05 24 42
Good for her. Seems like the bitter unhappy types are up this morning. Relax, grab a coffee; it's Valentine's Day and nearly the weekend.
14/02/2020 04:06:44 13 13
Actually it is quite a reasonable song - just a shame they couldn't find a talented singer to perform it (she makes Sam Smith sound good) - and also a woman who is old enough to have some experience of life to project into that performance.
14/02/2020 04:07:54 28 12
It feels like the article was written before listening to the song, just assuming what a Billie Eilish Bond theme might sound like. There’s certainly nothing audacious about this. It’s basically Sam Smith’s song repackaged. To be honest, I’d say it’s about as good as could have been delivered by this artist.
14/02/2020 04:08:45 15 14
More garbage from the attention seeking generation. Does the new film have "died a death" anywhere in its title?
14/02/2020 04:22:51 14 16
31. Posted by BlueStrike on 9 minutes ago "More garbage from the attention seeking generation." Never her of the Beatles? Who, Hendrix, Vera Lynn, Dolly Parton, Queen, Beethoven...? And why are you posting here if you're not seeking attention? Hypocritical older generation envious of the young?
14/02/2020 04:10:15 8 5
It's actually a pretty good song, and I understand why they chose her, what with being a break out artist / star and riding a huge wave of success while still retaining credibility - however, it just isn't a Bond Theme. It's missing the drama, the urgency and the crescendos.. the sadness and the excitement, the pulsating heart, the roller-coaster ride of like say, Shirley Bassey.
14/02/2020 04:13:37 9 6
Haunting. I like it. It's music.
14/02/2020 04:08:45 15 14
14/02/2020 04:22:51 14 16
Read the article and bet myself a jam tart that the comments section would be one hundred percent pathetic, reactionary, miserable middle-aged men complaining. Get lives. p.s. the jam tart was very nice Removed
36. Posted by moomater How did you confirm, that it was 100% pathetic, reactionary, miserable middle-aged men? Ah, you must be one of those "woke" muppets that just makes generalisations with no basis. Removed
14/02/2020 04:35:06 10 14
I really feel this is terrible. The plangent tunelessness of Tanita Tikaram combined with the adolescent whininess of Morrissey. Was there really no-one at EON who could tell her: this is no good, you're sacked?
14/02/2020 04:35:56 32 21
Not convinced, a sop to the 'woke' generation, who cannot change a light bulb let alone appreciate musical talent without a beat box or auto tune!
14/02/2020 04:35:56 7 2
Sheena Easton was good
14/02/2020 04:37:07 5 17
LMAO @ Tony of Britain I just awarded myself another jam tart. Yum-yum! I pity you, Tony.
41. moomater You awarded yourself a jam tart for no reason though, so its not deserved. Pity me? Why pity me? I live in the real world, not one where people blame others for their mistakes as you do. I pity you as you have obviously been brought up to blame everyone else but yourself. In fact, I don't pity you, I pity the people who have to put up with you. Removed
14/02/2020 04:37:07 5 17
42. Tony of Britain Pity me? Why pity me? I live in the real world, not one where people blame others for their mistakes as you do. I pity you as you have obviously been brought up to blame everyone else but yourself. In fact, I don't pity you, I pity the people who have to put up with you. -- lol short fuse huh. Removed
14/02/2020 02:57:54 13 26
14/02/2020 04:36:19 3 3
14/02/2020 04:43:40 6 24
This is around the time of day people like Tony have heart attacks (look it up). I wonder how many gammons this article is going to kill? Headline: "Hundreds of furious, frustrated, bitter old men killed reading about a young person with a better life than theirs"
14/02/2020 04:44:51 11 6
"It's easily the most audacious and atmospheric take on the Bond theme in living memory".................I can only presume that author Mark Savage is under 6 years of age and has only ever heard one bond theme, which was Sam Smith`s, not fit for purpose, Writing`s on the wall. This effort sounds like a failed pop idol auditionee with Coronoavirus and a sever dose of constipation
14/02/2020 04:47:41 2 13
STILL lmao @ Tony of Britain!!!!!! You're desperately arguing against me having a jam tart!! Simply hilarious. More please.
People like moomater need to stop making assumptions, you know what they say about that. Not seeing how moomater is leading a better. I get to travel extensively for free, have good food, get paid well and am far from middle aged. It must just be because I do travel, see the world and have my own house rather than sitting in my room in my parents house playing games like moomater feeling owed. Removed
Oh dear. I think Tony of Britain really has had a heart attack. His florid, tear-stained face twisted into a rictus of self-loathing and resentment. Just listened to the song. It's not great. Not terrible either. Put the baby to sleep though. =) Removed
14/02/2020 04:57:46 12 6
Let's just hope the film's better than this dirge.
14/02/2020 05:01:48 16 8
Well that was utter garbage!
I do believe moomater is delusional. It appears that moomater can only make assumptions and believe them, which is exactly what these leftist loons who think the world owes them feel. Tell me moomater, did a teacher tell you off for being naughty and hurt your little feelings? Is that why you have this bitterness against other people particularly middle aged men who you assume everyone here is? Removed
hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!! Oh, Tony; you sad man. And you're married to a model and you drive really big car and you were recently hospitalised because you are, clinically, 'too happy and successful'??? I'm going now. You're patheticness is bringing me down. (shakes head) "That poor man." Removed
52. Posted by moomater No, I have too much fun to be married and I hire cars because as I said, I travel a lot, so no point in having buying a car when I won't use it much. Now off you go child and eat your little jam tart and save your little attempts at insults for the school playground where they belong. Removed
Seek help, Tony. Seriously. I was having fun before, but now I'm genuinely worried about you. Just talk to someone, okay? There's nothing to be ashamed about in reaching out and admitting that you're struggling. Honestly. Be well, buddy. =) Removed
54 moomater Are you still here? Why are you not off with your leftist loon friends making jam tarts, criticising and making assumptions about people who you disagree with? rm12066 is quite correct. If someone makes a comment, and if people like you don't like that comment you try to drown them our and/or belittle them. Fortunately you are about as good at that as you are making assumptions Removed
14/02/2020 05:17:14 5 1
It’s ok. Not what is being described in the article. Very soft for a Bond song.
14/02/2020 05:20:16 9 6
Moomater I'm middle aged but I like the song,haunting and soulful and very bond
14/02/2020 05:20:26 84 20
And to think my cat was available.
14/02/2020 05:21:26 10 4
It’s okay, but hardly dramatic and unsettling! If you go on Soundcloud there are plenty of unsigned artists that produce excellent original music. It honestly feels like the record industry has got music on filter feed to us, only airing what they want us to hear.
14/02/2020 05:21:56 11 5
Love the old Bond themes, was geared to slam it when I saw the artist, but I like it. Very haunting, perfect for DCs last outing.
14/02/2020 05:28:39 49 1
Tony and Moomater makes for good reading. It does illustrate that people are unable to criticise anything without that criticism being taken out of context. Saying. “One doesn’t like this song” is not a disparaging comment targeting young songwriters. It’s like critiquing RP’s drag race, makes one a homophobe; it doesn’t, some people just think it’s a bad show (not me,I thought it was great)
14/02/2020 05:31:00 4 5
Don't care about the music, do we finally have a Craig Bond film with a decent script?
14/02/2020 05:42:25 9 5
Sounds like a Lana Del Rey wannabe song
14/02/2020 05:43:16 30 10
Pointless have your say, and whether you like the song or not, it simply does not meet the brief to be an anthem of an action movie, if it was the theme for a documentary about the holocaust it might of made sense, but you can't set a high octane action thriller to this any more then you could watch Slayer perform songs from the sound of music, it simply doesn't work.
14/02/2020 05:49:18 14 6
Good morning everyone that doesn’t care and hasn’t even heard of them.
14/02/2020 05:52:40 11 10
Modern bond themes are always rubbish, this is no exception
14/02/2020 05:57:32 3 1
It's actually better than I expected! I'm not a fan of her wobbly vocal style but she's really popular with my teenage daughter. I've always thought her brother was the one with the talent. Personally I would love to hear what British band White Lies could come up with, I know their bassist/songwriter Charles Cave was working on a song.
MDR
14/02/2020 02:26:41 182 186
14/02/2020 05:56:03 8 5
14/02/2020 06:00:04 6 2
Not the best Bond song ever, but I like it.
14/02/2020 06:01:04 149 97
Didn't they used to get people who were famous to do these?
14/02/2020 07:37:27 26 12
71. Axe the Telly Tax Didn't they used to get people who were famous to do these? == I'm no youngster so I'm not her target audience but I'm well aware she is pretty famous. From your user name, I suggest you may need to broaden your view of the world.
dan
14/02/2020 09:56:51 9 4
71. Posted byAxe the Telly Taxon 4 hours ago Didn't they used to get people who were famous to do these? -- She's currently the 3rd most streamed artist on Spotify, and just sweeped the Grammy's. Have you ever thought maybe you're just not 'Hip' anymore, like you thought your parents weren't 30 years ago?
14/02/2020 06:03:35 6 16
So brave, so stunning..
14/02/2020 06:03:05 9 8
“The musician is known for her intimate, designed-for-headphone vocal style” So in other words, she can’t sing correctly or project her voice. Then you go the other way and have those bellowed like Adele, who can’t sing correctly and literally shred their vocal chords through improper technique and over powering and forcing their natural voice.
14/02/2020 06:07:56 13 8
Load of rubbish, scraping the barrel chasing the latest fad. Utter drivel.
It looks like James Bond has been hijacked by a woke feminist screen writer (fleabag) and a singer who seemingly visits her nail bar twice a week (isn't she a great role model for our daughters!). Removed
14/02/2020 06:10:48 7 1
I like it.
14/02/2020 06:12:09 6 0
She is an amazingly talented young lady. The hard work and dedication shown by her brother to succeed has been nothing short of amazing.
14/02/2020 06:12:39 5 7
To Mark Savage, Music Reporter. It's a lyric, not lyrics. One song, one lyric. Two songs, two lyrics. When will these university educated clowns appreciate this very simple difference?
14/02/2020 06:13:39 5 1
“STOP GETTING BOND WRONG!!” I think that sums things up on this forum.
14/02/2020 06:14:30 8 4
It is so boring, the worst one in a long time
14/02/2020 06:15:00 8 12
Great song. Got Bond written all over it, plus it will give the GAMMONS a heart attack, so win-win.
14/02/2020 06:15:40 12 2
I was hoping they’d have a more ‘rock’ theme this time round. Something a bit more up-beat. ??
14/02/2020 06:07:10 4 9
BRILLIANT
14/02/2020 06:07:10 16 6
ItS a HIT
Zob
14/02/2020 06:07:10 19 18
This "theme" is absolutely dire. Embarrasingly bad. Popular culture has become totally feminised. Everyone talks on screen how women imagine they would talk. Silly shows like Fleabag etc. Men don't talk/act like that in real life. Guys, the Fleabag writer is writing the new Bond film!! What a joke. Bond is done in my eyes. It's finished. May as well just call her Jane.
14/02/2020 06:21:03 4 3
@85 zob. “Everyone talks on screen how women imagine they would talk. Men don't talk/act like that in real life.” I know. Thing is I read the works of predominantly male authors and have watched films by numerous male directors. Spend 10 mins with any woman and find that they don’t act like men have imagined them to act when we had a stranglehold on culture for the last thousand years..
14/02/2020 06:27:56 5 5
85. Zob "Bond is done in my eyes. It's finished. May as well just call her Jane. " you like your men to be real men? :O
Joe
14/02/2020 06:19:32 6 13
I feel bad for her winning the part tbh as James Bond is for a bunch of old farts
Zob
14/02/2020 06:07:10 19 18
14/02/2020 06:21:03 4 3
14/02/2020 06:21:03 9 6
Yes but is it woke? Because we all know that is all that really matters
tom
14/02/2020 06:21:33 4 5
Nice one look forward to the film ????
14/02/2020 06:23:14 5 5
John Newman's Love me again, One of the best action movie songs I've heard, shame he missed out, this is a bit like a female comentating on a Premiere football match, square peg in a round hole, just doesn't fit.
14/02/2020 06:43:22 1 0
92. Posted by AnO8server Nope, just telling it as it is. I see you must be someone who is easily offended if you think my comment was made due to a short fuse.
14/02/2020 06:24:14 7 4
As a voice coach I have always thought that this young lady has very good on-sets and her tone is very good as for this particular song not her best but it will still be a top seller, some younger singers are amazing , Benicio Bryant an American singer is outstanding! Hope she is not knocked to much good enough for James Bond good enough for me :-)
14/02/2020 06:26:55 4 4
Everyone loves a Bond film. It's the pick-me-up that this country needs.
14/02/2020 06:27:46 49 25
Never heard of her so looked her up. Homeschooled by parents who are nobodies in the Hollywood soup, her brother wrote and produced the track that made her famous. Cue confected adulation from the industry leading to a 'successful' album, she's 18 and has never had to live like you or I nor put the yards in like other performers. Her sound is nothing new and is quite frankly drivel.
14/02/2020 06:30:57 3 1
95. Allan Someone got out of the wrong side of bed....
14/02/2020 06:27:56 1 4
And probably depressing and full of victimhood sob stories .
Zob
14/02/2020 06:07:10 19 18
14/02/2020 06:27:56 5 5
14/02/2020 06:27:46 49 25
14/02/2020 06:30:57 3 1
95. Allan Someone got out of the wrong side of bed....
14/02/2020 09:03:47 4 2
98. Adam At least I get out of bed and work for a living, adding value to society, unlike the subject of this article who's been mollycoddled to 'fame'.
14/02/2020 06:31:17 17 6
It's all a bit like limp lettuce... dull, depressing and sounds more like a closing theme as the credits roll than a BAM! Bond is Back!! type song. Give me Shirley B or Tom Jones any day - even Duran Duran and Lulu gave us amazing themes. This one is just... ugh...
14/02/2020 06:31:37 12 7
Its Crap,A durge,confirms she cant sing.
14/02/2020 06:35:09 5 13
100 “Its Crap,A durge,confirms she cant sing“ Oh dear, having a bad day? Can’t be bothered? Not too bothered to respond I see. You must really hate yourself dude